PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Stop Me...

Midian
02-16-2009, 5:38 AM
Just bought a Stainless Dan Wesson Pointman 1911 from Summit Gunbroker.

I think I have--or at the very least am developing--a firearms problem.

fastpowerstroker
02-16-2009, 6:09 AM
:shrug: We all have our own problems to deal with. Congrats on the new purchase:thumbsup:

elrcastor
02-16-2009, 6:16 AM
Welcome to the I need more guns club!!

Fjold
02-16-2009, 6:39 AM
My name is Frank and I'm a gunaholic.

BigEd925
02-16-2009, 7:18 AM
How much did you get the pointman for? Ive been in the market for a while.

JTROKS
02-16-2009, 7:18 AM
What Fjold said.

AJAX22
02-16-2009, 7:45 AM
Its not a 'problem' you're simply investing in hard assets to hedge against inflation. A firearms collection is just an inflation proof savings account which you REALLY don't want to cash out.

Midian
02-16-2009, 7:57 AM
Oh I know it's not really a problem...I'd rather trade a worthless paper fiat currency for tangible assets any day. Gold, Guns, and Ammo, baby.

To answer the other question, I grabbed it for 675.00. We're going to square the deal this morning. That is a great sie, BTW. Amazing deals.

AJAX22
02-16-2009, 8:02 AM
Oh I know it's not really a problem...I'd rather trade a worthless paper fiat currency for tangible assets any day. Gold, Guns, and Ammo, baby.

To answer the other question, I grabbed it for 675.00. We're going to square the deal this morning. That is a great sie, BTW. Amazing deals.

Because gold is a traded commodity that can be securitized many use it for 'speculative' purposes.

To a large extent the market price of gold is not necessarily representative of its inherent value (there are periods of time when this is more/less true).

guns, ammo, etc are all solid hard assets, the only problem is that they are a much bulkier store of wealth.

Kid Stanislaus
02-16-2009, 8:15 AM
........ the only problem is that they are a much bulkier store of wealth.

On the plus side, if your gunsafe were loaded with gold bullion the likelihood of an home invasion would be considerably higher, no?

Ronco
02-16-2009, 8:15 AM

If that price is for a new one... that is an awesome deal. I bought mine new for $735 (shipped) and I thought that was a great deal.

I just shot mine for the first time last week and it is very tight (tolerances) and accurate. You'll love it.

Midian
02-16-2009, 8:37 AM
On the plus side, if your gunsafe were loaded with gold bullion the likelihood of an home invasion would be considerably higher, no?

Well if no one KNOWS it's loaded with bullion the risk is significantly lower.

Having Gold on the premises is like talking to the police when accused of doing something illegal. A Zipped Lip is the way to go.

And no, it's a used weapon, but apparently in excellent condition. 735.00 new was certainly an awesome buy. You scored, man. Can't wait to try this one.

On another note, the guide rod spring plug on my SA 1911 Loaded is a pain is rear end to disengage. It does not have a flush end, but rather a hard sharp open ended lip that bites the hell out of my thumb. I haven't been able to push it down far enough take the weapon down to clean it. I feel like an idiot.

Anyone have any experience with this little problem? It's a full length, single piece guide rod.

Midian
02-16-2009, 8:46 AM
DUH spoke too soon.

Bushing wrench did the trick.

munkeeboi
02-16-2009, 8:46 AM
Use the neon orange tool!

nick
02-16-2009, 8:49 AM
Its not a 'problem' you're simply investing in hard assets to hedge against inflation. A firearms collection is just an inflation proof savings account which you REALLY don't want to cash out.

Good one. So, your name is <name here>, and you're a gunaholic, got it :p

Jonathan Doe
02-16-2009, 9:19 AM
I don't NEED any more guns, but keep buying it. I have a SERIOUS problem.

UnboundClothing
02-16-2009, 9:39 AM
I don't NEED any more guns, but keep buying it. I have a SERIOUS problem.

+1 :thumbsup:

Blue
02-16-2009, 9:41 AM
What's the problem?

PorkLover
02-16-2009, 9:43 AM
it's a very serious addiction, I mean rationally, I know that I have more than enough.....but I can't seem to stop......

Mississippi
02-16-2009, 9:45 AM

I think I have--or at the very least am developing--a firearms

problem.

Good for you. Just keep buying! You need someone like me to go to gun stores with you. I will always just tell you to buy it! :thumbsup:

Echidin
02-16-2009, 10:11 AM

I think I have--or at the very least am developing--a firearms problem.

I'm starting an FA (Firearms Annonymous) support group, if you would like to join. You will have to relinquish all your firearms to me though, you know so that you don't fall back into the habit. :D

wildhawker
02-16-2009, 10:14 AM
It's a good problem to have :thumbsup:

Now time to explain to the wife why I have a new pile of UPS boxes in the room... ;)

Sam
02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
It's a good problem to have :thumbsup:

Now time to explain to the wife why I have a new pile of UPS boxes in the room... ;)

if you destroy the boxes then you won't have any explaining to do, trust me!

Jonathan Doe
02-16-2009, 1:34 PM
I have a Fort Knox safe. My guns don't all fit in the safe and I have a lot of them on a gun rack, and on the floor on biopds. Maybe I should get rid of all the guns that do not fit in the safe. That will be Remingotn 5R, 700 varmint, some Russian SKS, 10/22, BL-22, 1917, 1903, Anschutz, M44 Mosin etc...