PDA

View Full Version : OLL friendly FFL list...UCLAPlinker's link.

dieselpower
02-14-2009, 7:22 PM
I saw UCLAPlinker's link to OLL friendly FFLs and saw a local gun shop I have never knew of. The bad part is when I mentioned AR15s to the guy running the store, he cut me off saying, "We do not carry any AR15 items nor do we sell them or anything like them." So I left.
"Camarillo Shooters" on Ventura Blvd, Camarillo.

They may be ok with transfers, but with this type of attitude, I think they need to be cut from the list. I would not want someone handling my transfer if they are not 100% up on the laws enough to sell that "type" of gear. I wouldn't send a friend there either if they were looking for an FFL.

I used UCLAPlinker's list and found a good shop in Simi Valley. IMHO all Ventura sales need to go to them. Fort Courage Armory Inc.

I also noticed the list did not have Shooters Paradise in Oxnard on the list. I know they do not have or stock EBR type stuff either, but they do allow EBRs in the shooting range and I have never had a problem there. Once again though, I doubt they will do a transfer if its an EBR.

kermit315
02-14-2009, 7:37 PM
Thats weird, they are the guys I got my Doublestar lower from.

ETA: who did you talk to? The guy with the glasses, dark hair, and the Glock fetish?

cal3gunner
02-14-2009, 7:54 PM
they told me they would transfer a stripped lower but not a complete rifle even if had prince 50, bullet button, or monster man.

I believe Ft courage will transfer complete rifles if they have the legal parts on them.

kermit315
02-14-2009, 8:03 PM
hmmm, weird. sucks to hear that. Now that you mention it though, I havent seen so much as a LPK in there since I came home from cruise in October, and I bought my lower in May of last year. They had a couple of them in there then, I should have snatched them both up.

dieselpower
02-14-2009, 8:08 PM
Thats weird, they are the guys I got my Doublestar lower from.

ETA: who did you talk to? The guy with the glasses, dark hair, and the Glock fetish?

It was a tall guy, dark hair, large build, late 40s early 50s. Really didn't talk much with him after that. Maybe the owner changed. He didn't seem like a friendly guy after I said the bad word, "AR15".

I just remember the story on M4.com were a guy bought a lower with no pistol grip and the FFL called the BATF when the selector rotated. He thought it was an illegal select fire, not knowing the grip holds the detent stopping the movement. These are the FFLs you want to aviod. After several months the guy got his lower back, but it took $$$. This is why I would stay away from a shop that doesn't like any EBR parts.

The armory in Simi was great. They had several full lowers waiting for guys to pick up, and a guy picked up a stripped lower when I was in there. Seemed like a great little store, full of knowledgeable guys.

kermit315
02-14-2009, 9:11 PM
Sounds like Scott. Wonder what happened to make him shift tracks like that. One of the other guys that works there also works at Shooters Paradise in Oxnard. Me and a couple of other calgunners are shooting in there tomorrow, maybe if he is working I will ask a couple of questions.

ratswallow
02-15-2009, 11:05 AM
That's odd...I bought my Doublestar lower from there in Nov at a decent price.
I believe it was $130...post election. I snatched it up on the spot since I had already been to several others including Ft Courage who had none in stock.
It's possible he just got tired of never having inventory to sell...

dieselpower
02-15-2009, 3:37 PM
That's odd...I bought my Doublestar lower from there in Nov at a decent price.
I believe it was $130...post election. I snatched it up on the spot since I had already been to several others including Ft Courage who had none in stock.
It's possible he just got tired of never having inventory to sell...

If this is the case, I may give them another try.