PDA

View Full Version : New ammo law for CA?

smle-man
02-14-2009, 2:16 PM
A gun shop owner told me today that starting in April all ammunition packages/boxes sold in CA must have a unique bar code on them. He is puzzled as to the intent for this (I can think of several dark motives). Two problems that I can see right off the bat is for commercial reloaders and surplus bulk ammo packaged with individual boxes inside a sealed container such as 7.62 NATO battle packs.

Anyone else heard of this?

ke6guj
02-14-2009, 2:24 PM
thats when you say, show me the law.

too many people like to spout BS like that without anything to back it up. And why would it start in April? Laws usually go into effect Jan 1 or July 1 unless it is emergency legislation.

sorensen440
02-14-2009, 2:25 PM
Never trust that type of information
I suspect a few of the gunstores make it up to increase sales but most of them are just clueless.

Two Shots
02-14-2009, 2:29 PM
They scan the box, each has a seperate I.D number. then you'll need to give them your I.D which they swipe the mag strip and take a thumb print. So they now know what you have and who you are. :TFH:
See how easy it was to spout BS with no proof

sorensen440
02-14-2009, 2:29 PM
They scan the box, each has a seperate I.D number. then you'll need to give them your I.D which they swipe the mag strip and take a thumb print so they know what you have and who you are. :TFH:
They are also going to be taking a DNA sample as well

Librarian
02-14-2009, 2:36 PM
That sounds like another variant of the Ammunition Accountability Act.

Now we're playing 'telephone' - first we were getting the actual emails pointing to those &*!, and now we're getting the reports from folks talking to folks who apparently didn't understand the email.

At least the warning system seems to be functioning. Anyone hear about Blue Star tattoos (http://users.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Tattoo/) recently? And I saw an adolescent male mumbling about canis lupus...

hoffman259
02-14-2009, 3:38 PM

MontClaire
02-14-2009, 3:45 PM
They scan the box, each has a seperate I.D number. then you'll need to give them your I.D which they swipe the mag strip and take a thumb print. So they now know what you have and who you are. :TFH:

What's to stop them from selling someone else's I.D and thumb print if customer pay extra for privacy?

Kid Stanislaus
02-14-2009, 3:48 PM
They are also going to be taking a DNA sample as well

They'll make you fart and capture the gas in a Mason jar.

Two Shots
02-14-2009, 3:50 PM
What's to stop them from selling someone else's I.D and thumb print if customer pay extra for privacy?

Now that you've asked.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09sf4EzctX0ja/610x.jpg

smle-man
02-14-2009, 9:32 PM
Hey guys, I asked a simple question. Thanks for the sarcasm.

sorensen440
02-14-2009, 9:39 PM
Ok all sarcasm aside the answer is no

No law exists

rayra
02-14-2009, 9:49 PM
Sarcasm aside, the OP needs to go back to that dumbass and tell him he's FOS.

joaoalegre
02-14-2009, 11:45 PM
A gun shop owner told me today that starting in April all ammunition packages/boxes sold in CA must have a unique bar code on them. He is puzzled as to the intent for this (I can think of several dark motives). Two problems that I can see right off the bat is for commercial reloaders and surplus bulk ammo packaged with individual boxes inside a sealed container such as 7.62 NATO battle packs.

Anyone else heard of this?

Maybe only on April 1st.