PDA

View Full Version : CG Newbie from the Bay Area

ro442173
02-21-2009, 2:57 PM
Hi, my name's Ro. I'm an Army OIF vet and a supporter of the 2A. Bought my first pistol after Heller v. D.C. and was pulled into the gun politics immediately after. I feel like a light bulb went off inside of me since I had never really looked at the gun issue...Average Californian here...that is until I became a husband and father. I understand the importance of the 2A, as those of you out there, but it baffles me how these anti's just don't get it... kinda reminds me of Plato's Allegory of the Cave. Anyways, I'm glad there's a site out here for us like-minded gun folks.

NRA member (EPL working towards life)
after that I plan on joining the GOA.

BTW, you guys know about the gun podcasts? Lots of gun related info there...Download iTunes, go to iTunes store, then type in gun... it's all free! I love listening to Tom Gresham's GunTalk and the Urban Shooter Podcast... please check them out if you haven't done so.

Also, I'm just wondering if any of you have heard of this 2A march on the spring of 2010...My wife and I will be there, so I hope you too will decide to show your support...Time to stop complaining about the anti's and let them know what you think. Let's show our strength in numbers.

Sorry for the long intro. Thanks for reading. Good day!:)

JDoe
02-21-2009, 6:45 PM
Hey welcome to Calguns Ro. My "light bulb" experience came last year while researching self defense/home defense options. When seconds count... :D

JJ1911
02-21-2009, 7:52 PM
Always good to see more people from the Bay Area on Calguns!

eijjie33
02-21-2009, 9:58 PM
welcome

ro442173
02-22-2009, 7:42 AM
I think most people would actually be on the side of the law-abiding gun owner, it's just that they haven't really given it much thought, atleast I didn't 'til I became one. I think most people (non-gun owners that is) only know of guns from what they see on the news...thugs and criminals.

What we need to do is show the public that there is a difference between us and the criminal element. We need to convince people that it is not us (people who pass background checks) that they have to worry about and that they should actually embrace us since we are a threat to criminals (we keep them on their toes).

I think this 2A march is a very good idea. I think this would get people thinking about the issue...and hopefully, just hopefully, they can see outside the media hype (which is our biggest enemy).

So please, I'm begging everybody out there to join this march. Bring your spouse, kids, and friends... If nothing else then atlest we can make these liberal anti's shake where they stand!

ro442173
02-22-2009, 7:48 AM
Hey eijjie33,

Just saw your vid. Are you Pinoy?

sorensen440
02-22-2009, 7:49 AM
Welcome Ro
There are quite a few of us in the bay area

Blue
02-22-2009, 7:51 AM
Welcome Ro
There are quite a few of us in the bay area

The REAL bay area too instead of that fake wanna be one down south :thumbsup:

Turbinator
02-22-2009, 9:01 AM
The REAL bay area too instead of that fake wanna be one down south :thumbsup:

Hah hah! No kidding, I see references in other areas to "the bay area" but there is only one - :)

Turby