PDA

View Full Version : Paint it orange?

Meplat
02-13-2009, 8:49 PM
Is there any law against painting your handgun orange? If you had a green plastic holster with a yellow smilieface and some big silver conchoes with tassels, holding a solid orange pistol, I'll bet it would reduce the MWG calls for open carriers. But, you may experience a spike in 5150s.:thumbsup:

SwissFluCase
02-13-2009, 8:55 PM
There is such a law in NYC. So it's been thought of by he anti's...

Regards,

SwissFluCase

PolishMike
02-13-2009, 8:57 PM
If your looking to get yourself arrested just carry it loaded.

ViPER395
02-13-2009, 9:13 PM
Paint it solid blue.

Telperion
02-13-2009, 9:34 PM
CPC 12020.3. Any person who, for commercial purposes, purchases, sells, manufacturers, ships, transports, distributes, or receives a firearm, where the coloration of the entire exterior surface of the firearm is bright orange or bright green, either singly, in combination, or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, is liable for a civil fine in an action brought by the city attorney of the city or the district attorney for the county of not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000).

DDT
02-13-2009, 9:44 PM
CPC 12020.3. Any person who, for commercial purposes, purchases, sells, manufacturers, ships, transports, distributes, or receives a firearm, where the coloration of the entire exterior surface of the firearm is bright orange or bright green, either singly, in combination, or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, is liable for a civil fine in an action brought by the city attorney of the city or the district attorney for the county of not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000).

What does this have to do with the question at hand? I don't believe the weapon in question would have been purchased for commercial purposes.

Telperion
02-13-2009, 9:56 PM
It restricts what he might be able to do with the pistol. The OP didn't say, for example, if he was a commercial Duracoat refinisher, or whether he wanted to have it painted by a professional. Context matters, so I cited the relevant code, and he can decide if it applies to his situation.

Dark&Good
02-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Why is orange and green soooo baaad? :eek:

yellowfin
02-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Why is orange and green soooo baaad? :eek:If you're a Florida State fan it's bad because that's Miami's colors.

Meplat
02-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Your kidding, right?:TFH:

Anthonysmanifesto
02-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Why is orange and green soooo baaad? :eek:

set aside for toys.

SJgunguy24
02-13-2009, 10:47 PM
What if you paint it rainbow and went around San Francisco passing out condoms and just say your fighting STD's. You might have to wear leather to get away with it but who cares:eek:

jumbopanda
02-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Just use hot pink instead.

triaged
02-14-2009, 11:35 PM
I think this color
http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/store/images/large/BlueGun_LongGuns_LRG.jpg

or this color might be good options.
http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/store/images/large/ASP_RG_Handguns_LRG.jpg

user5412
02-15-2009, 8:14 AM
Aren't some of those colors set aside for training or toy weapons? Might be a bad idea...

savs2k
02-15-2009, 11:50 AM
just clear coat it =D

motorhead
02-15-2009, 12:23 PM
i suppose safety orange is a bad color for muzzle brakes.

TheBundo
02-15-2009, 12:34 PM
just clear coat it =D

Yeah, invisible paint is cool. Actually, the Japanese are working on, and I've seen demos on TV, an invisibility cloak. No, I'm not kidding, it's a real hi-tech way of re-directing light. Do some searches, you'll see

Meplat
02-15-2009, 12:48 PM
The 92 is a bit busy, but the 1911 is quite handsome in red.;)

I think this color
http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/store/images/large/BlueGun_LongGuns_LRG.jpg

or this color might be good options.
http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/store/images/large/ASP_RG_Handguns_LRG.jpg

usp45
02-15-2009, 2:58 PM
12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a firearm, I've thought of this but after reading this I changed my mind.

squishyhead
02-15-2009, 3:37 PM
I hope not, you've just described 2/3 of my handguns!:whistling:

pTa
02-15-2009, 3:45 PM
Ok, understood- making toys look real and vice versa are offences

rayra
02-15-2009, 5:00 PM
Is there any law against painting your handgun orange? If you had a green plastic holster with a yellow smilieface and some big silver conchoes with tassels, holding a solid orange pistol, I'll bet it would reduce the MWG calls for open carriers. But, you may experience a spike in 5150s.:thumbsup:

How drug-addled does a person have to be, to come up with something this stupid?

motorhead
02-16-2009, 11:24 AM
i guess i'm too old and conservative. i like blue and dark black park. hell, i don't even like stainless.