PDA

View Full Version : DD's Ranch 10% restock fee for items never shipped

beethical
02-14-2009, 9:37 AM
I have spent many years reading the forums and enjoying thet knowledge, but until today I had no reason to sign up and post. I know that DD's Ranch does a lot of business with Cal Guns members but the treatment I received from DD's Ranch over an order is uncalled for. I placed an order for a POF lower that I mistakenly took for the 308 version. 5 hours later when I came home after work and dinner I decided to double check the order and realized it was for the wrong lower and immediately emailed DD's ranch directly through their website and replied to their email confirmation. I was told that I would be charged 10% for my mistake, but the kicker is that the products never left their building and never shipped. My card was only temporarily authorized and I confirmed with my credit card company. DDs agreed not to charge the 10% fee and cancelled the account saying I was never allowed to buy again. I did read the 10% policy "A 10% Restocking Fee applies (provided item is repacked according to factory standards & without excess wear" I may have assumed incorrectly but if I cancel within hours of ordering and the product has not shipped and the card was temporarily charged why should I pay 10%. I'm sorry but selling to California or not that is riduculous. This may be just one bad situation but nevertheless remember that WE are your customers and your source of income.

RANT OVER...
DDS may have provided good customer service in the past and still may provide good customer service to Cal Guns members right now, but please understand you don't reference cancellations on your website. People may think twice about ordering if they knew that they would be charged with a fee for just placing an order.

UPDATE-
-Order was placed 2:58 p.m. pacific on Friday
-Cancellation was sent 10:12 p.m. pacific so I was wrong about the cancellation time.
-Email was sent to me Saturday morning 7:38 A.M. pacific stating 10% restock fee.
-Phone call was made Saturday morning around 9:00 a.m. pacific time to confirm cancellation.
-In order for this to be processed it must have been processed at 6:00 p.m Eastern on Friday (DDS said they were there till midnight running year end numbers)
There is no way for me to verify this time until I call the credit card claims department who will verify when this was processed by DDS Ranch.

RedDawn
02-14-2009, 9:50 AM
DDs agreed not to charge the 10% fee and cancelled the account saying I was never allowed to buy again.

That does sound like bad customer service. Mistakes happen, but that doesn't mean one needs to be petty about the matter.

Blue
02-14-2009, 9:57 AM
Not saying that you handled it wrong in anyway, but there is always two sides to every story, and you get more bees with honey than you do with crap. I'd venture to bet that it was somebody low on the foodchain over there that just thought they were doing their job and hasn't learned customer service yet.

socalgunrunner
02-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Why not post this in the vendor forum, and see what Dean has to say about this? I think you'll get more answers that way.

TonyM
02-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Not saying that you handled it wrong in anyway, but there is always two sides to every story, and you get more bees with honey than you do with crap.

I'll agree with that.

I've made a couple purchases with DD's and can't say anything bad about them, but I know what I want to purchase and don't cancel after I place my order. If the OP needed to cancel, IMO he should have called DD's and explained the situation. I'm pretty sure that over the phone the matter could have been resolved in a better manner and this post on Calguns shouldn't have happened.

The comment about never being able to purchase again makes me think that there is definitely something being left out the story. However, if I was Dean and saw this post (which I'm sure he will, being sponsors here), I would have to think that it was a good call to 86 this customer.

beethical
02-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I just needed to get that off my chest. DDS Ranch I will even apologize to you for this rant, it may have been a bad day for you guys. Professionally speaking the comments you made during our phone conversation and the way you handled the situation was uncalled for. I'll leave it at that and I will agree to not buy from you ever again just like you will not sell to me. To all the calguns members, just like we are fighting for our rights as gun owners do not let store owners treat unfairly or illegally. We have the purchasing power and the customers are what is driving the gun sales. Don't let gun store owners dictate their own rules, costs, fees, and taxes that aren't justified or legal.

beethical
02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Tony M I did call Dean and the comment about cancelling my account was from Dean directly. I'm sorry that I didn't call before placing my order, but I have placed many many orders online and also have purchasing responsibilities for my company. I do know that orders are placed incorrectly on a daily basis with small and large companies alike. This is the first experience I have ever had where I was charged a restock for a product never received and never shipped. I agree a phone conversation SHOULD have resolved this but the treatment I received during that phone call is what prompted this post.

jamesob
02-14-2009, 10:13 AM
were you willing to purchase the 308 lower or not? that may have been the issue. if you wanted the lower they most likely wouldn't had an issue since the 308 lower is more $.

beethical
02-14-2009, 10:18 AM
YES i wanted the 308 lower. I asked if they had one but they said no. I was willing to pay for that as well. Either way I should still have a right to cancel an order if it has not shipped. That is the point. Nothing shipped. It won't ship till Monday or Tuesday. My card was temporarily authorized per credit card company nothing has been processed on their end . Why should I as a customer have to prove my innocence in this situation. It was simple. Wrong item ordered. Correct item not in stock. No alternative or customer chooses to just plain cancel within hours. Order cancel there should be no restock for product never received. Where does this not make sense.

