PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade your gun for a ROSE?

JohnnyRooks
02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090214/ap_on_fe_st/odd_guns_for_roses

nice.. i will be there soon...:p

Shane916
02-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Holy cow...

But there was no amnesty for those turning in the guns. The weapons were checked to see if they were stolen, names and addresses were jotted down and ballistics tests would also be done to see if the firearm was used in a crime.

http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/its_a_trap_cat.jpg

Blue
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
I wonder if they'd be pissed if someone turned in a bunch of guns with stuff shoved in the barrels to help out with their "ballistic testing" :thumbsup:

BigDogatPlay
02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
So whats a little entrapment one way or the other? :D

N6ATF
02-14-2009, 1:03 PM
A rose? I would only trade my gun for multiple times its worth so I could buy multiples to replace it.

Pugster
02-14-2009, 1:11 PM
I would trade in a Jennings or Lorcin so I can buy a nicer gun :)

exacto
02-14-2009, 1:16 PM
haha

that is all i can say to those poor souls who turned in their guns for their girls...

nic
02-14-2009, 1:22 PM
haha

that is all i can say to those poor souls who turned in their guns for their girls...

I think this is the definition of a relationship.
Just sayin'.

Fate
02-14-2009, 1:51 PM
EEEDIOTS!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Sephit/renAndStimpy.jpg

Kid Stanislaus
02-14-2009, 4:52 PM
All ya gotta do to get your sweetie a rose is to turn in a gun? I'd rather buy my sweetie a gun!!

cleanguy46
02-14-2009, 7:10 PM
All ya gotta do to get your sweetie a rose is to turn in a gun? I'd rather buy my sweetie a gun!!

Watch out now.....those thorns are killer! ;)

The Wingnut
02-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Just spotted this.

Expect to see more of this crap next year...

Kid Stanislaus
02-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Just spotted this.

Just spotted WHAT?!

SDgarrick
02-14-2009, 11:32 PM
We should get a calguns carpool to one of these and just catch people waiting in line... "I'll give you $75 for that dirty old Garand. What it doesn't even come with a magazine? $60."

Spiggy
02-14-2009, 11:44 PM
:D a bundle of mosin nagants

Dark&Good
02-15-2009, 1:29 AM
"Hoping to get the weapons off the streets with the "Guns for Roses" program, authorities in two central South Carolina cities set up a program where anyone who turned in a gun received a free rose and a Best Buy gift card.

At a Columbia church, five cars lined up to give away guns before the exchange had even started. At the end of the day, Columbia area police had collected 191 weapons and police in Sumter collected 32."

Does that very trendy expression mean, get the weapons away from criminals? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that criminals laughed their butts off if they heard about this nonsense... Or "get the weapons off the streets" means "take away all the weapons you can"? I think most people repeating this offdastreetz slogan have no idea if there are any guns on the streets or not.

Dark&Good
02-15-2009, 1:44 AM
"Fort Bragg, population 40,000

Large number of testosterone charged young men trained in a culture of violence, organized into one Division of 3 Brigades and several seperate Brigades and a Division and Corps Headquarters.
No restrictions on gun ownership other than junior enlisted soldiers cannot keep their guns in their barracks rooms (though many do so anyway, as do NCOs and officers). Deeply entrenched, leader encouraged gun and violence culture.
Widespread private gun ownership, constant exercises with live weapons.
Effective violent crime rate 0. Military police have to quote bicycle thefts in weekly statistics to have anything to report. A murder on post is rare enough to make national news when it happens.

Albany, NY, population 93,938

Large number of testosterone charged young men orgainzed into four major street gangs.
Heavy restrictions on gun ownership (B+ rating from the Brady Campaign)
Violent crime rate 1160 per 100,000 which is 2.07 times the national average (http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Albany&state=NY)

Obviously there is something other than guns different in these two places (Bragg has a non-corrupt police force that actually cares about order, Bragg’s violent young men are disciplined as opposed to criminal, criminality is ruthlessly rooted out and punished on Bragg as opposed to facilitated in Albany)."

( from http://blogs.timesunion.com/guntalk/?p=55 )

("Heavy restrictions on gun ownership" - "criminality is... facilitated in Albany")

Kennesaw, GA. Crime rate: 0

Gun law:
On May 1, 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-1a] requiring every head of household to maintain a firearm together with ammunition. It was passed partly in response to a 1981 handgun ban in Morton Grove, Illinois. Kennesaw's law was amended in 1983 to exempt those who conscientiously object to owning a firearm, convicted felons, those who cannot afford a firearm, and those with a mental or physical disability that would prevent them from owning a firearm. It mentions no penalty for its violation. According to the Kennesaw Historical Society, no one has ever been charged under the ordinance.

The city of Kennesaw was selected by Family Circle magazine as one of the nation's "10 best towns for families".

The Wingnut
02-16-2009, 2:57 PM
Just spotted WHAT?!

The article.

Noobert
02-16-2009, 3:07 PM
I wonder if they'd be pissed if someone turned in a bunch of guns with stuff shoved in the barrels to help out with their "ballistic testing" :thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:

battleship
02-16-2009, 3:12 PM
Im outraged that anyone would do this. what next a gun for a puppy.

jksupplyco
02-16-2009, 3:12 PM
Maybe..... :innocent:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=148715

AlexBreya
02-16-2009, 3:14 PM
i wish they would do one of these in menlo park. try to turn in some of my old airsoft guns, without the orange tips. it could maybe work...

jmzhwells
02-16-2009, 3:22 PM
i wish they would do one of these in menlo park. try to turn in some of my old airsoft guns, without the orange tips. it could maybe work...

They do it in East Palo Alto on occasion. You could try over there.

AlexBreya
02-16-2009, 3:26 PM
They do it in East Palo Alto on occasion. You could try over there.

hahahaha, i would never drive to EPA, especially with a bunch of EPAians walking around with guns.

Blue
02-16-2009, 3:28 PM
hahahaha, i would never drive to EPA, especially with a bunch of EPAians walking around with guns.

LOL no kidding. I got sent over into a bad neighborhood in EPA to pick up some steel once, and I was PISSED my boss sent me over there unarmed. I had no idea it was that bad in some places.