View Full Version : What do I need to do with this?

02-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Ive been asked if I were interested in a job were I would transport cash and other valubles within California and possible to Nevada and Arizona. Its all legit. No drugs or anything. I will be required to have a ccw permit and work as a private contractor. I live in Kern county. Do I need any additional licences I.E. business licence, or anything else? Its so hard to figure out these California laws.

02-19-2009, 10:27 PM
You do not generally need a business license to work as a contract employee.

There are some tax and liability reasons that you may want to run this as a business though.

The fact that you will be CCW won't necessarily mean that you'll need a business license.

Mark in Eureka
02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
If you work for a Private Patrol Operator/Armoured Car Company, you will need a guard card and firearms qualfication card.

If not, you will need to become a Private Patrol Operator, and get a firearms qualification card.

02-20-2009, 6:01 AM
Other states may not honor the Kern CCW so be sure to get one like the Utah CCW that is accepted. More info here http://www.calccw.com/Forums/

Don't forget to check your auto insurance if you'll be driving for business and maybe get some liability insurance or set up a limited liability corporation to insulate your personal assets if something goes wrong. (I'm not a lawyer.)

Watch the "Transporter" movies :thumbsup:

02-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Watch the "Transporter" movies :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAH...that will help fer sure!

If you can get a CCW, you should do so. But remember, properly research it and do it right the first time, because my understanding is that you only get one shot for a CA permit...in other words, if you get denied because you do not have a "good cause" etc, it makes it harder in teh future getting past a denied stamp in your DOJ jacket.

You should contact the proper Calgunners who are familiar with the CCW stuff for Ca BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APP.

The other, probably more easily obtained method is to work for a PPO or a PI and with a guard and gun card, you can carry an exposed firearm only. You have to be in some type of uniform...which the minimum requirement for that is it has to have 2 patches and a badge...and the patches have to say "private security" on them as well as the name....

I am a Private patrol operator myself and if you want that lic, you need to take a test with the state and prove you have a 2000 hours of experience doing security. The test is not too bad if you know what to study....

But this way kinda sucks if you trying to be low profile...

02-22-2009, 1:18 PM
Since you are a US citizen and are free to do what you wish, ignore all of the state and federal laws and requirements. Also, and this is doubly important, hire m_freeman as your lawyer.

02-22-2009, 2:26 PM
As Kermit said check your auto ins..If it says "Pleasure Driving" on your policy they will not cover you or your vehicle if you use it for business /work . I learned this the hard way.

02-22-2009, 4:58 PM
I speak truth they are criminals violating your rights, however, we live in a Fascist oligarchy so if you don't want to go to jail you must do what the criminals tell you to do.

Yes I agree. Also it really erks me that there was no outcry when that bigot made the comment in you sig.

02-22-2009, 5:06 PM
as a citizen of the U.S. you are free to do as you wish and all these regulations and agencies telling you need this and that are criminals violating your right to pursue commerce.
Most of the people in our prisons are also citizens of the U.S. This is an easy way to join those fellow citizens.

02-22-2009, 5:08 PM
As an independent contractor you'll have to pay your own taxes.... the employer won't withhold for you. Shouldn't need a business license.

Not sure about needing a PPO, guard card or security firearms card. That stuff is all about exposed firearm and wearing a uniform. Since you are required to get a CCW that presumes a plainclothes assignment. The quesitons I'd ask of the employer is "what kind of licensing do you have".

02-22-2009, 5:23 PM
Don't forget insurance/

Got Stuff?
02-22-2009, 8:17 PM
I'm curious as well. I was wondering if I could get into something like this too.