Blue
02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
YES i wanted the 308 lower. I asked if they had one but they said no. I was willing to pay for that as well. Either way I should still have a right to cancel an order if it has not shipped. That is the point. Nothing shipped. It won't ship till Monday or Tuesday. My card was temporarily authorized per credit card company nothing has been processed on their end . Why should I as a customer have to prove my innocence in this situation. It was simple. Wrong item ordered. Correct item not in stock. No alternative or customer chooses to just plain cancel within hours. Order cancel there should be no restock for product never received. Where does this not make sense.

So you ordered one in 5.56 (or some other smaller caliber) instead of 308, wanted to ugrade (spend more money too) they didn't have the 308 one in stock and then banned you for cancelling your order? That's not right.

jamesob
02-14-2009, 10:25 AM
if you orderd then realized you made a mistake and wanted the 308 lower, i for one would not have charged the fee. since you were willing to spend more money with me it would be worth the very little hassle to change some paper work.

jeffyboy
02-14-2009, 11:08 AM
PM sent to the OP

gn3hz3ku1*
02-14-2009, 11:45 AM
wow.. are you sure you talked to dean? lets hear from dean first...

socalgunrunner
02-14-2009, 1:19 PM
wow.. are you sure you talked to dean? lets hear from dean first...

The moderator should move this thread to the Vendor section of the forums.

audihenry
02-14-2009, 3:15 PM
Don't jump on the OP. Since the vendor is here, let the vendor come here and explain his end of the story, sponsor or not.

elSquid
02-14-2009, 3:40 PM
Either way I should still have a right to cancel an order if it has not shipped. That is the point. Nothing shipped. It won't ship till Monday or Tuesday. My card was temporarily authorized per credit card company nothing has been processed on their end .

It may not have been shipped, but it may have been processed, packaged, and labeled. Basically, he may have done all the work required for the transaction with the final remaining step being the UPS pickup. Obviously I can't say that for certain, since I don't know the exact circumstances of this transaction.

I will say that when I bought some LPKs from DDs a week or two ago, everything was shipped very quickly after I made my order.

-- Michael

Two Shots
02-14-2009, 3:50 PM
It may not have been shipped, but it may have been processed, packaged, and labeled. Basically, he may have done all the work required for the transaction with the final remaining step being the UPS pickup. Obviously I can't say that for certain, since I don't know the exact circumstances of this transaction.

I will say that when I bought some LPKs from DDs a week or two ago, everything was shipped very quickly after I made my order.

-- Michael

+1 within that 5hr window he may have started the process and had his time involved.

kcs1211
02-14-2009, 3:57 PM
That temporary charge may have cost them money as well. Credit card companies charge a % of the total cost to the seller. That temporary charge, wether credited back or not may have cost DD's money, up to 2.5-3%.

Im not saying I wouldn't be upset about the charge also, but trying to look at both sides.

I've had great experiences with DD's.

Rule .308
02-14-2009, 4:33 PM
That temporary charge may have cost them money as well. Credit card companies charge a % of the total cost to the seller. That temporary charge, wether credited back or not may have cost DD's money, up to 2.5-3%.

Im not saying I wouldn't be upset about the charge also, but trying to look at both sides.

I've had great experiences with DD's.

While you are absolutely right on this one it does not justify the poor customer service. I own my own business and have had to refund people on credit card purchases in the past and yes, it sucks big time, but what do you do, it costs you 2-3 bucks per hundred to do business with them, it sucks huge but it unfortunately is the cost of doing business. The one thing that is never certain in any retail type of business is where/what each customer is worth and where their experience with you is going to take them. I get customers that come to me from all kinds of different avenues and because you never really know what a customer represents you always go above and beyond to give them the absolute best service you can. Refunding a guy his restocking fee and telling him not to let the door hit him on the way out and to never darken your doorstep again is just poor,poor business sense, period.

jasilva
02-14-2009, 4:58 PM
While you are absolutely right on this one it does not justify the poor customer service. I own my own business and have had to refund people on credit card purchases in the past and yes, it sucks big time, but what do you do, it costs you 2-3 bucks per hundred to do business with them, it sucks huge but it unfortunately is the cost of doing business. The one thing that is never certain in any retail type of business is where/what each customer is worth and where their experience with you is going to take them. I get customers that come to me from all kinds of different avenues and because you never really know what a customer represents you always go above and beyond to give them the absolute best service you can. Refunding a guy his restocking fee and telling him not to let the door hit him on the way out and to never darken your doorstep again is just poor,poor business sense, period.

