PDA

View Full Version : She Likes a big Boom. (Effects of different calibers)

586L-Frame
02-22-2009, 1:55 AM
I found this on YouTube and thought it might be
informative on the sound and recoil of .22 caliber to 44 magnum
caliber pistols you may be shopping for.

586L-Frame

She Likes A Big Boom!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWO-EzoIbSs&feature=channel

x

movie zombie
02-22-2009, 10:06 PM
bought a .45acp yesterday.......!

mz

586L-Frame
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi Mz,
That's great!
What .45 did you end up with, to fit your requirements
and needs.

Enjoy your .45acp.
Best regards,
586L-Frame

sorensen440
02-22-2009, 10:43 PM
LOL I like the Don Kilmer add that came up while I was watching it

movie zombie
02-23-2009, 6:19 PM
i bought CenterX's Colt Officer Mark IV Series 80....... it really fit my hand and it felt like 'the one'. it was the first .45acp i ever fired!

CenterX brought a kimber and a kahr for me to try out as well. the kimber felt big in my hand for firing and the kahr attacked me! shells ejected onto my head and into my forehead resulting in an actual small cut in said forehead. nothing major and nothing to worry about but i didn't like the trigger pull on it and the clincher was being attacked by ejecting shells.

my hand didn't hurt afterwards or the next day either so i think i've made a good decision. and my accuracy wasn't too bad for a first shoot....or so i thought. my worst fear is that i'll get bitten by the bug and have to have another .45acp!

and of course i'm still lusting after a smith 3913/3914/3953 9mm.......

i took my smith model 66-1 revolver with me to try out some hogue grips but was only shooting .38's out of it: wow, the difference in the hole in the target between the .38 and the .45acp was definitely impressive....at least to me!.

guess i should post news of my purchase in the thread i started........

mz

ps gotta say that i will not now be intimated by the big boom of other shooters when i go to the range! the .38/.357 boom just isn't as impressive as that .45acp!