View Full Version : -----

torotoro
02-16-2009, 6:03 PM
-----

69Mach1
02-16-2009, 6:10 PM
Leave negative FB back.
Here's an excuse I like to use.
"Please ship to my dealer in so and so State. I haven't had the time to change my GB info status."

The SoCal Gunner
02-16-2009, 6:19 PM
So what was the out of state dealer going to do with the gun to make it CA compliant? Or is the link you provided of a different auction?

Jeff P
02-16-2009, 6:20 PM
There seem to be more AZ state sellers with the anti Cal effect. I now, PM the sellers to see if they are willing to ship here and verify payment type or some other simple question. You know some people won't ship once used 5.7 brass. Go figure?

torotoro
02-16-2009, 6:23 PM
---

The SoCal Gunner
02-16-2009, 6:30 PM
Next time just say your buying it and sending it to a friend or family member out of state.

dfletcher
02-16-2009, 6:31 PM
He jumped the gun no doubt by posting negative feedback.

I notice on the link provided there was a "No sales to CA" posting. Did he have the same posting on the auction you won?

On anything that might be marginal (to the seller) I've always e-mailed first and explained my position, then asked if they're OK with me bidding. If I get a no I don't bother.

dieselpower
02-16-2009, 9:06 PM
I would go to GB again and state to remove the negative feedback or add one to his. You were not breaking the law, he stopped the deal due to his ignorance and the ATF will back you up. If they even say anything about the ATF tell them they have already confirmed you are right. Tell them to call you have nothing to worry about.

It is 100% legal to buy from an out of state seller and have the weapon sent to another out of state FFL to modify the firearm before shipping it to CA to another FFL. The seller only has to make sure the receiving FFL is legal.

jasilva
02-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Have some fun with him, call ATF yourself and tell them he tried to sell you a full auto weapon and you ran from him.:eek:

The SoCal Gunner
02-16-2009, 10:48 PM
I would go to GB again and state to remove the negative feedback or add one to his. You were not breaking the law, he stopped the deal due to his ignorance and the ATF will back you up. If they even say anything about the ATF tell them they have already confirmed you are right. Tell them to call you have nothing to worry about.

It is 100% legal to buy from an out of state seller and have the weapon sent to another out of state FFL to modify the firearm before shipping it to CA to another FFL. The seller only has to make sure the receiving FFL is legal.

GB has already sided with the seller and removed the negative feedback the OP left for the seller.

I agree with the tell them to call and confirm with ATF as long as ATF can confirm what is legal. If not then I'd say just forget the whole thing happened.

laguns
02-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Here is the link to the ad in question:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122186768

The seller did say "No sales to Cali or any place like it" so you really should have contacted him first and asked for permission to bid. You could have explained what you were planning to do and let him decide if he wants to be part of it.

I sold many guns on Gunbroker and in my experience their staff is as good as it gets. The seller clearly said no sales to CA but you bid anyway. At that point the seller needed to leave you feedback to get his final value fee credited back, which can take a weeks by-the-way. I'd be a little upset too.

If you are concerned with your feedback score, just wait a week or so than contact the seller again and ask him to change the feedback. Once everything calms down things will be easier to deal with.

Good luck

B.D.Dubloon
02-16-2009, 11:58 PM
It sucks that they wouldn't sell it to you, but about 20 percent of the description is a statement: "No sales to Cali or any place like it." Now he has to relist the item which presumably would have been sold to someone else except you decided to bid on something which he clearly stated he would not sell to someone in California. I'd leave you negative feedback too. It's like you bid on something which the seller stated was only available for local pick up and then wanted it shipped when you won it. The ad clearly said no to that.

Anyway, it sucks that many sellers will not SELL (not ship, but SELL, like he said in his ad) to Californians, but he was up front about it and you should have respected that.

His negative feedback, while brief, seems accurate on it's face in that you did try to buy a firearm which was illegal in your state.

Sucks but that is how it is.

BDD

audihenry
02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
I think the seller was too reactionary. Sure, you didn't read nor did you contact him, but leaving a negative feedback like that was wrong on his part.

edit:

How is this legal? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=121795838

A lot of stuff you've bought seems to have dubious legality in CA as far as removable magazines and high capacity magazines.

B.D.Dubloon
02-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Maybe Torotoro is 5-OH, or having them shipped to a different state. I had some AK hicaps sent to AZ for the next time I go there to play.

BDD

Josh3239
02-17-2009, 2:38 PM
Here is the link to the ad in question:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122186768

The seller did say "No sales to Cali or any place like it" so you really should have contacted him first and asked for permission to bid. You could have explained what you were planning to do and let him decide if he wants to be part of it.

I sold many guns on Gunbroker and in my experience their staff is as good as it gets. The seller clearly said no sales to CA but you bid anyway. At that point the seller needed to leave you feedback to get his final value fee credited back, which can take a weeks by-the-way. I'd be a little upset too.

:iagree:

I have got some really killer deals from GunBroker. Some deals I got the seller was okay with shipping to CA and other times he wasn't and he stated in his ad no shipping to CA. And I got him to reverse his decision.

But I ALWAYS email the seller BEFORE bidding to check if he will ship to CA and most recently, if he is in the CFLC system. If he emails me back and says he will then good, if he emails me back and says he won't then I send him the facts and hope he reverses his decision.

But to bid, without even contacting him, when has already stated he won't ship to CA is rude. I am guessing he is clueless about CA gun laws and does not wish to register with CFLC. You definetly should have emailed him and explained the laws here before bidding.

Dark&Good
02-17-2009, 6:19 PM
I tried to send this guy a message with the correct data, but GB wouldn't let me write to him unless I entered a credit card number first - which I don't want to, unless I find something to buy on GB. If you guys have a registered card on GB, you can send him some homework :)

zinfull
02-17-2009, 6:37 PM
The credit card is charged a dollar. It is to verify your age. If you plan on buying off GB it is worth registering.

Most of the times I talked with sellers posting No ca sales they either do not know the law or they are just ahats and think we are weenies for the government that runs this state. The way the OP stated his claim any more contact would be worthless. Let him loss money for stupidity.

Jerry

torotoro
02-17-2009, 6:44 PM
---