Yep, because many other potential customers like me will think twice before doing business with them. Not because I want to teach them a lesson or anything similar. I just will avoid them and the possible hassle if I can find what I want elsewhere for a similar price.

kcs1211
02-14-2009, 5:25 PM

I completely agree with you. I own a tire/auto repair business and would issue the credit immediately. I was just sharing info of what costs DD's took on. I know when I order something online, I double, and triple check before ordering, but I guess mistakes can happen.

Im interested to see DD's response.

Blue
02-14-2009, 5:31 PM
I really think this thread should get move into the vendors forum :thumbsup:

grammaton76
02-14-2009, 5:40 PM
You do realize that if it's put into DD's forum, DD's can delete it, yes?

I have received no request to move it from the OP, but I would comply if such request were made. However, my point is that the OP may well have intended to post it where DD's can't simply delete it.

Blue
02-14-2009, 5:42 PM
I didn't know that the vendors could delete threads like that. I figured that since they're from out of state, they probably don't surf our forum too much except for their own.

B.D.Dubloon
02-14-2009, 5:46 PM
Also, a lot more of us will see the post here than if it were tucked away in DDs forum. I am also very interested to hear Dean's version of events because if what the OP says is even remotely true, shame on Dean for very poor customer service.

BDD

ke6guj
02-14-2009, 5:46 PM
I didn't know that the vendors could delete threads like that.yup, they can. There was some J&J threads that went south on them and were deleted. Look at the moderator list in their forum, they are listed.

I figured that since they're from out of state, they probably don't surf our forum too much except for their own.
then just make a post on their forum pointing them to this thread.

Blue
02-14-2009, 5:52 PM
then just make a post on their forum pointing them to this thread.

fair enough :p

tankerman
02-14-2009, 5:57 PM
The moderator should move this thread to the Vendor section of the forums.No.
That section is for advertisers. It is not a level playing field.

Vigilante
02-14-2009, 6:44 PM
It may not have been shipped, but it may have been processed, packaged, and labeled...I can't say that for certain, since I don't know the exact circumstances of this transaction.

That is possible, however it is also very possible that nothing was done at all. I know that it took them 3-4 days to ship a rifle that I bought from them, and this was prior to the election "assault weapon boom." I'm not knocking them for that, as I'm generally pretty patient with these sorts of things, but it just makes me think that there was likely to have been nothing done to his order. If that was the case, then I would say shame on DDS. Of course this is just a guess, and like elSquid said in the above quote, we don't know the exact circumstances of the transaction, so it is hard to come to a conclusion.

beethical
02-14-2009, 9:19 PM
My goal in this thread mainly is to vent of some frustration. No I was not aware DDS Ranch could delete the thread but I do feel that more people would be able to see it in the general discussion forum. People really only look at DD's forums if they are looking to buy or checking in on deals. Just like Amazon.com and Midwayusa.com use reviews for items I felt that this kind of information was important enough for our current members to be aware of. In case you choose to order from DDS Ranch in the future please be sure to verify with them directly if your items are correct. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy from DDS Ranch, but all customers should be aware of potential order issues. DDS Ranch has rectified the restock fees and I will leave it at that. Please don't crucify DDS Ranch too much, instead just regard my postings as ONE customers experience and opinion on a transaction. It may or may not be useful information and the calgunners can use the information how they want. I do not want to crucify DDS Ranch regardless of how it may seem. They deserve our business as long as both parties involved can come to a fair medium concerning business transactions. This situation just didn't seem fair, and yes I understand that I am to blame as well and can accept that.

bill104
02-14-2009, 11:10 PM
:shrug: Wheres dean :popcorn:

Kestryll
02-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Just for the record, a significant part of 'being ethical' is not creating a new screen name to make negative comments about someone.

If you had an issue tell it under your original screen name, both logged on today...

B.D.Dubloon
02-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Just for the record, a significant part of 'being ethical' is not creating a new screen name to make negative comments about someone.

If you had an issue tell it under your original screen name, both logged on today...

Awesome. I like to think he just wanted the name beethical to help him make his point. If what he claims occurred di in fact occur, there is certainly no reason for him to hide. Hasn't anyone let Dean know about this?

Hey Kes, are you on any shaving forums?

BDD

Dr Rockso
02-15-2009, 12:25 AM
There's such a thing as a shaving forum? Guess someone should start a teeth-brushing forum. :43:

DD's, as with everyone else in the business, is ridiculously busy right now. Not to defend poor customer service, but I'll bet there is some reason that they gave you the "no more orders" ultimatum. Perhaps people are placing orders for difficult-to-find items just to be 'first in line', without having really committed to buying the item (like what happens all the time in the private sales forum). Not accusing you of that behavior, but maybe they suspected that's what you were doing.

beethical
02-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Signed up with my room mates spam account which forwards to his main email. I reserve my normal email for friends and family. Regardless yes the name was created to punctuate the point. I agree they might have thought I was a bad buyer for backing out but I truly ordered the wrong lower by mistake which is my fault.

Kestryll
02-15-2009, 1:18 AM

BDD
I shouldn't be surprised to hear there are shaving forums but I am! ;)
No, not yet. Although if my hair keeps thinning I'll be looking for info on scalping myself.

Signed up with my room mates spam account which forwards to his main email. I reserve my normal email for friends and family. Regardless yes the name was created to punctuate the point. I agree they might have thought I was a bad buyer for backing out but I truly ordered the wrong lower by mistake which is my fault.
I'm not worried about the email address, it's more a concern that you already have a Calguns account and started a second one for this topic.

Dupe accounts are not allowed.

jdberger
02-15-2009, 1:53 AM
Of course there are Shaving Forums!

You can't be a true Geardo without a Merkur razor.....then there's Dovo and...

fishmaniac
02-15-2009, 2:08 AM
I have spent many years reading the forums and enjoying thet knowledge, but until today I had no reason to sign up and post.

Signed up with my room mates spam account which forwards to his main email. I reserve my normal email for friends and family

I'm not worried about the email address, it's more a concern that you already have a Calguns account and started a second one for this topic.

Dupe accounts are not allowed.

Busted! He HAS to reveal his true identity now.

It would only be fair (as well as much more entertaining).

:lurk5:

B.D.Dubloon
02-15-2009, 3:23 AM
Of course there are Shaving Forums!

You can't be a true Geardo without a Merkur razor.....then there's Dovo and...

Just bought a new Dovo from a guy on here for 50 bucks. It should be here in the mail any day now. I gots me the RAD bad.

BDD

Knight
02-15-2009, 3:35 AM
Tagging this thread. I'd like to see where this goes.

I've had similar situations before where I've accidentally ordered the wrong thing and I didn't realize it until I placed the order. The two times where it has happened, I contacted the company ASAP and they changed/canceled my order with no problems.

DDs Ranch
02-15-2009, 7:23 AM
Very interesting. As the story goes, the customer ordered the item at 5:58pm our time, the order was booked out of our firearms book, processed, packaged, labled and in the UPS bin for pickup. The credit card amount was settled with the credit card processor, it was a done deal. The first attempt to contact us was by email at 1:12am (technically the next day) our time. He then called the next morning. I explained the order was processed and awaiting pickup. The customer became aggitated and beligerent(I guess I have to apologize for processing the order too quickly) Also explained to the customer the breakdown of fees we were going to be subject to that go as such: the credit card processing fee was $11.45, because the amount was sent to settlement and could not be a voided sale, we have to do a chargeback to his card that costs us a flat fee of $30.00 for a total cost to us of $41.45. This explained to him, the customer became beligerent towards me and the situation. I am all for working with someone, but this man clearly did not know how to control his anger in the simplest of situations. I did cancel the order, refund his credit card and terminate his account, not because he misordered, but because I nor anyone here should ever be subject to this man's verbal abuse again. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I can tell you that in all the years I have been in business, I have terminated no more that 5 or 6 accounts, and this guy tops the list on reasons why.

tenpercentfirearms
02-15-2009, 7:31 AM
Very interesting. As the story goes, the customer ordered the item at 5:58pm our time, the order was booked out of our firearms book, processed, packaged, labled and in the UPS bin for pickup. The credit card amount was settled with the credit card processor, it was a done deal. The first attempt to contact us was by email at 1:12am (technically the next day) our time. He then called the next morning. I explained the order was processed and awaiting pickup. The customer became aggitated and beligerent(I guess I have to apologize for processing the order too quickly) Also explained to the customer the breakdown of fees we were going to be subject to that go as such: the credit card processing fee was $11.45, because the amount was sent to settlement and could not be a voided sale, we have to do a chargeback to his card that costs us a flat fee of $30.00 for a total cost to us of $41.45. This explained to him, the customer became beligerent towards me and the situation. I am all for working with someone, but this man clearly did not know how to control his anger in the simplest of situations. I did cancel the order, refund his credit card and terminate his account, not because he misordered, but because I nor anyone here should ever be subject to this man's verbal abuse again. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I can tell you that in all the years I have been in business, I have terminated no more that 5 or 6 accounts, and this guy tops the list on reasons why.

