PDA

View Full Version : FUD and Winning the Idealogical Battle for our Constitutional Rights

Geodetic
02-19-2009, 11:20 PM
FUD is defined as "Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt".

I see many threads on here accused of being FUD. Since we all have brains lets use them for a second. The antis spread FUD about "assault weapons". They do such things as show footage of machine guns firing when talking about the need for an assault weapons ban. FUD is propaganda. FUD is a powerful tool. While FUD is a low form of influencing the people, it is very effective. Fear, uncertainty and doubt is what is driving the run on guns and ammo at our stores right now. FUD can be a useful tool. Do not disregard FUD all together. FUD has been an effective tool in the past to win over a populace. Do not discount the power of FUD! But do not let FUD rule your thinking! :thumbsup:

Think about this.

sorensen440
02-19-2009, 11:21 PM
This is fud

aileron
02-20-2009, 6:18 AM
If your going to use FUD, you use it on your anti's. (Use your brain to figure out how to create PRO-GUN FUD for the anti's, that could be fun. :), if this is what your suggesting fine... I'm all ears.)

Otherwise put another way "unlike government we don't grow weeds so we can pull them." :p

The majority of people here want to know what is going on and why its going on. Not run around in a panic over nothing.

Lots of wasted money and effort could result from spreading FUD and then fighting its ghosts instead of dispelling it.

Geodetic
02-20-2009, 7:03 AM
What I'm driving at is there are two kinds of FUD, false and genuine. The future itself is uncertain, and with the current political climate a certain degree of fear is warranted. I think this has been a big motivator in getting some action going against the antis. While not necessarily productive to those of us already aware, these redundant posts about HR 45 etc show that somebody just woke up. Acting on fear alone is not going to solve anything though.

Kid Stanislaus
02-20-2009, 8:56 PM
Oh that FUD,
It's so much CRUD,
Like gooy MUD,
I'm such a DUD,
I wanna be a STUD,
But I'm shaped like a SPUD,
This ends with a THUD.

AngelDecoys
02-20-2009, 9:01 PM
While not necessarily productive to those of us already aware, these redundant posts about HR 45 etc show that somebody just woke up. Acting on fear alone is not going to solve anything though.

There's already a sticky on HR45 (and other issues) posted.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=149441

The sticky is for precisely the reasons you're stating.