PDA

View Full Version : Midway refuses to ship mag release USPO

dieselpower
02-15-2009, 9:04 PM
I need a new mag release, my old one is cross threaded onto the mag button. So to install a new BB, I am going to need a new one.

Midway finaly has them instock, normal price $3.99. I am willing to fork over the extra $3.00 for less then a $25.00 order, so I figure with shipping $10.00.
http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#327344____-_

WRONG. They will not ship a gun part USPO to California. So it has to go UPS for $12.00. Total would have been like $20.00 for a $4 part...:thumbsup:

I have ordered pin kits, spring kits, barrel slip ring, weld springs, and never had to choose UPS before. But they say the magazine release arm is a gun part while the other stuff is just hardware....:thumbsup: Good job.

I'll wait till one pops up somewhere else. And if anyone has an extra BB insert, I'm in the market. I have the shroud and spring.

FortCourageArmory
02-15-2009, 9:09 PM
If you're talking an AR mag release, I think I have one in the shop. If I do, I'll be glad to let you have it for $4.00. No shipping, no handling. Just a nice little drive from Ventura. Call me on Tuesday when I'm in the store so I can say yea or nay to having one.

dfletcher
02-15-2009, 9:26 PM
I need a new mag release, my old one is cross threaded onto the mag button. So to install a new BB, I am going to need a new one.

Midway finaly has them instock, normal price $3.99. I am willing to fork over the extra $3.00 for less then a $25.00 order, so I figure with shipping $10.00.
http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#327344____-_

WRONG. They will not ship a gun part USPO to California. So it has to go UPS for $12.00. Total would have been like $20.00 for a $4 part...:thumbsup:

I have ordered pin kits, spring kits, barrel slip ring, weld springs, and never had to choose UPS before. But they say the magazine release arm is a gun part while the other stuff is just hardware....:thumbsup: Good job.

I'll wait till one pops up somewhere else. And if anyone has an extra BB insert, I'm in the market. I have the shroud and spring.

Brownells will ship USPO and they have a small package rate - $4.95 I think. I've given up trying to figure out what passes for logic at Midway. Since they're almost universally "backorder only" or "not available" on so much of their stuff, even the non AR items, I don't use them all that often.

I was kind or surprised to find that Numrich Arms has a fair amount of AR stuff in stock.

freakshow10mm
02-15-2009, 9:30 PM
Brownells rocks. I don't ever buy from Midway anymore.

ke6guj
02-15-2009, 9:31 PM
I just checked and midway showed that they would ship it USPS 1st class for $2.86 and Priority for $6.75. And UPS Ground showed $9.65

CHS
02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Brownells.
Riflegear.

There are many places where you can get just a mag release/mag catch.

dieselpower
02-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I just checked and midway showed that they would ship it USPS 1st class for $2.86 and Priority for $6.75. And UPS Ground showed $9.65

Yep it now changed to that for me. I know what it was now. I was ordering on Sunday and today is a Federal Holiday, so they couldnt ship USPO on the next day. The shipping software is wacked.

I called again to tell them that.

dieselpower
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
If you're talking an AR mag release, I think I have one in the shop. If I do, I'll be glad to let you have it for $4.00. No shipping, no handling. Just a nice little drive from Ventura. Call me on Tuesday when I'm in the store so I can say yea or nay to having one.

I would much rather spend $5.00 in gas and buy from you, then $5.00 in shipping to an other retailer.

I will call you tomorrow. I like to keep my $$ spent close to home.

Thank You.