PDA

View Full Version : Brady Alert: Call the White House Today: Oppose Guns in Parks

Dont Tread on Me
02-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I guess we need to do the opposite. I'll call and ask The One to allow my evil blasters in parks.

--
Alert: Tell the White House to Oppose Guns in Parks
Dear FailureDrill,

The Obama White House needs to hear from you about allowing concealed, loaded guns in our national parks!

The White House has been focused on the economy and has not weighed in yet. They need to hear from you!

Please Call the White House ASAP at 202-456-1111
Ask President Obama to Have the Interior Department Oppose Guns in Parks
The Interior Department is defending a last-minute rule change enacted by the Bush Administration while it is internally reviewing the measure.

Recently, the Brady Campaign filed a lawsuit arguing that the Bush Administration violated several laws in issuing the rule.

The NRA then filed outrageous papers in federal court ... impugning Brady members and the Brady organization.

Because of our lawsuit, government documents came to light that showed the Bush Administration ignored clear warnings from senior Interior Department officials that its adopted rule change was in violation of federal law.

We believe it is bad policy and bad procedure! Allowing loaded concealed guns in our parks and wildlife refuges puts public safety at risk.

With your help, we will continue to fight the ruling and the NRA. Click here to give a generous contribution now.

SwissFluCase
02-17-2009, 1:09 PM
Called, but the line is closed for today. I will call tomorrow.

Oh, wait, I'm supposed to voice *opposition* to CCW in National Parks? Yeah, right! Suckers!

Regards,

SwissFluCase

AaronHorrocks
02-17-2009, 1:42 PM
CORRECTION: Allowing loaded concealed guns in our parks and wildlife refuges puts criminal's safety at risk.

I fixed it for you. :thumbsup: