PDA

View Full Version : SPF-Reluctantly WTS-M1A Standard Walnut stock-SPF

timmyb21
02-13-2009, 5:01 PM
Okay, this isn't your typical for sale ad. First, some backstory. In the past 2 months I have had my hours cut in half at one of my jobs and I just found out today that my position is being eliminated at the other job that I have had for the last 4 years. I thought the medical field was supposed to be immune to this crap, but oh well.

So, this is the deal. I have a brand new, never fired, still in the box Standard M1A. It's so new, it's still at the shop I bought it from. I have it on layaway. This is what I'm looking for. Total cost with tax and DOJ fee is $1688.40. I have $700 put down on it right now. I also have 4 CMI 20 roud rebuild kits, 1 CMI 10 round mag, one SA 10 round mag, and 1 OD green nylon sling that I will add to the package. I need the $700 cash for me plus the $988.40 left on the balance. Total is in bold, transfer must be done in Fresno, CA at The Range Pistol Club. If anyone is interested please help me and my wife out in this scary time. She can't find work (elementary school teacher) and I'm only working on average 22 hours a week right now. We are scraping by and the savings account is quickly being depleted. Thank you all, please respond by PM or e mail me @ fresnoscca@comcast.net

Cliffs notes: New M1A FS, $1688.40 OTD with extras, must me transferred at The Range pistol club in Fresno. :(

AvyDriver
02-13-2009, 5:15 PM
Bump to help someone out. Take it from me whose been trying to buy one of these for the past 5 months. They are out of stock EVERYWHERE with no expectation of being restocked anytime soon.

Sadly I am in the same boat and cant help you out either.

mcsoupman
02-13-2009, 5:25 PM
Hope you can get this thing sold.

liketoshoot
02-13-2009, 5:45 PM
I just bought a scout, but I'm looking to see if something is possable. I wonder can this be transfered to my local FFL or does it have to finish up dros time in your FFL?
Sending PM

user name
02-13-2009, 8:41 PM
babump

Warhawk014
02-13-2009, 10:42 PM
we will see what my tax returns get me. if its clost to it i will let you know. sorry about the situation. its tough out there. keep your chin up.

CaliforniaLiberal
02-14-2009, 9:26 AM
Hope your tough times lighten up soon Timmyb21.

Will you be able to post a picture? I know it's in the shop on layaway, but a picture would help a lot. I want to see what THIS one looks like. Also, I have to sell this deal to my financial counselor/bunky and if I can make her fall in love with the picture it goes a lot easier. I already love this gun.

Is this the model? http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=42

.308 Winchester (7.56 NATO)
Barrel 22" 6 Groove, 1:11 R Hand Twist, Parkerized
Sights Military Post and Apertrue, Windage and Elevation
Trigger 2 Stage Military Trigger, 5-6 Lbs.

Springfield Part No. MA9102 CA

(CA for California legal)

Sorry for all the questions. I've been reading online trying to put it all together. Is it understood that a "Standard M1A" is a Springfield Armory gun? Will someone here give a short explanation of how the M1 Carbine, the Springfield M1A and the Ruger Mini 14 relate to each other?

And just to clarify, you need $700 cash, then $988.40 to the Range Pistol Club in Fresno. Is there any layaway time left or would the sale need to be completed immediately? And you have the two mags and four rebuild kits already and can deliver them at the time of the cash payment to you?

I'll be talking with the woman down the hall.

CL

skscj
02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
PM sent

River Jack
02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
CL,

I'm not the seller, but you should do a search (recommend Google) to see the difference between the M1 carbine, M1A, and Ruger mini 14. They are all very different guns and calibers. You will get lots of info. on all of them, trust me.

The seller clearly states that his is the Standard M1A made by Springfield Armory. So, the link you posted from Springfield Armory is the gun he's selling.

I would be all over this, if I hadn't just spent all my fun money on other cool toys. Bump for a what will surely be a nice rifle that is in huge demand right now!

RJ

gn3hz3ku1*
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM
this is a great deal in this obama time

Neil McCauley
02-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Goodluck on the sale, camel hump bump

timmyb21
02-14-2009, 5:10 PM
Yes, it is a Springfield Armory. I was told that it would be 90 days from the time I put it on layaway to pay it off. That's in 3 days. The owner told me I can take as long as I like to pay it off, he knows about my situation too. I figured I don't know how long that would be and I'm sure someone could use this thing now. I'm not making money on this, just freeing up the $700 I already have put in it. I might go put another $50 bucks on it just to keep it current. Thanks for all the interest, kind words, and well wishes.

I would also accept donations to pay the thing off and keep it! ;)

DNA
02-14-2009, 9:16 PM
M1A - .308 battle rifle, the military full auto version is the M14 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1a

M! Carbine - .30 Carbine rifle, smaller than M1A. Has pistol version called the enforcer (neat little bugger) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbine

Ruger Mini14 - .223 carbine - well, shoots .223, less expensive than ARs and according to some, no where near as accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini14

Dan

timmyb21
02-15-2009, 4:42 PM
Bump...look at my M1A and buy it! Never fired! Still in box! I'm poor!

liketoshoot
02-16-2009, 9:48 AM
Bump for a good deal,

Conehead
02-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Tim, as in El Presidente? Didn't realize it was you until I saw your scca email address. Bump for you. This is a real stand up guy!!

Black WRXguy

timmyb21
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Tim, as in El Presidente? Didn't realize it was you until I saw your scca email address. Bump for you. This is a real stand up guy!!

Black WRXguy

Yup. That's me. Still planning to get out and autocross again, just no money. I finished school and can't get a job. Ashley finished school and can't get a job, Fresno and Clovis Unified are both in a hiring freeze. It sucks. Thanks for the bump! As soon as I get some cash we can go shoot!

showerbabies
02-16-2009, 7:34 PM
<PM sent>

Seesm
02-16-2009, 9:27 PM
Yes, it is a Springfield Armory. I was told that it would be 90 days from the time I put it on layaway to pay it off. That's in 3 days. The owner told me I can take as long as I like to pay it off, he knows about my situation too. I figured I don't know how long that would be and I'm sure someone could use this thing now. I'm not making money on this, just freeing up the $700 I already have put in it. I might go put another $50 bucks on it just to keep it current. Thanks for all the interest, kind words, and well wishes.

I would also accept donations to pay the thing off and keep it! ;)

We too are struggling the last year so I get what your going through...

I will however "IF" you keep it (somehow) toss $25 bucks your way to help you along... I am bummed people have to sell there pride and joys... And your deal is worse cuz you did not even get to fire it... Just a bummer.

I wish you the best. Let us know how everything settles out for you and your lady. Wishing all the best for you... :)

akira
02-17-2009, 1:03 PM
gl on sale, free bump

timmyb21
02-17-2009, 11:51 PM
SPF, sadly. Thanks for all the help and well wishes guys. This forum rocks!

CaliforniaLiberal
02-18-2009, 3:21 PM
Thank God!!

It was killing me knowing it was still for sale and that I wasn't going to buy it.

Good Luck to you Timmyb21, Everything passes, the wheel is always turning, you will buy more beautiful guns some day.

CL