PDA

View Full Version : Overthrow California

radioman
02-19-2009, 4:00 PM
It is time for us to take back our government , and I have a plan to do this a grassroots plan what I propose Is to put on the ballot a proposition That the state of California cannot make laws That are not more stringent then federal law. We would not sell this as anti gun control instead we would sell the idea That the state of California is wasting billions of dollars with needless regulations, and that we as consumers could save millions of dollars in fuel costs and also the proposition would keep the state of California from destroying the trucking industry. It would take volunteers to gather signatures And the help of someone who knows how the initiative System Works , if this did work it would put an end to the California gun list if Federal law allows a 20 round clip Then California would also have to allow a 20 round clip. Let's kick us around and see if we could make it work , maybe I'm off my nut here but I would like to hear what you the members of calguns think.

CCWFacts
02-19-2009, 4:03 PM
This idea gets proposed here once a week. It's a bad idea. It has even been tried a few times and it failed miserably. To say it failed miserably may even be giving it too much credit.

AlexBreya
02-19-2009, 4:06 PM
i have actually never even thought about devising a plan to stop antigun people. and signatures! how have we not thought of this before?

kar6man
02-19-2009, 5:40 PM
I love the idea. I just don't think it's going to work.

KWA-S
02-19-2009, 6:51 PM
I'm not liking it much. While it would help gun control in Cali, it would push all laws to the federal level, which would give the feds a LOT of legislative control. Legislative control that can easily be abused.

Also, 10th amendments going to come up somewhere, it already is.

Cypriss32
02-19-2009, 6:53 PM
It will work if we can get support. I hear daily people I know DEMS and Repubs are fed up with big government and pot belly spending on BS. It needs to come to a stop. Things NEED TO CHANGE, its bigger then just firearms now......

gunsmith
02-19-2009, 6:54 PM
oooh, I get to say "magazine" before someone else does.
A "clip" holds paper together or is in long hair, unless you mean "stripper clip"

Satex
02-19-2009, 7:04 PM
I propose Is to put on the ballot a proposition That the state of California cannot make laws That are not more stringent then federal law.

Bad idea, it does away with our sovereignty.

Glock22Fan
02-19-2009, 7:21 PM
I propose Is to put on the ballot a proposition That the state of California cannot make laws That are not more stringent then federal law.

There's not a lot of point in making laws less stringent than federal law, is there?

Still, I guess we could save some politicans' salaries.

Decoligny
02-19-2009, 8:27 PM
oooh, I get to say "magazine" before someone else does.
A "clip" holds paper together or is in long hair, unless you mean "stripper clip"

Which are used to hold hair in certain gentlemen's entertainment establishments. :D

Fjold
02-19-2009, 8:38 PM
It is time for us to take back our government , and I have a plan to do this a grassroots plan what I propose Is to put on the ballot a proposition That the state of California cannot make laws That are not more stringent then federal law. We would not sell this as anti gun control instead we would sell the idea That the state of California is wasting billions of dollars with needless regulations, and that we as consumers could save millions of dollars in fuel costs and also the proposition would keep the state of California from destroying the trucking industry. It would take volunteers to gather signatures And the help of someone who knows how the initiative System Works , if this did work it would put an end to the California gun list if Federal law allows a 20 round clip Then California would also have to allow a 20 round clip. Let's kick us around and see if we could make it work , maybe I'm off my nut here but I would like to hear what you the members of calguns think.

Do you even know what you are proposing? What the highlighted statement says is that California would have to make all laws stricter than the federal laws.

How can anyone take anything that you are proposing seriously?

bwiese
02-19-2009, 8:39 PM
How can anyone take anything that you are proposing seriously?

Frank,

Relax. Nobody is :)

Futurecollector
02-19-2009, 8:44 PM
Frank,

Relax. Nobody is :)

ahahah your comment made me laugh, but on another note.
Nothing will ever get done with a bill, or law or any type of legislation. The 9th circus court of appels will throw it out just like they will do with Prop 8. It dosent matter what you think the goverment knows best, seesh, dont you realize that they are just keeping us safe! :thumbsup:
until then ill be loading "Striper Clips" and waiting :TFH:

1859sharps
02-19-2009, 8:48 PM
I respectfully suggest people learn how our system is supposed to work, before you propose changes.

I understand frustrations are high, but lets think things though before we try and make/propose changes. The last thing we need is more laws.

Personally, I don't think new laws are the answer. Repealing laws is. Not just "gun" law either.

tgriffin
02-19-2009, 8:52 PM
I'd try conquering punctuation and grammar first.

Paladin
02-19-2009, 9:15 PM
It is time for us to take back our government , and I have a plan to do this a grassroots plan what I propose Is to put on the ballot a proposition . . . .Has it been 3 months already? :p :D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2030215#post2030215

Bob Ragen
02-19-2009, 9:35 PM
We have a system in place to make changes, it's called voting. If the majority of Californians would stop being so self centered and vote out the far left wing and right wing politicians things would change. Until then Boxer, Pelosi and all the others, Dems & Reps, will remain where they are and this state will continue to be regulated into the ground. The systems is not broken, the people are.

Bob Ragen
02-19-2009, 9:40 PM
Let me add that not only our state regulators but our federal regulators must also be removed from office, hence Pelosis name. We need a clean sweep of all the government officials who say they represent this state and the will of its people but have continuosly shown otherwise.

Rant over!

theshoer
02-19-2009, 9:59 PM
Like our Votes count.

Tier One Arms
02-19-2009, 9:59 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Swiss
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Gun control aside, I'm pretty damn proud of the strides the Golden State makes in relation to the rest of the nation. Even if it were feasible to enact such a law, I'd be very much against it.

Steve O
02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
First thing first!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/djseanpaul_album/magcliprp9.jpg

Librarian
02-20-2009, 2:32 AM
I finally found a good source for the process of initiatives in California.

Center for Governmental Studies (http://www.cgs.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=72); in the publication page linked here, read at least Chapter 4. Chapters 7 and 8 are also useful.

But the summary, disappointing as it may be, is brutally short: The era of the volunteer-run initiative is over in California... and has been since 1982, the last time a volunteer initiative made it to the ballot.

Further, it says
The median cost for qualifying an initiative ranged from slightly under $2 million to just
over $3 million from 2000 through 2006.

... the vast majority of the 39 campaigns for balloted initiatives between 2000 and 2006 spent more than $1 million on qualification, and 16 spent over $2 million.87

The fact that ballot access can be so reliably measured in terms of dollars rather than degree of public concern clearly runs counter to the original intent of the initiative process. ... Ballot qualification in California today is an enormous task requiring the application of expensive campaign technology, a large infusion of funds, and the employment of one or more professional companies from an ever-expanding initiative industry. Money, rather than breadth or intensity of popular support, has become the primary threshold for determining ballot qualification.