PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if in wrong area-need to vent-AR15.com mods deleted my ad for 'oops'

DisgruntledReaper
02-14-2009, 4:48 PM
:rant::rant:hi I have to rant on this....I joined up on AR15.com because it was suggested that I try to list a WTT on a 24" barrel AR10 complete minus the upper and BCG for a 16-18" stainless or other barrel of equivilent value..

So i posted the ad and a guy placed a reply post and not a PM, so I replied in the ad thread-like weall do on various boards...and one of the mods DELTED it WO warning or a pm which they say they can do in the 'rules' ...they could have LOCKED it first and sent a warning...BUT NO,DELETE IMMEDIATELY.

So i make a 'noob' mistake because I defaulted to how OTHER boards operate and the $*%^^#*&$#* just wipe it out...

IS THIS indicative of how that board operates? I was hoping to get a lead on a barrel or place that has them on hand or something,and peruse the forum but GEEEZ.....if it is like that.......and like they cant see that it was unintentional!? It was not like i put "BUMP' as a posted reply...

I am pissed at this, screwed anything happening this weekend.......:rant::inquis:

Blue
02-14-2009, 4:49 PM
Yea, they don't play around over there.

PIRATE14
02-14-2009, 4:52 PM
See how nice it is here.....and yet you guys still wank........

It's ARFCOMM...not an easy sandbox to play in.......;)

There are a few vendors here that have gotten the boot as well.........

technique
02-14-2009, 4:54 PM
Calguns for the most part, are CA gun owners...

ARF is global..

Way too large of a community for policing and warnings... The rules are pretty clear if you read them.:)

ProlificARProspect
02-14-2009, 4:55 PM
they got you for the 72 hour no bump rule, cant bump your thread under 72 hours.

Now you know to IM to all that are interested, it happens all the time, even with paying members.

You should not take it as a big deal.

ke6guj
02-14-2009, 4:56 PM
ARFCOM has their rules and you do have to follow them.

The EE is very large and if they weren't strict on the rules, then it would be like the wild west. The rest of ARFCOM can be like the wild west, but the EE is ruled with an iron fist.

Rules #14-17 are specific to “BTT”, or bumping ads to the top of page 1:

14. Keep in mind Rule #1 above.

15. The seller CANNOT reply to their own ad within 72 hours of anyone's post (including their own) for any reason. The 72-hour countdown for the seller restarts with each new reply to the ad by ANYONE.

16. All changes/updates should be done with the edit feature to the original ad, not by adding another response.

17. Sellers -- If 72 hours have not passed since the last post by anyone, all questions should be addressed by IM, e-mail, or edit ONLY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you break any of these rules, your ad may be removed or locked WITHOUT any notice!

hawk1
02-14-2009, 5:29 PM
Their board, their rules. It's not difficult to follow rules.

Just a suggestion, take a second to read the rules that are here at Calguns. That way you'll have no reason to bad mouth Calguns at another gun forum.

rkt88edmo
02-14-2009, 5:31 PM
The rules of the arfcom for sale section are clearly laid out and if you violate them they generally are swift to catch it.

PS we really discourage bringing complaints about other forums here, it just causes inter forum strife which we would rather avoid.