PDA

View Full Version : NY Female Dem Senator - Pro Guns

TomHynes
02-16-2009, 9:57 AM
She sounds awesome. Let's e-mail her a message of support.

http://www.newsday.com/iphone/ny-usgill1612462761feb16,0,1405894.story

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand: I keep 2 guns under my bed
BY TOM BRUNE | tom.brune@newsday.com
10:46 PM EST, February 15, 2009

WASHINGTON - - New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who argues her pro-gun stance aims to protect hunters' rights and the Second Amendment, last week said she and her husband, Jonathan, keep two rifles under their bed to protect their upstate home.

Gillibrand said neither she nor her husband is a hunter, and in a general discussion of gun control said, "If I want to protect my family, if I want to have a weapon in the home, that should be my right."

nick
02-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Not bad. She already flipped on a few of her other stances since she got appointed to the Senate though, let's hope she won't flip on that one.

Kid Stanislaus
02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
She was elected to the Hse. o Reps. from a pro-gun district but now she has the entire state to worry about and NYC is the 800LB gorilla in NY politics, very anti-gun.

Jonathan Doe
02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Gillibrand said neither she nor her husband is a hunter, and in a general discussion of gun control said, "If I want to protect my family, if I want to have a weapon in the home, that should be my right."

I like the statement. She will get my endorsement.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
She was elected to the Hse. o Reps. from a pro-gun district but now she has the entire state to worry about and NYC is the 800LB gorilla in NY politics, very anti-gun.

They'll (NYC folks) probably give her a pass on her longguns as she lives upstate, rationalizing that in their minds so they can sleep better at night.(In that super safe city where there are no guns. RIIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTT!!!!)

56Chevy
02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Hopefully that's not the only place she thinks it's ok.

MolonLabe2008
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
She's Pro-gun? I don't think so...

Progun Democrat Gillibrand Now Flopping
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=152993&highlight=Gillibrand