PDA

View Full Version : No shooting on Tuesday in Nor Cal

draconianruler
02-17-2009, 12:39 AM
So I was planning to hit the range and sight in my new scope today (Tuesday) but all the ranges are closed. Circle S, Richmond Rod and Gun Club, and Chabot are all closed on Tuesdays. I guess Tuesdays are non shooting days :( Anyone know of a range close to the bay area that is open on Tuesdays for rifles?

tngay510
02-17-2009, 12:42 AM
davis st. in San Leandro. 100yd outdoors. only downside is that you need to use hollow points or soft tips since FMJs are not allowed.

chickenfried
02-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Livermore rod and gun club
Sunnyvale rod and gun club

TheBundo
02-17-2009, 1:13 AM
BLM land always open. Panoche is great, went Saturday. Free, rapid fire, whatever

WokMaster1
02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
The range in Concord (USI) is open & empty right now.

CABilly
02-17-2009, 10:44 AM
oops. nevermind

dilligaffrn
02-17-2009, 12:44 PM
The range in Concord (USI) is open & empty right now.

http://www.unitedsportsmen.com/

Hours of Operation

Rifle Pistol Range

Mon. & Wed. - Fri. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Sat. & Sun. 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Closed Tues.

Shotgun Ranges

Wed. & Thurs. 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Sat. & Sun. 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Closed Mon, Tues. & Fri.

Multi-purpose Range (Members Only)

On scheduled weekends

OrovilleTim
02-17-2009, 2:46 PM
Sounds more like you're talking "Bay Area", not "Nor Cal".

Spyder
02-17-2009, 8:47 PM
Ha. Was just going to say that. Sure doesn't sound like Northern California to me! The Oroville range is open every day, except for the third thursday of each month.

Further north than that, I couldn't tell ya besides one or two spots outside of Chico.

nemesis99
02-17-2009, 10:08 PM
davis st. in San Leandro. 100yd outdoors. only downside is that you need to use hollow points or soft tips since FMJs are not allowed.

Oops. I shoot FMJ there all the time and they don't seem to say anything.

WokMaster1
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.unitedsportsmen.com/

Hours of Operation

Rifle Pistol Range

Mon. & Wed. - Fri. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Sat. & Sun. 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Closed Tues.

Shotgun Ranges

Wed. & Thurs. 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Sat. & Sun. 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Closed Mon, Tues. & Fri.

Multi-purpose Range (Members Only)

On scheduled weekends

AAARGGHHH! I keep thinking that it's Monday today. Sorry!:o

NRAhighpowershooter
02-18-2009, 1:03 PM
Oops. I shoot FMJ there all the time and they don't seem to say anything.

they may not notice.. but if they catch you, you'll never shoot there again...(says so on their rules board as you walk in.)..

what2be
02-18-2009, 4:18 PM
So I was planning to hit the range and sight in my new scope today (Tuesday) but all the ranges are closed. Circle S, Richmond Rod and Gun Club, and Chabot are all closed on Tuesdays. I guess Tuesdays are non shooting days :( Anyone know of a range close to the bay area that is open on Tuesdays for rifles?

This may be off topic, but PLEASE, for the love of god, dont pretend the state line ends at the bay area. Actually, thats where it begins. Most of the people with any common sense realize that this is the only area of the state where you still have rights as a us citizen, where the leos wont confiscate your AR even when your in compliance. Where you can go to the range WITHOUT a bullet button and wont even get questioned. Where you dont have to worry about a drive by in your neighborhood, or gang wars, or if its a "safe day" to breathe the air.

Go look at a map, now find the center of california. Move your finger left and right, see? that is CENTRAL california. Now move your finger up the state. See?
That is NORTHERN california.

It really irks me when people refer to sacramento and the bay area as "northern california". Like we dont exist up here. pppppppppppffffft...

chickenfried
02-18-2009, 4:21 PM
:chillpill:

NRAhighpowershooter
02-18-2009, 4:56 PM
:chillpill:

:thumbsup:

on another note..HEY Daniel... when are you going to stop posting for a while and show up for a HP match??!?!??? :D

chickenfried
02-18-2009, 5:22 PM
As soon as I track down some Indian surplus to run through the m1a.

I really should get back to some matches, though..

NRAhighpowershooter
02-18-2009, 5:25 PM
As soon as I track down some Indian surplus to run through the m1a.

I really should get back to some matches, though..

Indian surplus???!!! :eek: