PDA

View Full Version : Mommy Approved Handgun Roster Mini Rant

Midian
02-22-2009, 7:42 AM
The recently removed list is god damned depressing.

You can't even buy a Colt Combat Elite. A bloody 1911.

You can't even buy a cheapass Taurus PT1911.

Or a Sig 220 Match.

God almighty. It's almost like some manufacturers just don't even want to deal with us. Who is lobbying them to make sure they can sell their firearms in the MOST POPULATED STATE IN THE UNION?

Good thing the NRA's on top of it. *crickets*

Kestryll
02-22-2009, 7:52 AM

I'll let others clue you in on details but you might want to look in to things a bit more before making such an erroneous statement.

Bruce
02-22-2009, 7:54 AM
Maybe those companies would like us to do more than just whine about "the list". Afterall, why should they have to kowtow to Kalifornia?

H Paul Payne
02-22-2009, 11:06 AM

That's real cute. You learn something that you don't like and you point your sarcasm at the NRA. Like that makes a lot of sense?!? :confused:

Based upon this situation, I will make a special effort just to assist and educate YOU.

It's time for YOU to PUT-UP or PUT-UP! Yep. Shut-up is not a reasonable option for this discussion. YOU want things to happen! YOU want answers! G R E A T ! ! ! !

I have just the thing for you. I, personally, will help YOU become involved with the NRA. And we will do it right in YOUR community. That's right, the NRA is coming to YOU!

Here's what we will do:

After you contact me with your membership information, I will verify that you are an NRA member. Other than simple membership dues, I will not ask you for any money. I only want your time and honest efforts.
You can sign-up with the NRA Members' Councils of California by completing the on-line form at http://www.calnra.com/volunteer/ . It's FREE!
After you do that, send me an email to nrausmc@earthlink.net and let me know that you have signed-up.
I will personally contact you and we will setup a convenient time and place so that we can meet. I will explain how YOU can become involved with the fight to restore, protect, and defend our Second Amendment freedoms here in California - right from YOUR own community.

So, in conclusion, YOU are being invited to be part of the team that is active in fighting for our Second Amendment freedoms. I urge YOU not to let us down. That would be "******** depressing."

I'll assist YOU in whatever way I can, because I know that YOU don't like *crickets* and neither do I.

Paul

mike_schwartz@mail.com
02-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Nicely put, Paul!

Midian, get involved and take Paul up on his offer. You will be surprised at what a real difference one motivated person can make. And it only takes a little more effort that posting snide comments about the NRA online.

In fact, everyone reading this..get out and do something. Talk to local officials, write letters, make phone calls, meet with your representatives, show up at meetings, and most of all...JOIN THE NRA.

-Michael

wilit
02-22-2009, 11:27 AM
You can sign-up with the NRA Members' Councils of California by completing the on-line form at http://www.calnra.com/volunteer/ . It's FREE!

Good to know. Just completed my form. Thanks!

H Paul Payne
02-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Good to know. Just completed my form. Thanks!

And it didn't hurt at all. Did it? :D

Thanks for being part of the team. I just checked the files and see you are in the NRA Members' Council of Alameda County (http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/cgi-bin/haasmcshowwebpage.cgi?mc=alameda) area. You will really like those folks. They are highly motivated and do a lot of good stuff. And that's impressive, considering their location and their local political representatives.

Welcome!!

Paul

Midian
02-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Well that ruffled some biscuits. Must have touched a nerve.

To be honest, I am looking for an organization to join to be part of the effort.

That list of removed handguns really steamed my clams.

But, yeah, sounds like a good offer. I dread to think what response would have been garnered had I truly insulted the hegemony.

DDT
02-22-2009, 1:13 PM
To be honest, I am looking for an organization to join to be part of the effort.

Back when I was a kid we'd always needle someone doing nothing by asking if they were waiting for an engraved invitation.

Looks like you got yours. Taking him up on it?

Barbarossa
02-22-2009, 1:56 PM
NeRF

H Paul Payne
02-22-2009, 2:08 PM
Back when I was a kid we'd always needle someone doing nothing by asking if they were waiting for an engraved invitation.

Looks like you got yours. Taking him up on it?

Yes he has. And that kind of immediate response impresses me.

