PDA

View Full Version : rifle dispute

TACTICAL
02-17-2009, 3:12 PM
I'm disputing an issue with another member on this question.
If someone hands you a pistol gripped, flashhider, adj stock etc.etc. ar-15 style off list rifle with a bullet button installed and no magazine in the magwell would you be holding an assult rifle?
:7:

1337vending
02-17-2009, 3:14 PM
If someone hands you a pistol gripped, flashhider, adj stock etc.etc. ar-15 style off list rifle with a bullet button installed and no magazine in the magwell would you be holding an assult rifle?

Nope, attachable magazine != detachable magazine, in the definition of the law.

Matt C
02-17-2009, 3:15 PM

No. Magazine has to be DETACHABLE not ATTACHABLE. Of course it's a bad idea to have it that way since if a 11+ round magazine finds it's way in you do have an AW. But technically it's legal.

AlexBreya
02-17-2009, 3:15 PM
no, that would mean that the entire idea of mag locks wouldn't work...

DDT
02-17-2009, 3:16 PM
It depends on what is stamped on the side. :D

As others said BB properly installed means it isn't possible to install a detachable magazine per PC.

kdm
02-17-2009, 3:19 PM
That's tricky!!! Maybe we should ask Marilyn Vos Savant!

I'd say no. If it's an off-lister, I don't see a problem. No mag, no prob. I mean, that's what a bullet button can function as, right? Detachable mag with a tool?

Geez...30 seconds ago I was the first responder!!!

sorensen440
02-17-2009, 3:20 PM
as others have mentioned the answer to your question is no (unless its a listed receiver)

LOW2000
02-17-2009, 3:54 PM
No, it would only become an AW if someone inserted a mag greater than 10 rounds.

fun2none
02-17-2009, 3:59 PM

The other member is using a generic definition of "detachable magazine" that applies in the legal context of free states. In California, the legal definition of "detachable magazine" when discussing 12276.1 assault weapon features is prescribed in statute 5469(a) (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/chapter39.pdf).

SanSacto
02-17-2009, 4:01 PM
Nope.

hoffmang
02-17-2009, 4:42 PM
At no point in time does an off list AR with a bullet button have the capacity to accept a "detachable magazine" as that term is defined in the CCR.

-Gene