Next time just say, "Sorry, the UPS truck just left with it."

acegunnr
02-15-2009, 7:33 AM
After watching the OP's story morph over this thread and the use of dupe accounts, and after hearing Dean's remark and having dealt with Dean on numerous occasions with excellent results...

I go with DD's Ranch.

beethical
02-15-2009, 8:01 AM
Agitated Yes. Beligerent I don't think so, but that is subjective and really only DDS and myself can really know. Verbal abuse again I disagree voices were not raised and swear words were not used, in all honesty you were more hostile about the situation I was just questioning your restock fees and disagreeing with them. If that constitutes being beligerent then I apologize but as a customer I have every right to question how you deal with my money. PERIOD.

I already PM'd Keystrell about the dupe accounts.

geeknow
02-15-2009, 8:19 AM
Beethical-

I am offended. You are trying to take advantage of Calguns and Calgunners for your own nefarious purposes. Shame on you.

I hope that your primary screen name becomes general knowledge so that all may know you for who you are, a guy who doesnt mind lying and twisting a story for personal gain. Good job fella. You must be proud.:censored:

geeknow
02-15-2009, 8:20 AM
[QUOTE=beethical;2039224] in all honesty QUOTE]

you dont get to use this phrase anymore here.

kermit315
02-15-2009, 8:28 AM
tagged to watch. I was on the OP's side till DD's chimed in. Things are suddenly much more clear, especially with the whole dupe account thing.

mark2203
02-15-2009, 8:33 AM
Sounds like a very legitimate explaination. Honestly, if anyone is willing to start a thread like this and use the word "RANT" in it, they have to be a bit volatile. Thumbs up to DDs :thumbsup:

B.D.Dubloon
02-15-2009, 8:39 AM
Yeah, I am going to have to back DD on this one.

Coat of Arms
02-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a very legitimate explaination. Honestly, if anyone is willing to start a thread like this and use the word "RANT" in it, they have to be a bit volatile. Thumbs up to DDs :thumbsup:

It always seems like whenever ANYONE says anything bad about a vendor everyone pretty much jump on the vendors jock right away. I'm so glad I never said anything about my bad exp I had with one of CALI ELITE GUN STORE OWNERS because I know people would flame on.

Retail is a tough game if you don't have good customer service then whats the point of running a company that the income you make comes from CUSTOMERS. You always have to been on your game.

Guess it's to hard to say ok let me see what I can do...... I guess I can unbook it from the firearms book, unprocess it and for god sake unpackage it because you know you don't want to break a nail or get a box cut those are dangerous and replace the order with a POF308 which is more money for you to make on the sell.

chickenfried
02-15-2009, 10:32 AM
If your story holds water people will believe you the fan boys will flame you. Besides it's only the internet, why are you so scared of a little flaming? Tell your story and maybe people will listen.

This case I believe DD more than I believe the OP.

kermit315
02-15-2009, 10:33 AM
If you have a bad experience, post it. Be prepared to back it up. Dont create an alternate account so that you can air frustration, then wonder why people stop supporting you over it.

As I said, I was with the OP till I found out it was a dupe account, then DD's came on and laid out their side. The OP shot his own character in the foot.

Coat of Arms
02-15-2009, 10:37 AM
If you have a bad experience, post it. Be prepared to back it up. Dont create an alternate account so that you can air frustration, then wonder why people stop supporting you over it.

As I said, I was with the OP till I found out it was a dupe account, then DD's came on and laid out their side. The OP shot his own character in the foot.

And how did he do that??? creating alternate accounts is bad but what does that have to do with his bad exp with a vendor??

Blue
Yeah, I am going to have to back DD on this one.

+1 who was the real OP? I never caught that part.

hawk1
How about the dupe account?
Stand up and be seen for who you really are...

And how did he do that??? creating alternate accounts is bad but what does that have to do with his bad exp with a vendor??

Goes to his credibility. Especially so if he is bending the truth...

Coat of Arms
02-15-2009, 10:41 AM
credibility.

that word gets tossed around this site to much and it's getting old!

tcrpe
02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
How about the dupe account?
Stand up and be seen for who you really are...

:gene:

chickenfried
Because it shows he didn't want what he typed associated with his "real" screen name. If what he typed was truthful and couldn't be challenged why wouldn't he use his real screen name?