In recent days and weeks, I have received contacts from several people in Ventura County and many of them seem interested in forming a Members' Council in that area. That sounds good to me.

Let's do it!

If anyone else from Ventura County wants to get involved, fill-out the form at http://www.calnra.com/volunteer/ then send me an email telling me that you want to help protect our Second Amendment freedoms and become part of the NRA Members' Council. I will call you back.

Freedom is NEVER Free!

Paul

trashman
02-22-2009, 2:12 PM

I know, right! - nothing like having your own hard work pooped on by an anonymous keyboard commando to tick you off...oh wait, think I got that backwards. :p

That list of removed handguns really steamed my clams.
Yeah, me too. I just discovered Detonics two remaining guns expired off the list.

But keeping a gun on the list isn't the State's problem, it's the MANUFACTURER'S problem. All they have to do is pay the renewal fees. Colt has been especially bad at this. Have you called to let them know how you feel about it?

I dread to think what response would have been garnered had I truly insulted the hegemony.I think maybe you just totally underestimated the amount of work and coordination that goes on here.

--Neill

DDT
02-22-2009, 2:45 PM
Neill,

Midian acknowledged (indirectly) that it is quite possible that the NRA is, in fact, doing something and has volunteered to help in the "work and coordination." Let's not crap on a new friend.

Quiet
02-22-2009, 4:11 PM
I tend to tell people to direct any ranting about the CA DOJ approved list to any member of SASS, since they sold the rest of us down the river once they got their single-action revolver exemption.

bwiese
02-22-2009, 4:15 PM
I tend to tell people to direct any ranting about the CA DOJ approved list to any member of SASS, since they sold the rest of us down the river once they got their single-action revolver exemption.

Yup, SASS (and its lobbyist, turncoat Robert Ricker) and CAFR really helped screw the pooch.

The vote passed by only one or two fencesitters and if they'd seem 100% gunnie opposition (i.e, NRA + CAFR + SASS + CRPA + GOC) it would not have passed.

ke6guj
02-22-2009, 4:20 PM
And didn't the CAFR get rid of an proposed bill that any handgun on the roster was rostered forever, unless it was later retested to be unsafe? Looked like they felt that it was better for their association that the roster was routinely purged of discontinued firearms, so that sales of new handguns would be protected.

colossians323
02-22-2009, 5:39 PM
NeRF

What did you say?

I couldn't hear you!

badreligion
02-22-2009, 7:02 PM
Just sent in my info for the MRA Members Council

H Paul Payne
02-22-2009, 7:16 PM
Just sent in my info for the MRA Members Council

G R E A T ! ! !

Another one from Ventura County. This is getting good.

Paul

Trader Jack
02-22-2009, 9:19 PM
NeRF

Yes NERF. Just two more weeks. Wait a minute maybe it is just two more months. You beter check with B.W. it could be just two more years. Then again it could be a W-- Dream:sleeping:

7x57
02-22-2009, 9:58 PM

To be precise, it sounds like you touched Paul's "they whine and complain but I can't actually get them to actually help do anything" nerve. I fear it gets tweaked far too frequently.

But, yeah, sounds like a good offer.

Hey, *I* didn't get personal treatment! I just signed up on the website. Now I don't feel *special* anymore. :p

I dread to think what response would have been garnered had I truly insulted the hegemony.

Your account would have been deleted. Every post you ever made would disappear, as would quotes in other people's posts. It would be like you never were on calguns. Then as you stared at the screen wondering what happened, the lights would flicker and dim, and you would get an almost subliminal image of the computer screen suddenly displaying "Kilroy Was Here" before the power went out completely. When you picked up the phone, it would be dead. Then there would be a knock on the door....

No one knows that Paul has this much power but me, and now that I've told you I must kill you. But because I am compassionate and merciful, I will instead sell you to the Brady Campaign to use as a test subject in their "gun deprogramming" experiments.

:TFH:

7x57

gotgunz
02-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I didn't know that the Taurus PT1911 was ever on the list.... ?

trashman
02-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Neill,

Midian acknowledged (indirectly) that it is quite possible that the NRA is, in fact, doing something and has volunteered to help in the "work and coordination." Let's not crap on a new friend.

Fair enough...

--Neill