PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something? No STI on the roster?

timmyb21
02-18-2009, 2:01 PM
So I was thinking about sellingor trading my P220 for another 1911 as my wife fell in love with my MC Operator. I was looking at basic ones with a little more upgraded parts than you run of the mill GI gun. The STI Spartan looks like it would be tops of the mid-low priced 1911's. I checked the roster and...nothing. Not that I'm going to buy right now (job status won't allow it) but is STI on the list at all, possible under a different name? Is it going to be a NeRF gun for me? Thanks guys.

Miltiades
02-18-2009, 2:25 PM
About a year or two ago the owner of STI, located in Texas, said in a press release that STI wouldn't be selling guns in California any more, even to LEOs. He said he was protesting the CA gun law requiring safety testing. So there are no STIs on the list.

timmyb21
02-18-2009, 3:44 PM
Well, that sucks. The search continues...thanks for the info! :D

domokun
02-18-2009, 4:06 PM
Try looking at some Wilson Combat or Les Baer 1911s. :thumbsup:

Kruzr
02-18-2009, 4:09 PM
About a year or two ago the owner of STI, located in Texas, said in a press release that STI wouldn't be selling guns in California any more, even to LEOs. He said he was protesting the CA gun law requiring safety testing. So there are no STIs on the list.
Their first excuse was about 4 years ago when they used reason of potential liability against manufacturers if they sold in Calif. They just aren't interested in the money that California shooters spend and don't seem to realize they gave in to the gun grabbers. This is exactly what they would like all makers to do.

Kid Stanislaus
02-18-2009, 5:44 PM
Their first excuse was about 4 years ago when they used reason of potential liability against manufacturers if they sold in Calif. They just aren't interested in the money that California shooters spend and don't seem to realize they gave in to the gun grabbers. This is exactly what they would like all makers to do.

That's it in a nutshell.

eric90503
02-18-2009, 6:18 PM
What about these ones? There out of stock but just put some money down and wait.
http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=SV40PC