PDA

View Full Version : Gun control idea

DDT
02-23-2009, 9:51 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/23/citizens-to-get-guns-to-battle-militants/

I like Pakistans idea of gun control.

We could buy an M-16 and a 1911 for every home in America and still have half of the stimulus bill money left.

mblat
02-23-2009, 10:56 AM
It is interesting that arming local population in order to curtail violence seem to work even in such adverse conditions like Iraq.
However, here in CA CCW still remain highly controversial subject. I wonder if our policymakers even capable of logical thinking.

bruceflinch
03-10-2009, 8:46 PM
It is interesting that arming local population in order to curtail violence seem to work even in such adverse conditions like Iraq.
However, here in CA CCW still remain highly controversial subject. I wonder if our policymakers even capable of logical thinking.

No way! They are a 3rd world Country & we are the USA! Our Politicians, Logical? :eek:

KWA-S
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
We could buy an M-16 and a 1911 for every home in America and still have half of the stimulus bill money left.

As well as ammo and training, I'm sure.

PatriotnMore
03-11-2009, 12:11 AM

You know, I am a real cynic on this issue, and you could even tell me my tin foil is too tight but, I keep asking myself, WHY does government want us dis-armed?

WHY is dis-armament pursued in fact of "Not Be Infringed", do our elected officials who swear an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution continue to erode and make null and void the decrees this nation was founded on?

Too much was written and warned by our forefathers on this subject, to come up with anything but no good, from those who cry for your submission and demand you lay down your most important tool for defense.

I will NEVER buy their arguments, nor bend to their will.

Maverick831
03-11-2009, 12:15 AM
You know, I am a real cynic on this issue, and you could even tell me my tin foil is too tight but, I keep asking myself, WHY does government want us dis-armed?

WHY is dis-armament pursued in fact of "Not Be Infringed", do our elected officials who swear an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution continue to erode and make null and void the decrees this nation was founded on?

Too much was written and warned by our forefathers on this subject, to come up with anything but no good, from those who cry for your submission and demand you lay down your most important tool for defense.

I will NEVER buy their arguments, nor bend to their will.

+1 :thumbsup:

NEVER bend to their will.

Nodda Duma
03-11-2009, 7:50 AM

I'd be willing to be that their *real* thinking is that doing so is ok for savages and barbarians, but in a civilized country there is no need for guns.

-Jason

hkuspc40
03-11-2009, 8:47 AM
We all know how the general public is going to respond/react to the recent shootings in Alabama and Germany. CA politicians feed on this frenzy, and continue to suppress the idea/rights of armed law-abiding citizens.

I think we need to alter the general public's way of thinking......changing their view on handguns as being dangerous or the source of the problem, to it being an defensive option/alternative for consideration in hostile life/death confrontations.

Methods of doing so can be in the form of advertisements, billboards, radio commercials, TV commercials, etc. U know as well as I do that there're some great gun friendly slogans in various gun forums that advocate the right to carry for self-defense. Yes, this will all take some monetary contribution on our end, but that's another topic and work item to be discussed.

I think the message should be that in a life/death situation, its better to have options to take control of the situation/defend yourself because the police cannot always be there immediately when u need them most. CAians are too comfortable with the false notion that law enforcement officials and laws are all that's needed to keep the bad guys in line. We no longer live in a time when one can sleep comfortably with their front doors unlocked. Times have changed.

If we can change the perception of the public, then the goal of passing gun-friendly assembly bills, can be realized as they will vote in favor of such bills. Politicians will then realize this is what CA wants, and hopefully vote accordingly.

My $.02 cents.