Rule .308
As I stated in my original post, I have been running my own retail business for the past 10 years and have had to deal with this kind of stuff. In light of the fact that the OP does not have the backbone to post under his own name and DD's came forward and stated that the charges were clearly explained to him I have to agree with DD's, every once in a blue moon you have to fire a customer. I have done so in my business, it is not something that you really want to do but it does happen.

Beethical, you are a joke and have been outed as such.

Way to go DD's.

hawk1
02-15-2009, 10:44 AM
that word gets tossed around this site to much and it's getting old!

Yeah, those that don't have any could care less.
Easier to just dis-regard it and it's meaning now a days.

Knight
02-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I can understand the fees if it was a credit card issue and not a restocking issue.

Coat of Arms
02-15-2009, 10:50 AM
To me it doesn't seem like the OP would flip out over the phone but i guess i'm a nice guy. Charging someone for a fee for something you can undo in maybe 10-15 mins is pretty sad to me and shows the lack of backbone from some people.. I would have tried to fix the problem with no hard feelings and make the sell on the POF308.

Blue
02-15-2009, 10:51 AM
To me it doesn't seem like the OP would flip out over the phone but i guess i'm a nice guy. Charging someone for a fee for something you can undo in maybe 10-15 mins is pretty sad to me and shows the lack of backbone from some people.. I would have tried to fix the problem with no hard feelings and make the sell on the POF308.

The problem cost DD's $40 just to cancel from the credit card company.

chickenfried
02-15-2009, 10:55 AM
You mean like expecting someon else to pay the fees from your mistake?
shows the lack of backbone from some people..

RP1911
02-15-2009, 11:01 AM
I read the entire thread. I've been in both retail and online sales for the last 22 years. Gone out of my way to take care of customers no matter where the fault originated and the $ loss it cost the business. Not going to take sides in this one since it is he said and he said. No proof on either end to back it up.

I have bought stuff from DD's Ranch and have had no issues.

The only question I have is the $30 flat chargeback that Dean mentioned. I have yet to have CC processing company charge me $30 for issuing a refund on a sale. I do lose the original 2-3% processing fee on the sale. Dean, is this part of your agreement with the CC processing company?

bill104
02-15-2009, 11:02 AM
:mad::nono::90::troll::shuriken::lurk5:

Coat of Arms
02-15-2009, 11:03 AM
You mean like expecting someon else to pay the fees from your mistake?

I'm sure in the long run they both could have come up with a better way to handle it but the Customer wanted a 308 which is more money i'm sure they both could have added it up and worked it out with a new order for a POF308. But i guess working with people to were it's good for the both of you is never any good.

Darklyte27
02-15-2009, 11:03 AM
OP why dont you split the cost to DD ranch? It sucks for DD to pay for your indecisiveness. DD Ranch did nothing wrong.
You the OP, typed in your CC number and clicked submit order.

If I was one of those 20 or so Judge shows, Id award 75$ to DDs ranch for the fees and labor of processing your order and undoing the process of your order.
Only if 45$ was really the amount that was to undo the charges. that seems alot though

DDs Ranch
02-15-2009, 11:07 AM
I read the entire thread. I've been in both retail and online sales for the last 22 years. Gone out of my way to take care of customers no matter where the fault originated and the $ loss it cost the business. Not going to take sides in this one since it is he said and he said. No proof on either end to back it up.

I have bought stuff from DD's Ranch and have had no issues.

The only question I have is the $30 flat chargeback that Dean mentioned. I have yet to have CC processing company charge me $30 for issuing a refund on a sale. I do lose the original 2-3% processing fee on the sale. Dean, is this part of your agreement with the CC processing company?

Yes, chargebacks are few and far between so in negotiations with a processor that was willing to allow online firearms transactions, one thing we had to agree to is a $30.00 chargeback fee.

Coat of Arms
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
ahh crap happens.

Have a good day everyone.

RP1911
02-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks Dean for your response.

In that case. I'm with Dean as far as recouping the fees.

bill104
02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
I think I have to go with Dean, mainly for the op feeling he needs to hide who he is.:lurk5:

WokMaster1
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
+1 more for Dean. You know what they say. If it looks & smells like turd, it is turd......;)

5150Marcelo
02-15-2009, 12:16 PM
+1 who was the real OP? I never caught that part.

Wes.

LOL

JK:p

5150Marcelo
02-15-2009, 12:21 PM
DDs FTMFW!!!

DDs Ranch
02-15-2009, 12:28 PM
DDs FTMFW!!!

Sure wish I knew what that meant

5150Marcelo
02-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Sure wish I knew what that meant

It means
For The Mother F***ing Win!

