PDA

View Full Version : 10 Day Waiting Period/Cancel or Change Purchase?

BigStoke
02-16-2009, 8:51 PM
Does the law allow you to cancel a purchase during the 10 waiting period? How about change your purchase?

I recently bought a Steyr M-95 and have come to realize that I cannot easily find ammo for it. I am still in the 10 day waiting period and need to know what the law covers?

Any advice or prior experience with dealers and their policies would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

wash
02-16-2009, 9:02 PM
learn to reload...

and research.

BigStoke
02-16-2009, 9:12 PM
I have Googled that, but wasn't able to find anything addressing this specific issue. Reloading for me is too involved right now, I am in the USAF and hardly have time to shoot let alone reload. If you have served you will know what I am talking about.

Thanks for the in-depth comment though!

Anyone?

kermit
02-16-2009, 9:16 PM
Isn't that an 8 x 56R rifle like all the Mosin-Nagant? If so, ammo shouldn't be too hard to acquire.

You can ask your dealer about changing to another rifle, but I think that the DROS is for a rifle without listing type or serial number as compared to pistols where it is specific to the serial number and model.

DDT
02-16-2009, 9:17 PM
The waiting period is post-sale. You completed the sale on the day the waiting period started. Any adjustments to the sale are at the discretion of the dealer and MAY create a new waiting period.

BigStoke
02-16-2009, 9:28 PM
The waiting period is post-sale. You completed the sale on the day the waiting period started. Any adjustments to the sale are at the discretion of the dealer and MAY create a new waiting period.

Thanks!

Darn, that is what I was afraid of, any suggestions as to how I might persuade the seller to allow me to cancel or change the item? I know, I am probably stuck with it, but he did have a Mosin Nagant for sale which was a little more pricey. Maybe he will sell me that since I will be spending more.

Ahhh, this sucks. Anyone know where to get ammo for the M-95? I believe it is 8X56R and only surplus stores stock it?

PolishMike
02-16-2009, 9:39 PM
I have Googled that, but wasn't able to find anything addressing this specific issue. Reloading for me is too involved right now, I am in the USAF and hardly have time to shoot let alone reload. If you have served you will know what I am talking about.

Thanks for the in-depth comment though!

Anyone?

What do you do in the AF?

Blue
02-16-2009, 9:41 PM
Isn't that an 8 x 56R rifle like all the Mosin-Nagant? If so, ammo shouldn't be too hard to acquire.

Mosins are 7.62x54r

kermit
02-16-2009, 9:51 PM
Mosins are 7.62x54r

Dang, that's right, Blue. I should have remembered that they were called "three line" or 30 caliber rifles.

It looks like the Steyr ammo is actually more difficult to find online except for the Hornady stuff.

Hopefully the OP's seller can work out something with the M-N. Or is that ammo drying up also?

Blue
02-16-2009, 9:54 PM
Hopefully the OP's seller can work out something with the M-N. Or is that ammo drying up also?

It's just a long arm I wonder if he can just change his paper work up if he buy a different rifle.

sfpcservice
02-16-2009, 10:10 PM

The Air Force is full of a bunch of Dumb @sses!

:D

Jk

PolishMike
02-16-2009, 10:14 PM

Jk

no argument there ;)

BigStoke
02-16-2009, 10:29 PM

Electro-Environmental... but we all get farmed out for anything and everything. What are you gonna be doing?

DDT
02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
clearly from his handle here he plans on being an XO and polishing someone's bird. :D

BigStoke
02-16-2009, 10:38 PM
ouch... well if thats the case, I hope you don't have to come to Aircraft Maintenance... fly a plane, you will enjoy your tour alot more!

DDT
02-16-2009, 10:39 PM
ouch... well if thats the case, I hope you don't have to come to Aircraft Maintenance... fly a plane, you will enjoy your tour alot more!

I was only teasing him about his name. I don't have any idea what he'll be doing. Hopefully he'll chime in.

BigStoke
02-16-2009, 10:45 PM
well you still made me laugh! :D but seriously, the maintenance world is not glamorous at all. It is where the bulk of the work is done, 24/7 365. Many of the Lt's that I know are pretty good people and appreciate the time and effort that goes into maintaining an aircraft, but unlike finance and medical, we are an around-the-clock operation.

Honestly, I wish I was flying... but I still enjoy being a key part of the overall mission. Wow that was cheesy. :shrug:

DDT
02-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Honestly, I wish I was flying... but I still enjoy being a key part of the overall mission. Wow that was cheesy. :shrug:

Better to be cheesy than whiny.

Thanks for you service. Every man or woman who volunteers is an important part of keeping our nation free. You are appreciated.

BigStoke
02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Thx DDT, you sound like prior service with those remarks?

PolishMike
02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Electro-Environmental... but we all get farmed out for anything and everything. What are you gonna be doing?

I'm scheduled to start UPT Summer/Fall 2010. Don't know where yet all though it will probably be Texas. Laughlin or Sheppard.

DDT
02-17-2009, 1:11 AM
Thx DDT, you sound like prior service with those remarks?

Nope, just appreciative.

BigStoke
02-17-2009, 7:41 PM
well, I talked to him tonight and he is willing to switch for the mosin. I will have to pay the difference in price, like 15 bucks, but now I need to inspect the mosin.

what are peoples general take on mosins? they are cheap, and there looks to be plenty of ammo. But are there any particular things I should be careful of?

I will be heading over there in a few. Any quick replies would be greatly appreciated!

-Stoke

Blue
02-17-2009, 7:52 PM
Good deal!!! I've only had two Mosins and didn't have problems with either one of them so I don't really know what to look for. Order a bunch of ammo for it now too!

BigStoke
02-17-2009, 8:00 PM
thanx Blue

cribbage
02-17-2009, 8:10 PM
Mosin Nagants are great. They're full of interesting history, cheap to buy, and still cheap to shoot. The surplus ammo is still available for around $85 for 440 rounds. Just clean your rifle when you're done shooting with something containing ammonia, like Windex, and then clean and oil as you would normally. Alternatively, water can be used. The important thing is to dissolve and remove corrosive salt residue. Non-corrosive ammo can be had, but it's a lot more expensive.
Check out this website for more information...lots more:
http://7.62x54r.net/

Dr Rockso
02-17-2009, 8:39 PM
well, I talked to him tonight and he is willing to switch for the mosin. I will have to pay the difference in price, like 15 bucks, but now I need to inspect the mosin.

what are peoples general take on mosins? they are cheap, and there looks to be plenty of ammo. But are there any particular things I should be careful of?

I will be heading over there in a few. Any quick replies would be greatly appreciated!

-Stoke
Everything you need to know about the Mosin is right here.
http://www.mouseguns.com/compare.htm

BigStoke
02-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Well I went and looked at it and it wasnt really up to par. Lots of pitting and corrosion that was visible. I didnt want to think what the bore looked like. He said that he has an order that is being shipped to him right now and I decided to wait for that. Anyways, I talked to him and if I dont buy anything I will just keep a credit until he gets some better product. He is pretty good guy.

-Stoke

DVLDOC
02-17-2009, 10:55 PM

Jk

+ HOTTEST female military service members

lead chucker
02-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Well I went and looked at it and it wasnt really up to par. Lots of pitting and corrosion that was visible. I didnt want to think what the bore looked like. He said that he has an order that is being shipped to him right now and I decided to wait for that. Anyways, I talked to him and if I dont buy anything I will just keep a credit until he gets some better product. He is pretty good guy.

-Stoke

Sounds like you've found a good dealer! :thumbsup:

Decoligny
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
no argument there ;)

27 years and still going. :D

bohoki
02-18-2009, 10:12 AM
once the dros is entered that money is gone but for rifles the dealer can switch guns (when ever i have them do a dros i tell them to put down 5 cause i might find a few more i like from them within the 10 days)

as for mosins #1 thing to check is the bore can you see barrel shine in the grooves a plus if you see shine on the lands
second check the stock for little cracks that may look like small wood splits but go much deeper and sill splinter a stock in twain third what accessories do you get

bayonet and sling are a plus and come with many

kermit
02-18-2009, 10:22 AM
If you have the extra bucks, don't limit yourself to surplus rifles. He may hae some more modern rifles that he could sell you that would work just as well. A good 10/22 would certainly save a lot in ammo expenses.