PDA

View Full Version : OLL Travel Scenario

ChessRatz
02-13-2009, 2:04 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if someone was to travel by car in California could that person run into some unexpected OLL trouble if the following three facts were true?
1. Traveling with (2) OLL builds.
One is.223 center fire with a bullet button installed.
One is 22LR build with NO bullet button installed.
2. Travel in a small car does not allow for larger Two Rifle Case.
3. Person separated both uppers from both lowers to store in smaller locked case.

Now without getting into all the arguments about unlawful search, could this person end up getting charged with an AW felony?

hawk1
02-13-2009, 2:09 PM
To ask if you could get "charged" for AW felony, then I would say anything is possible.
Just think, hypothetically, you could get "charged" with prostitution as well. You know you didn't do anything wrong, but....

1BigPea
02-13-2009, 2:23 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if someone was to travel by car in California could that person run into some unexpected OLL trouble if the following three facts were true?
1. Traveling with (2) OLL builds.
One is.223 center fire with a bullet button installed.
One is 22LR build with NO bullet button installed.
2. Travel in a small car does not allow for larger Two Rifle Case.
3. Person separated both uppers from both lowers to store in smaller locked case.
Now without getting into all the arguments about unlawful search, could this person end up getting charged with an AW felony?

Those are your two problems, who's to say you weren't planning on putting the center fire EBR on the Non-BB lower?

Play it safe, leave upper and lower attached and travel with a mag attached to the EBR with the BB.

ChessRatz
02-13-2009, 2:28 PM
That seemed to be what I was thinking but I could also see how someone might not think it through and end up in trouble.