Dont worry Dean. Its a good thing. I am a repeat cutomer of yours and will continue to be:thumbsup:

BTW, you carry Tikka rifles?

ke6guj
02-15-2009, 12:31 PM
FTW is commonly known as "For The Win". FTMFW sure looks like "For The Mother F'in Win".

5150Marcelo
02-15-2009, 12:32 PM
FTW is commonly known as "For The Win". FTMFW sure looks like "For The Mother F'in Win".

:thumbsup::D

USN CHIEF
02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
DD's FTMFWMF!!!!! I have heard nothing but great things about DD's ranch and will continue to recommend people to your shop Dean.

dondo
02-15-2009, 1:19 PM
DD's ranch absolutely rules the planet. Their customer service is all time. I knew from the 1st page that the OP had to have blown it on the phone. In all my dealings with DD's they have always been extremely fair and professional.

audihenry
02-15-2009, 1:38 PM
What I know is this forum almost always sides with the sponsors and for good reason: sponsors pay money. However, is it really good customer service to one, charge a $30 chargeback fee (unheard of) and two, cancel his account and told they didn't want to deal with him again?

For me, customer service goes beyond dollars and cents. In my businesses, I've taken small losses so that my customers would be happy and satisfied, and that's why more than half of my business is repeat customers.

Imagine if Fry's or Barnes & Noble charged you an arm and a leg for a simple mistake. Who would ever go back? They bend backwards to treat you, the customer, like a king, whether or not the mistake is yours or theirs.

Just food for thought.

DDs Ranch
02-15-2009, 2:03 PM
What I know is this forum almost always sides with the sponsors and for good reason: sponsors pay money. However, is it really good customer service to one, charge a $30 chargeback fee (unheard of) and two, cancel his account and told they didn't want to deal with him again?

For me, customer service goes beyond dollars and cents. In my businesses, I've taken small losses so that my customers would be happy and satisfied, and that's why more than half of my business is repeat customers.

Imagine if Fry's or Barnes & Noble charged you an arm and a leg for a simple mistake. Who would ever go back? They bend backwards to treat you, the customer, like a king, whether or not the mistake is yours or theirs.

Just food for thought.

Again, it is not about the money. He was told that his order had processed and became beligerent. I have no problem eating the money (which I did) It would not be the first time money was absorbed in the name of customer service, but I would not treat anyone like he did or say things like that man said. Anyone who knows my track record knows that I am pretty easy going and accomodating. Perhaps if you heard how this man presented himself you would more understand why I no longer want him as a customer.

hawk1
02-15-2009, 2:07 PM
Again, it is not about the money. He was told that his order had processed and became beligerent. I have no problem eating the money (which I did) It would not be the first time money was absorbed in the name of customer service, but I would not treat anyone like he did or say things like that man said. Anyone who knows my track record knows that I am pretty easy going and accomodating. Perhaps if you heard how this man presented himself you would more understand why I no longer want him as a customer.

Sad thing is, we know who you are, but the op still hasn't owned up to who he is. Be nice to know...

chickenfried
02-15-2009, 2:35 PM
Why should we care, we're not paying the bills? But I see what you're sayiing. Some vendors on here, that I personally wouldn't do business with, have some rabid fans. But DD's doesn't have that kind of cult following. When was the last time you saw a complaint about DD's?

What I know is this forum almost always sides with the sponsors and for good reason: sponsors pay money.

newtothis
02-15-2009, 2:54 PM
I've made several purchases DD and will again. That said, I think vendors should state these policies clearly and prominently during the purchase process so there are no surprises. I didn't read this thread throughly though so I don't know if DDs does so.

tcrpe
02-15-2009, 8:40 PM
Sad thing is, we know who you are, but the op still hasn't owned up to who he is. Be nice to know...

megavolt121
02-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Very interesting. As the story goes, the customer ordered the item at 5:58pm our time, the order was booked out of our firearms book, processed, packaged, labled and in the UPS bin for pickup. The credit card amount was settled with the credit card processor, it was a done deal. The first attempt to contact us was by email at 1:12am (technically the next day) our time. He then called the next morning. I explained the order was processed and awaiting pickup. The customer became aggitated and beligerent(I guess I have to apologize for processing the order too quickly)Also explained to the customer the breakdown of fees we were going to be subject to that go as such: the credit card processing fee was $11.45, because the amount was sent to settlement and could not be a voided sale, we have to do a chargeback to his card that costs us a flat fee of $30.00 for a total cost to us of $41.45. This explained to him, the customer became beligerent towards me and the situation. I am all for working with someone, but this man clearly did not know how to control his anger in the simplest of situations. I did cancel the order, refund his credit card and terminate his account, not because he misordered, but because I nor anyone here should ever be subject to this man's verbal abuse again. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I can tell you that in all the years I have been in business, I have terminated no more that 5 or 6 accounts, and this guy tops the list on reasons why.

