PDA

View Full Version : My Penny Saver score.

Blademan21
02-20-2009, 6:50 AM
Yesterday while I was having a little breakfeast and going over the Penny Saver there was a garage sale add that caught my attention. Listed was the regular garage sale stuff,clothes,shoes,hats,AND some reloading stuff. It stated at 10am,I was there at 9am. Bought about 600 pieces of 45acp brass for $15.00. The guy had a Dillon 550 with tons of dies and Dillon components. He wanted $1000.00 for the Dillon. That was out of my price range,and besides I had a Hornady L-N-L at home. He then said that he had a single stage RCBS press, long story short,I scored a Rock Chucker for $40.00!! Just as I was looking for a back up press. It pays to read the Penny Saver.

kato4moto
02-20-2009, 8:22 AM
A garage sale on a Thursday? What city? Was he willing to sell the Dillon stuff separately?

Blademan21
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
A garage sale on a Thursday? What city? Was he willing to sell the Dillon stuff separately?

Yes on a Thursday. City of Banning. No,he was not willing to break up the Dillon. I tried get a set of .45ACP dies,but they were set up on a toolhead. He must have had a dozen different toolheads. He said he sold his collection of guns through a gunshop in Riverside:(.Wish I had known that.