PDA

View Full Version : My recruiter lied...

45DAVID1
02-15-2009, 7:40 AM
... of course it was 11 years ago and I have no hard evidence. :thumbsup:

kermit315
02-15-2009, 7:50 AM
mine too, told me it was all suntans and bbq's, hot chick in every port, and no overtime.

damn.

smokingloon
02-15-2009, 11:08 AM
My recruiter lied to me. The funny thing was that he was in the same MOS as me and he came to my unit when he got done with recruiting duty.

Seesm
02-15-2009, 6:27 PM
Yeah they will not give you anything in writing... Kinda b.s.

ilbob
02-16-2009, 7:45 AM
anyone fool enough to believe that the military will not use you for what it needs you for when it gets its clutches on you is a fool and should not join the military in the first place.

a lot of the time the military is able to give you at least some choice in what you do. that is to their advantage as well as theirs.

but when it comes right down to it, the needs of the military comes before what the individual wants. mostly.

Stockton
02-16-2009, 7:55 AM
Gotta do what ya gotta do as a recruiter so you don't roll that DONUT at the end of the month...LOL! So you wanna be a "hero" huh? Well sit down and lets talk :D

nick
02-16-2009, 8:34 AM
*Waiting for CavTrooper* :popcorn:

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 9:18 AM
My recruiter didnt have time to lie to me and I was straight up with him. He wouldnt have gotten away with it anyhow because I had the internet and knew how to use it!

Walked in and told em what I wanted...19D and I want to go to war.

The rest is history. :thumbsup:

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 9:19 AM
... of course it was 11 years ago and I have no hard evidence. :thumbsup:

Proof, or it didnt happen.

:thumbsup:

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 9:21 AM
mine too, told me it was all suntans and bbq's, hot chick in every port, and no overtime.

damn.

Proof?

:shrug:

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 9:22 AM
My recruiter lied to me. The funny thing was that he was in the same MOS as me and he came to my unit when he got done with recruiting duty.

Any proof?

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 9:23 AM
Yeah they will not give you anything in writing... Kinda b.s.

You got a contract didnt you?

Its all in writing, seems you didnt read it.

:cool2:

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 9:25 AM
anyone fool enough to believe that the military will not use you for what it needs you for when it gets its clutches on you is a fool and should not join the military in the first place.

a lot of the time the military is able to give you at least some choice in what you do. that is to their advantage as well as theirs.

but when it comes right down to it, the needs of the military comes before what the individual wants. mostly.

Damn skippy. Funny thing is its written almost exactly like that in every Armed Forces contract... needs of the...

Someone with some common sense.

Thank you.

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 9:26 AM
*Waiting for CavTrooper* :popcorn:

*waiting for proof*

:thumbsup:

nick
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Heh, the cavalry has arrived :p

11B and I don't want to go to war. Does that ever work?

CavTrooper
02-16-2009, 1:41 PM
Heh, the cavalry has arrived :p

11B and I don't want to go to war. Does that ever work?

I'll tell you what I tell everyone, EVERBODY DEPLOYS! Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, even Border Patrol. Active duty, reserves and National Guard, everyone gets their turn in the sandbox. If you have a Combat Arms MOS, expect to go looking for a fight, if you got a support MOS, expect to end up in a fight. No one is exempt!

smokingloon
02-16-2009, 3:04 PM
I'll tell you what I tell everyone, EVERBODY DEPLOYS! Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, even Border Patrol. Active duty, reserves and National Guard, everyone gets their turn in the sandbox. If you have a Combat Arms MOS, expect to go looking for a fight, if you got a support MOS, expect to end up in a fight. No one is exempt!

Proof that you tell everyone.

Blue
02-16-2009, 3:07 PM

No kidding?

Pryde
02-16-2009, 3:12 PM
My recruiter really DID lie to me. He also asked me to take the ASVAB for someone else, which I of course declined. When I was in SOI, word got around to me that he was being brought up on charges. Honestly though I do not have any proof, only I contacted my recruiting station after Boot wanting to talk to my recruiter and the NCOIC told me he wasn't at that station anymore due to accusations of impropriety.

So yes, it does happen.......

Seesm
02-16-2009, 5:52 PM
You got a contract didnt you?

Its all in writing, seems you didnt read it.

:cool2:

Yeah no.... not so much... They promise and SAY stuff but when you want something in writing, they will not put it in writing.

My lady almost went in out of HS and she had the guy feeding her a bag of sh*t and what they would do for her and how she would have so and so kind of job when she got out and she told them what she wanted to do and they said yeah maybe, but would never give her a firm answer or even anything in writing.

So again not so much. You can't read something, when they will not give it to you writing.

Seesm
02-16-2009, 5:55 PM
My recruiter really DID lie to me. He also asked me to take the ASVAB for someone else, which I of course declined. When I was in SOI, word got around to me that he was being brought up on charges. Honestly though I do not have any proof, only I contacted my recruiting station after Boot wanting to talk to my recruiter and the NCOIC told me he wasn't at that station anymore due to accusations of impropriety.

So yes, it does happen.......

Oh yeah I bet more than you know... But the recruiter guy on here does not want people to know this... :)

45DAVID1
02-18-2009, 2:55 PM
Here is my proof. Killer government zombies disguised as Uncle Sam!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305107068.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

jeffyboy
02-18-2009, 4:19 PM
My recuiter told me that it doesn't get that cold at Ft Knox in November. I loved doing PT with a windchill of -15 degrees. Oh...those were the days.

Stormfeather
02-21-2009, 8:37 AM
Every meal . . . a feast!
Every Paycheck. . . a fortune!
Every Formation. . . a reunion!
Every mission . . . a adventure!

now wheres the lies in that? :thumbsup:

Max-the-Silent
02-21-2009, 1:24 PM
Recruit, Recruit
don't be blue
My recruiter screwed me too.

Fisherman and recruiters are born liars.

tacticalcity
02-21-2009, 2:26 PM
My Air Force recruiter didn't lie to me at all. He was 100% truthful with me. However, later in my career I was pressured into "volunteering" (more like I was volunteered) into participating in a temporary program to see if two career fields could be merged into one. It was supposed to last for one year and then I would be returned to my parent squadron. They waiting until after I signed in at my new duty station before telling me the program had been cancelled and the new AFC was permanent. They told me if I did not like it they would happily let me leave the Air Force immediately with an Administrative Discharge (it would be like the previous two years never happened and I was never in the military which did not appeal to me because I was proud of my service and those two years), but there was no way I could return to my previous squadron and career field (no longer my parent squadron). I was stuck…and screwed. If they had left me alone I would have stayed in for life. I was part of a Mobile Aerial Port. I was in a different country every month. What we did actually mattered and we could see the effects first hand. I loved it…absolutely loved it. Then I went from being in the field, where I actually made a difference to riding a desk. It sucked. The job sucked. The placed sucked. The people I worked with were burn happy *****s screwing each other over left and right. It was all I could do to keep out of the political line of fire and protect my own rear. My supervisor was literally insane and after the first year of my new assignment was forcibly committed to a Psychiatric Facility where they electro-shocked him into a freaking zombie of man (he later killed himself) but not before he ruined several of my coworkers careers and forced them out of the military on less than honorable discharges. His replacement played the same political games and things actually got worse after that. The whole thing was like a bad movie. The first half of my Air Force career was like living a dream in comparison. Obviously I hated the new AFC and they refused to let me cross train into another one since I had already cross trained once already. So when the time came to reenlist I went to college instead. Long story short...never volunteer for anything. If they try and volunteer you...and pressure you into doing something without actually ordered you to (and it feels wrong)...respectfully decline and stick to your guns until it becomes an order. If they can’t make it an order, you don’t have to do it. Let them find another sucker.

AlliedArmory
03-06-2009, 1:14 AM
Every meal . . . a feast!
Every Paycheck. . . a fortune!
Every Formation. . . a reunion!
Every mission . . . a adventure!

now wheres the lies in that? :thumbsup:

hahah

CavTrooper
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Recruit, Recruit
don't be blue

Theres volunteer recruiters and volunTOLD recruiters...

edittman1
03-06-2009, 10:54 AM
My Air Force recruiter didn't lie to me at all. He was 100% truthful with me. However, later in my career I was pressured into "volunteering" (more like I was volunteered) into participating in a temporary program to see if two career fields could be merged into one. It was supposed to last for one year and then I would be returned to my parent squadron. They waiting until after I signed in at my new duty station before telling me the program had been cancelled and the new AFC was permanent. They told me if I did not like it they would happily let me leave the Air Force immediately with an Administrative Discharge (it would be like the previous two years never happened and I was never in the military which did not appeal to me because I was proud of my service and those two years), but there was no way I could return to my previous squadron and career field (no longer my parent squadron). I was stuck…and screwed. If they had left me alone I would have stayed in for life. I was part of a Mobile Aerial Port. I was in a different country every month. What we did actually mattered and we could see the effects first hand. I loved it…absolutely loved it. Then I went from being in the field, where I actually made a difference to riding a desk. It sucked. The job sucked. The placed sucked. The people I worked with were burn happy *****s screwing each other over left and right. It was all I could do to keep out of the political line of fire and protect my own rear. My supervisor was literally insane and after the first year of my new assignment was forcibly committed to a Psychiatric Facility where they electro-shocked him into a freaking zombie of man (he later killed himself) but not before he ruined several of my coworkers careers and forced them out of the military on less than honorable discharges. His replacement played the same political games and things actually got worse after that. The whole thing was like a bad movie. The first half of my Air Force career was like living a dream in comparison. Obviously I hated the new AFC and they refused to let me cross train into another one since I had already cross trained once already. So when the time came to reenlist I went to college instead. Long story short...never volunteer for anything. If they try and volunteer you...and pressure you into doing something without actually ordered you to (and it feels wrong)...respectfully decline and stick to your guns until it becomes an order. If they can’t make it an order, you don’t have to do it. Let them find another sucker.

Bummer. What do you do now?

5150Marcelo
03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Recruit, Recruit
don't be blue

I dont lie homie:cool2:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn173/5150Marcelo/giantmagbayyellowfintuna.jpg

dingelingyi
05-01-2009, 9:57 AM
australia for the ladies! been there done that :patriot:

Manong0369
05-01-2009, 10:54 AM
I've see the pros and cons of recruiting. People need to understand the their is a quota that the recruiters are given. I've seen situations that the recruiter will "hold" on to an application until the next month's quota. Does this make them bad, I don't believe so. As with other MOS/jobs, they have to perform to standard or get a bad evaluation/review. They tell you something, or not tell you, about the military should not be seen as lying. If a person goes into a recruiting station without the MOS/job that they want, they should take his/her time to think about it. Research by asking those that were in the service, then make your choice. Stepping into a recruiter station tells them that you are interested in their branch of service and will try to pitch their side of the story. Most people join the military with the plan on going to college afterwards. Good for you. Just don't plan on being an infantryman with an attitude that you are just marking time until college. As with the Marine Corps commercial says, "We don't take applications, We take commitments." Be ready to do things you will not like, like cleaning the "head/latrine" or staying late for field day. It's part of the military. Like I was told back in the day, the military is not Burger King. You can't have it your way.