View Full Version : Question on CA Law regarding 'Assault Weapons'/High Capacity Mags

02-16-2009, 5:14 PM
Greetings. I have briefly searched previous posts and other forums, but am still unsure to the legality of the following:

Can a FFL in a different state ship a restricted firearm (FS2000) and high capacity magazine to a FFL in California if the FFL holder has a high capacity magazine permit? How would one vertify the permit? Please forgive me if this has been answered previously.


02-16-2009, 5:38 PM
Yes, the permit can be faxed or emailed to the out of state dealer, or the dealer can call the DOJ and ask if the California FFL has a valid hi-cap permit.

The FS2000 can be sent without modification into the state, so long as the upper and lower halves are separated prior to shipping. Any Californication can legally happen in state from there.