Dean,

Are you saying that the customer not only canceled his sale, but called his credit card company to contest the charge/start a charge back before he called you for verbal confirmation of his cancellation?!

Echidin
02-15-2009, 10:29 PM
That does sound rather ridiculous, sorry to hear it happened to you.

Why not post this in the vendor forum, and see what Dean has to say about this? I think you'll get more answers that way.

This seems like it could lead to a possible solution. :thumbsup:

B.D.Dubloon
02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I previously was on the OP's side before Dean posted his version of events based on the idea that no one would make up that much garbage. Sorry I ever doubted you Dean, it just seemed so plausible till we heard about his using a new account and all that shady stuff.

BDD

jasilva
02-15-2009, 10:49 PM
I previously was on the OP's side before Dean posted his version of events based on the idea that no one would make up that much garbage. Sorry I ever doubted you Dean, it just seemed so plausible till we heard about his using a new account and all that shady stuff.

BDD

+1

Joe

tcrpe
02-16-2009, 6:06 AM

Harbinger
02-16-2009, 6:56 AM
Can we get the thread title changed to something less inflammatory (since we know it to be false)... or perhaps move this to DD's vendor section so he can edit the title or delete it if he so wishes?

If I were DD's Ranch, I'd be frustrated to see this thread getting bumped in General (which I've now done... sorry!).

Mike

PIRATE14
02-16-2009, 7:03 AM
Can we get the thread title changed to something less inflammatory (since we know it to be false)... or perhaps move this to DD's vendor section so he can edit the title or delete it if he so wishes?

If I were DD's Ranch, I'd be frustrated to see this thread getting bumped in General (which I've now done... sorry!).

Mike

Seems like the title is right if ya ask me......nothing was shipped and the customer wasn't happy about his 10% restocking fee....

tcrpe
02-16-2009, 7:10 AM

So you gave his money and back and banned him for misbehaving.

Sounds reasonable to me, he has nothing to complain about.

I've never been your customer, but wouldn't hesitate to do so in the future.

technique
02-16-2009, 7:37 AM
interesting thread.... looks somewhat resolved. Except for the OPs identity.

The only thing it leaves me with is this,
I live with a CGer...wonder if we look like the same person...LOL

tcrpe
02-16-2009, 7:57 AM
interesting thread.... looks somewhat resolved. Except for the OPs identity.

technique
02-16-2009, 8:06 AM

are you the OP? Every time someone wnats to know who the OP is...you post this guy....:gene:

:p

5150Marcelo
02-16-2009, 8:16 AM
Hey Dean, do you have any Tikka rifles?

tcrpe
02-16-2009, 8:18 AM
are you the OP? Every time someone wnats to know who the OP is...you post this guy....:gene::p

No.

DDs Ranch
02-16-2009, 8:20 AM
Seems like the title is right if ya ask me......nothing was shipped and the customer wasn't happy about his 10% restocking fee....

The customer was not charged any restocking fee, he received a full refund

mark2203
02-16-2009, 8:43 AM
Why should we care, we're not paying the bills? But I see what you're sayiing. Some vendors on here, that I personally wouldn't do business with, have some rabid fans. But DD's doesn't have that kind of cult following. When was the last time you saw a complaint about DD's?

I agree. And don't F*** with the Jesus

http://www.upitall.com/Public/Pictures/Jesus-quintana.jpg

PIRATE14
02-16-2009, 8:54 AM
The customer was not charged any restocking fee, he received a full refund

HHMM...that's not good....typical internet blackmail....

Just like the friend of a friend who claims we swapped uppers....

Go....DDs Ranch...:thumbsup:

Get some...

high_revs
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear you had to suck up the charges DDs Ranch! Great to hear the "other" side of the story.. If it was my fault, I'd man-up and suck up the restocking. DDs's a great vendor and I always look forward to being a repeat customer of theirs. :)

technique
02-16-2009, 3:55 PM
No.

just checking:)

vega
02-16-2009, 4:16 PM
...wonder if we look like the same person...LOL
+1. My son sometimes use my computer.

DD's Ranch thanks for supporting California.

aplinker
02-16-2009, 6:01 PM
These are the "Days of our Calguns"

DDs did nothing wrong. OP should have read his purchasing agreement. They have their policy, which they negated to be nice.

10% restocking fee is pretty low, too.

I don't see how the customer service was "bad." He just didn't like the fact that his mistake cost him $.

tcrpe
02-16-2009, 6:58 PM
just checking:)