PDA

View Full Version : REP. ENGEL URGES PRESIDENT OBAMA TO ENFORCE BUSH 41/CLINTON RESTRICTIONS ON IMPORTED

fun2none
02-16-2009, 2:16 PM
Is this serious or a publicity stunt by Engel ?

REP. ENGEL URGES PRESIDENT OBAMA TO ENFORCE BUSH 41/CLINTON RESTRICTIONS ON IMPORTED ASSAULT WEAPONS
Chairman of the House Western Hemisphere Subcommittee Leads Letter with 53 Members of Congress

Washington, D.C.--Congressman Eliot Engel, Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, wrote a letter signed by 53 Members of Congress urging President Obama to “return to enforcement of the law banning imports of assault weapons, which was previously enforced during the administrations of Presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton.” The letter was also led by Congressman Michael Castle (R-DE) and Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY).

Full press release (http://engel.house.gov/index.cfm?ContentID=1590&ParentID=7&SectionID=216&SectionTree=7,216&lnk=b&ItemID=1580)

AJAX22
02-16-2009, 2:17 PM
Ummmmm.... they are enforced already....

Thats why we don't have any non 922r compliant guns imported anymore or any cheap steel core 7.62x39

**edit to add***

I told you so!!!

Its not an AW ban we have to worry about first and foremost, its administrative rulings and executive orders pertaining to the BATFE

nick
02-16-2009, 2:21 PM
What he probably means is, "why do we still have these scary-looking AK-47-like rifles? Daddy, make it go away!"

DDT
02-16-2009, 2:23 PM
What he probably means is, "why do we still have these scary-looking AK-47-like rifles? Daddy, make it go away!"

Unfortunately Daddy may be more than happy to try and make it go away.

nick
02-16-2009, 2:34 PM
Unfortunately Daddy may be more than happy to try and make it go away.

Yeah, good parenting is on decline these days.

vrand
02-16-2009, 2:53 PM
Ummmmm.... they are enforced already....

Thats why we don't have any non 922r compliant guns imported anymore or any cheap steel core 7.62x39

**edit to add***

I told you so!!!

Its not an AW ban we have to worry about first and foremost, its administrative rulings and executive orders pertaining to the BATFE

An interesting site on EXECUTIVE ORDERS:
Unconstitutional Presidential Abuses of Power

http://www.conservativeusa.org/exec-order.htm

dwtt
02-16-2009, 4:24 PM
When Obama uses presidential executive orders to infringe on the 2nd Amendment, I have a feeling we won't see many people with Impeach Obama bumper stickers on their car. The media made Obama the savior of this country and there are even some gun owners who voted for him.

ZRX61
02-16-2009, 5:29 PM
Ummmmm.... Thats why we don't have any non 922r compliant guns imported anymore or any cheap steel core 7.62x39

No shortage of 7.62x54R steel core tho :)

AJAX22
02-16-2009, 5:32 PM
No shortage of 7.62x54R steel core tho :)

The 7.62x39 steel core was banned because it was 'Armour piercing Pistol ammunition'

this was done because olympic arms made a handfull of prototype pistols in 7.62x39 for the shot show and they siezed on that as an excuse to ban it.

if they find ONE thompson contender in 7.62x54 (or they see one of the PSL pistols that some people are making) they can declare the 7.62x54R steel core to be AP pistol ammunition as well.

we are one arbitrary ruling away from loosing that as well.

Ford8N
02-16-2009, 6:02 PM
Lois Capps the ditsy house wife from Santa Barbara signed that damn letter. She is a light weight in the brain, I've spoken to her at the SB Fair. I would say she is a pretty fair representative of the majority of he constituents.:wacko:

falawful
02-16-2009, 7:28 PM
There are no congresscritters from D.C. This POS was from New Yawk.

These ditzes don't apparently realize that they already have what they want.

motorhead
02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
there are no imported assault rifles, only "sporters".

yellowfin
02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Lois Capps the ditsy house wife from Santa Barbara signed that damn letter. She is a light weight in the brain, I've spoken to her at the SB Fair. I would say she is a pretty fair representative of the majority of he constituents.:wacko:Exactly why again have you not had her thrown out of the state?

Ford8N
02-17-2009, 5:51 PM
Exactly why again have you not had her thrown out of the state?

I am a very very small minority in my district. I vote, write letters, voice my views to my representatives and they just don't care. I am nobody. She has legions of thumb sucking academic liberals who use her as a puppet to further their vision of a totally gun free utopia. You should listen to her talk about guns, quite amusing. :p

sigsauer887
02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I reall don't get this. In the article they spew a bunch of BS about Mexico's violence, what the hell does that have to do with us?

And also, if the law is already in effect, what the hell are they asking for? I'm lost.