PDA

View Full Version : Well... New Guy...

Tragic Image
02-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Well, on all the other boards I frequent I always harass the new people for not introducing themselves (or reading the FAQ's or Searching)... so here goes.

My name is Nick, and I live in Palmdale. I work for what I consider the best Aerospace company, and I couldn't be happier. I'm a total company man and love my job. Besides if I hated it, my work week would be one hell of a long drawn out headache.

While I'm new to this board, but not entirely new to shooting. I've only been shooting for the past 5 years, but have had some excellent mentors along the way.

I started off with a Remington 870 Express bought from a Wal Mart in New Mexico, and added on the S&W Sigma Series .40 to my collection. Not the best gun in the world, but gave me my first few experiences in shooting.

When I moved to California I ditched all my firearms in favor of the cash I needed. Not the best move ever, but I broke even on what I had paid for both the guns, so I couldn't complain.

Now I own a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm that I'm in love with. I bought it from what many people describe as "An Angry, Stumpy, ******* Midget (since he was the only person that had it in stock and didn't try to sell me a .45 when I said I wanted a 9). Alot of people don't like it, but I've never had a single problem. It fits my hand, as well as the Girlfriend's since it has the interchangeable back strap.

I'm looking to start a build on my first OLL chambered in .223. I've been fastidiously searching forums trying to gather all the information I can. You guys are an absolute wealth of knowledge and I greatly appreciate that you all are here helping the noobs.

But, like I said, I'm getting ready to build up an OLL and I'm in no hurry. I plan on waiting for the parts I want to present themselves. I don't plan on sacrificing any aspects of my plan due to lack of components of financial restraints. I've found that if you have your mind set on something and you compromise you'll regret it later.

Oh yea, I'm alittle long winded.

eijjie33
02-22-2009, 11:59 PM
well first of all welcome.and just like what you said about taking your time in building your first OLL ar i completely agree with you.good luck on your build.

jksupplyco
02-23-2009, 8:26 AM
Welcome to the forums, and you'll find just about everything you're looking for here! Congrats on the M&P 9mm.. Great gun!

Turbinator
02-23-2009, 8:38 AM
Welcome aboard to Calguns!

Turby

Tragic Image
02-23-2009, 9:07 AM
Hey All,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Crossboi
02-24-2009, 7:24 AM
I'd like to introduce myself as well.

My name is Rich. I'm from Vallejo, CA.

I have a Sig 220 and a H&K USP 40. I am picking up my first OLL tomorrow and intend on building my own AR.

Sorry, I'm not very long winded.

.50AE-for-sale-or-trade
02-24-2009, 4:52 PM
Hello,

I'm new to calguns and am not real familiar with blogging... I have a .50AE up for sale or trade and am wondering what the best way to tell everyone would be?? How would I start a new thread, or is that even possible? Thanks for the patience!

sorensen440
02-24-2009, 6:15 PM
Hello,

I'm new to calguns and am not real familiar with blogging... I have a .50AE up for sale or trade and am wondering what the best way to tell everyone would be?? How would I start a new thread, or is that even possible? Thanks for the patience!
Welcome !

You can start a thread in the private firearms sales section but be sure to read and understand the rules prior to doing so
the rules should be posted at the top of the private firearms section

USN CHIEF
02-25-2009, 2:23 PM
Hello,

LOL... I think that your Handle name will let everyone know what you have for sale. LOL. Welcome to cal guns. LOL. hahahahahhaahahahahha

Tweak338
02-25-2009, 2:59 PM
LOL... I think that your Handle name will let everyone know what you have for sale. LOL. Welcome to cal guns. LOL. hahahahahhaahahahahha

+1
Welcome to the Forums!

trapshot68
02-25-2009, 3:09 PM
I bought it from what many people describe as "An Angry, Stumpy, ******* Midget

Funny, that man on the corner popped in my head when you wrote that, and then I double checked the beginning and it said Palmdale.... :)

Tragic Image
02-27-2009, 1:51 AM
yea, but I was just happy he had what I wanted, and didn't get raped on the price too badly.