PDA

View Full Version : Refunds from Lan World... Keep your eye on them!

egslaw
02-18-2009, 7:29 AM
I cancelled my order from Lan World on 2/9/09. They said the refund should show up on my credit card balance in a couple days. Yesterday (8 days later) there was no credit to my card. I called up Lan World and they were very short with me. They said the refunds were being processed today...WHAT? 8 days later? This is after you told me the credit should appear in a couple days thus suggesting the refund would be done immediately.

Lan World is your friend when you are giving them money for products they don't have to deliver for months. But, in my recent experience, as soon as you cancel the order, you are a second class citizen.

FWIW - Be sure your Lan World credits are posting. I beleive they are just sitting on them.

hawk1
02-18-2009, 7:35 AM
Keep in mind LanWorld may have issued you refund but your credit card company may not show it for as much as 30 days.

BroncoBob
02-18-2009, 7:49 AM
I cancelled my order from Lan World on 2/9/09. They said the refund should show up on my credit card balance in a couple days. Yesterday (8 days later) there was no credit to my card. I called up Lan World and they were very short with me. They said the refunds were being processed today...WHAT? 8 days later? This is after you told me the credit should appear in a couple days thus suggesting the refund would be done immediately.

Lan World is your friend when you are giving them money for products they don't have to deliver for months. But, in my recent experience, as soon as you cancel the order, you are a second class citizen.

FWIW - Be sure your Lan World credits are posting. I beleive they are just sitting on them.

I have done business with Lanworld for several years now and have not had a problem. Lanworld is not going to run off with your money. Not everything is instant as we precieve.

abalone hunter
02-18-2009, 7:59 AM
lan world took several days when i ordered my stag for the charge to show up on my card. my gun will be here today

zman
02-18-2009, 8:12 AM
I bought an AR rifle from LanWorld in 2008 waaaaay before the Obama scare. It turns out I was overcharged for my purchase and contacted them for a CC refund. The refund process took more than a month and about 10 emails and 15 calls combined. If I wasn't "on top" of things, I believe I would have lost my money. That part of their business system is not fine tuned , I guess :p Everything was smooth besides that.

Would I buy from them again? Price permitting, heck YES! :)

Darklyte27
02-18-2009, 8:19 AM
They are good but not perfect..
I believe they dont have alot of people working there. Possibly just 2 people..
who knows..
Anyways, you have to imagine how its probably like getting a few hundred emails, wheres my order wheres my order?

Like when I had ordered some items, it took me a few emails, but actually found out that their supplier shipped to an old address. Plus there was bad weather which delayed UPS..

You have to take account for things that are out of their control..
Took me about a month for my items but it finally got to me.

indetrucks
02-18-2009, 8:24 AM
I ordered an upper back in 08
Card charged and upper showed up a week later.

Chris was good to deal with and I would buy from again.

BroncoBob
02-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Like I said before, I have been dealing with Chris since mid 07 and haven't had any negative issues. Like anything else regarding charges to our cc's you just have to kept an eye on your statements.

glockman19
02-18-2009, 1:22 PM
IN every transaction I have had with Lanworldinc.com Chris has been a pleasure to deal with. If he said he did it or will do it then consider it done.

As another poster noted. It may take a few days for your credit card company to post the credit.

G17GUY
02-18-2009, 3:23 PM
chris is great to deal with, maria does not return emails

jeffyboy
02-18-2009, 4:02 PM
I bought some items from them last year and was overcharged as well. I called and got it straightened out, or so I thought. I was suppose to get a charge back for the difference with a few days. After 2 weeks I called them again and the charge back was never processed on their end. They fixed it while I was in the phone with them and it appeared on the CC statement 3 days later. They are good people and very helpful. I would buy from them anytime...as long as the price is right

Codelphious
02-18-2009, 6:20 PM
lan world took several days when i ordered my stag for the charge to show up on my card. my gun will be here today

What day did you place your order? I'm still waiting for my Stag from Lan World

13 weeks and counting... :o

sb_pete
02-18-2009, 7:05 PM
huh. Chris was always great with me

ifishinxs
02-18-2009, 8:26 PM
What day did you place your order? I'm still waiting for my Stag from Lan World

13 weeks and counting... :o

I orderd my stag upper in November...Still waiting...

BroncoBob
02-18-2009, 8:58 PM
Stag has been stating 4 to 6 month lead times