PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on

MILLITIAof1
02-21-2009, 10:12 AM
2 different guns I am looking to buy...

It will be a general purpose gun which includes a little range shooting, tons of desert shooting, and lots of carry(open and concealed).
I am not terribly concerned about accuracy since both are better shooters than me. I am concerned about durability and reliability, so what are your thoughts?

Greg-Dawg
02-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Two Deagles one in .44 mag and the other in .50AE.

gunrun45
02-21-2009, 10:22 AM
For general range use and open carry, try something more around the lines of the Springfield XD, Ruger P95, Ruper P89 or Glock persuasion. How do you feel about revolvers. They are much more versitile overall regarding ammo selection for more of a "one gun do-all" type approach (Ruger GP100 357 can shoot low end 38 wad cutters for punching paper up to 357mag for hunting or SD applications.) Just IMO. Most others here will champion a 1911 or a Glock I'm guessing just by the general fevor of this board these days...

MILLITIAof1
02-21-2009, 10:31 AM
For general range use and open carry, try something more around the lines of the Springfield XD, Ruger P95, Ruper P89 or Glock persuasion. How do you feel about revolvers. They are much more versitile overall regarding ammo selection for more of a "one gun do-all" type approach (Ruger GP100 357 can shoot low end 38 wad cutters for punching paper up to 357mag for hunting or SD applications.) Just IMO. Most others here will champion a 1911 or a Glock I'm guessing just by the general fevor of this board these days...

I have have a xd and a few wheel guns... just need a little change, and I'm trying to decide between the 2 I listed.

DNA
02-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I've got a Taurus PT99 (adjustable sight version of PT92) and it suits me fine. Accurate, easy to clean and reliable. If you have prebans, then that makes the decision easy as the sigpro 2022 was introducted in... 2002, although I hear they're pretty good guns too.

Why not rent at the range and see which you like better? What's your price range? Maybe a CZ75 is off on the horizon? :D

Dan

MILLITIAof1
02-21-2009, 11:04 AM
I've got a Taurus PT99 (adjustable sight version of PT92) and it suits me fine. Accurate, easy to clean and reliable. If you have prebans, then that makes the decision easy as the sigpro 2022 was introducted in... 2002, although I hear they're pretty good guns too.

Why not rent at the range and see which you like better? What's your price range? Maybe a CZ75 is off on the horizon? :D

Dan

I really dont care for the the CZ's, I dont have to worry about normal capicity mags or prebans because 95% of my shooting is out of state:D

JTROKS
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't consider the Taurus 92 for CCW, maybe open carry. I had a Taurus 92 for a long time, although it was a reliable gun the accuracy was not to my liking. Maybe I had one that was on the loose side. I think the Sig will be a better CCW due to it's size.

Corbin Dallas
02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
2 different guns I am looking to buy...

It will be a general purpose gun which includes a little range shooting, tons of desert shooting, and lots of carry(open and concealed).
I am not terribly concerned about accuracy since both are better shooters than me. I am concerned about durability and reliability, so what are your thoughts?

Some thoughts on your purchase.

Make a list of what you require from the weapon and how much you are willing to spend.

Next go handle each and every one on the list to further determine if the weapon is a good fit.

Then go rent the ones you have narrowed down. Put at least 200 rounds through each one. This process will help you determine if the fit actually works for your style. Things to consider - Grip angle (comfort), natural point of aim (close eyes, imagine target and point at it. If correct, you'll be very close to bullseye without looking) and finally do you like it? Does it hurt every time you pull the trigger, is the weapon jumping around in your hand? Do you have to re-adjust your grip after a few shots???

These are a few of the many things to consider.

GL on whatever you decide to purchase.

Black Majik
02-21-2009, 11:43 AM
SIG PROs are really underrated and fantastic guns. Being a polymer gun would make it quite a nice carry pistol.