PDA

View Full Version : Who here would be interested in Custom Steel Targets In SD/OC? Local, save shipping!!

acheron800
02-15-2009, 1:24 PM
Anybody here interested? My buddy is a fabricator (he preps my racecars and lets me use his shop), we went shooting yesterday and decided to make a target real quick. Took about 20 min, mind you this one was done rather quickly since it was 1PM and it took 2 hours to get to the shooting spot. So if we were to sell these they would be very nicely put together, and perfect welds. Also, you can choose any shape or design you could want, he a has a plasma table. You can also decide your style. Also choose your thickness. This was a swinger that wasnt too tall, plus we used scrap because it was laying around. So it doesnt look too pretty but it got the job done.

This was 11" circle with a tab on the top. Also this was ONLY 1/4" chromoly, I have been reading reports that .223 will blow through 1/4" but not here I guess.

Penetration / Ding details
10mm - Slight Ding Close range
Small Mark Long Range
45 acp - Slight Ding Close range
Small Mark Long Range
.223 55 gr. - Small Dent
7.62x39 - Looks like we drilled holes through it :D

Blue - .223
White - 7.62
Red - It could have been a .223, maybe a weak spot in the metal
Yellow - 10mm
Green - 45 acp

Most of the 45 and 10mm you cant even see though, they barely scuffed it at 15 yds and above. The dents you can see were 7-10 yds.

Anyway if there were any interest for some custom targets, let me know. And you guys can save some $$$ on shipping since we are local. San Marcos and Carlsbad.

I would say the basic target (same as ours) 3/8" thick would be about $100. Probably a little taller though, maybe overall 3.5' tall.

We can also offer just the plates as well, since I noticed sites do that as well. So if there is anything you would like as a plate let me know, as long as it doesnt take an hour to design in CAD. :D Just to reiterate, we can do any design of plate, any size / style of target (hanger/spinner etc) and any thickness of steel.

Again 1/4" Chromoly 11" circle.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/surfrippa/Target.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/surfrippa/P2150028.jpg

radioactivelego
02-15-2009, 1:25 PM
I would if it was AR500.

acheron800
02-15-2009, 1:38 PM
I would if it was AR500.

We can do AR, Ill have to call the metal supply tomorrow and see if they have AR500, I know they have AR, but not sure which one.

Ill chime in when I find out.

I have also heard that AR 400 is better than 500 as far as shooting goes.

If there is interest just email a drawing of the target, how it stands, to my email, acheron800@yahoo.com.

I think Im going to build a *****in one for myself out of AR, and ill post some pics.

Rukus
02-15-2009, 4:05 PM
Are these just the actual target or would it include the frame as well? And would local pickup be available?

USN CHIEF
02-15-2009, 4:11 PM
Can you buddy donate some for the Broke Back Mountain Cal Guns range here in SD? LOL.

Tony.
02-15-2009, 4:55 PM
I would be interested depending on pricing.

Blue
02-15-2009, 4:56 PM
What kind of plasma table is he using?

Spiggy
02-15-2009, 5:00 PM
Can you buddy donate some for the Broke Back Mountain Cal Guns range here in SD? LOL.

jeeze, those plates must be gone by now

USN CHIEF
02-15-2009, 5:49 PM
jeeze, those plates must be gone by now

Negative sir, they are still there. But more would not hurt:D

randy
02-15-2009, 6:07 PM
If you want a good site for targets to learn a bit about them www.mgmtargets.com and www.randrracingonline.com They both make very high quality targets. A good place to get ideas.

Spiggy
02-15-2009, 6:13 PM
Negative sir, they are still there. But more would not hurt:D

yes, if that's the case... NOT IT! :thumbsup: