PDA

View Full Version : Gun Ban for those over 60!

anyracoon
02-16-2009, 4:45 PM
Found this on another Gun Board!

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6538

Think we've got trouble on the horizon? Read on fellows....

Guns to Be Banned for Elderly
Staff Reports
United Press International
Washington

Deputy Attorney General Designate David Ogden is circulating a draft of an executive order in which, among other things, firearms possession would be severely limited to people over 60.

An assistant to Ogden told us, "It appears that in these changing times, it is no longer necessary to allow the elderly to be armed. With all of their physical ailments and increasing senility, to leave them in control of a deadly weapon would be ludicrous."

While the Executive Order may sound too powerful, experts in Constitutional law state that it is not actually un-Constitutional.

"It's a question of wording." states Columbia Law Professor, Dr. John Braxton. "The Constitution forbids the Congress, that is, the legislative branch, from passing any laws infringing on gun ownership. The executive branch is not included in this proviso. As long as the Congress doesn't get involved, it's technically a non-issue."

The Justice Department was tossing the idea of a gun ban for seniors during the Carter and Clinton Administration, but public opinion stopped these initiatives. Now, the Obama White House believes differently.

An unnamed aide close to Ogden agreed to talk on the condition of anonymity.

"Clinton and Carter didn't have as much of a mandate as President Obama. They were both Southerners, and the Second Amendment was sacrosanct to their constituents. However, President Obama comes from a new sort of politics, where divisive issues like firearms do not apply to him."

"Quite frankly, it's a shame that no one has had the good conscience to have done this already. It's a simple process, and the majority of the American people will understand it and follow the law."

The enforcement mechanism for this particular executive order has not been published. It is likely that the confiscation of weapons will be similar to Great Britain's handgun ban, in which citizens willingly gave the weapons to police.

It is expected that the executive order will be given around July 1, when senior-related gun deaths reach their peaks.

The aide to Ogden stated: "For eight years you see the rolling back of regulation, and crime has skyrocketed. In fact, in Massachusetts alone, murders have risen 50% since 2002. Armed robbery has also risen dramatically. With such circumstances, we must act boldly."

CSACANNONEER
02-16-2009, 4:48 PM
Age discrimination! I doubt this could happen.

I wonder what "they" really want to gain from this?

Echidin
02-16-2009, 4:48 PM
Just one more reason to add to the list of why it sucks getting old.

copenhagen269
02-16-2009, 4:56 PM
What a joke.

elSquid
02-16-2009, 5:00 PM
Unleash the AARP!

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/710/710_image_08.jpg

-- Michael

hawk1
02-16-2009, 5:03 PM
Just one more reason to add to the list of why it sucks voting democrat.

Fixed that for ya...;)

DVSmith
02-16-2009, 5:04 PM
This article is complete BS. It was a satirical piece on a blog.

http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2009/01/guns-to-be-banned-for-elderly.html

berto
02-16-2009, 5:06 PM
Funny, UPI.com web search for guns and elderly turns up nothing. Search for Mr. Ogden turns up his appointment to the DOJ post but nothing about any executive order dealing with old folks and guns.

How about we do some actual research before posting links to FUD?

thebloodsonthewall
02-16-2009, 5:07 PM
Man, 60 isn't even that old. I used to work with a contractor that is in his mid 60's and you would never know it if you met him. I have an uncle that is almost 60 and has no problems at all. urrrrrrrgghhh

kajvid
02-16-2009, 5:09 PM
Yet another person duped by a blog!

ProlificARProspect
02-16-2009, 5:09 PM
Wow, WAFJ......

Why would anyone think of such stupid law?

Wait I think I know why......:rolleyes:

IGOTDIRT4U
02-16-2009, 5:12 PM
Ahh, so another blog to watch out for.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-16-2009, 5:13 PM
Who knew, the Liberals are now practicing age discrimination, by fiat, no less. Too bad it was no true; food for fodder.

-hanko
02-16-2009, 5:23 PM
This article is complete BS. It was a satirical piece on a blog.

http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2009/01/guns-to-be-banned-for-elderly.html
I detect the aroma of ownage:D

:sleeping:

-hanko

Jonathan Doe
02-16-2009, 5:56 PM
Don't they know some older people over 60 are distinguished shooters, especially in bench rest circle? Wow!! What a dog poo!

Sniper3142
02-16-2009, 6:00 PM
To bad it is a fake article.

If this passed, we could have every single member of the government over 60 removed the very next day.

:)

Couldn't have those old, fragile, senile folks in charge of anything important.

;)

SwissFluCase
02-16-2009, 6:25 PM
I've seen this before.

But really, who would be stupid enough to take the guns from a bunch of treacherous old war vets? Can we say suicide? This is why the antis are working on the other side of the coin, trying to corrupt our youth. It's much safer for them.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Fjold
02-16-2009, 6:33 PM
Why don't we have a "THE SKY IS FALLING" smiley?

Maybe a picture of a big GULLIBLE with clouds crashing on his head.

GuyW
02-16-2009, 7:17 PM
Unleash the AARP!

AARP is anti-gun

dreyna14
02-16-2009, 7:29 PM
...and what evidence is there that gun owners over 60 are a hazard to the rest of the population? Last time I checked, it was the legislative branch that made the laws. And also the last time I checked, when some ***hole just makes up laws and enacts them himself, that person is called a dictator.

Dr Rockso
02-16-2009, 8:02 PM
Good, turn 'em all into baby food. I'm tired of paying social security ya damn freeloaders.

peepshowal
02-16-2009, 8:14 PM
Looks like April Fools Day came early this year.

otteray
02-16-2009, 8:14 PM
"Soylent Green is people! We've got to stop them somehow!"

Moses, AKA C. Heston NRA leader, AKA Thorn, in Soylent Green

live2offroad
02-16-2009, 8:20 PM
Can someone, anyone, come up with a version of this story NOT from another forum or blog?

-Peter

berto
02-16-2009, 8:27 PM
Can someone, anyone, come up with a version of this story NOT from another forum or blog?

-Peter

It doesn't exist. I checked UPI, referenced as the source, and found squat. People need to calm the hell down and do a tiny bit of fact checking before taking whatever they see on some forum/blog as true and spreading FUD everywhere else they frequent on the internet.