View Full Version : Instead of complaining about bad dealers ,lets post some good ones.

02-12-2009, 5:41 PM
I keep seeing people post when they are unhappy or feel burned by a dealer ,so let's share some of the dealers that we rate at 100%.
I'll go first. { Please save the "group hug "till the end of the thread }
Gusslers, in Santee ,Ca 619-258-2543 Don goes out of his way to answer questions and has always been great on service .

Black Majik
02-12-2009, 5:46 PM
I'll start then.

Ade's Gunshop
Saddleback Valley (Hey, I like em')
Elite Firearms
OC Armory
Turners Orange
Turners Fountain Valley
Turners West Covina
Turners Signal Hill
Turners Chino Hills
Turners Pasedena
Martin B. Rettings
Fowlers (overpriced but decent people)
Stockade (same)
Bright Spot Pawn

02-12-2009, 5:56 PM
Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley:thumbsup:

02-12-2009, 6:06 PM
Ten Percent Firearms
Ole Boys Outdoors
Ammo Dump

02-12-2009, 6:08 PM
hmmm... not nearly as entertaining...

River Jack
02-12-2009, 6:10 PM
Bright Spot Pawn
Cold War Shooters (I know, I know, but they've been great to me! So, no complaints here. If I don't like the price on something, I get it somewhere else and all is good.)

02-12-2009, 6:15 PM
City Arms In Pacifica
Tabor's Shooters Supply in San Bruno

Black Majik
02-12-2009, 6:17 PM
Bright Spot Pawn
Cold War Shooters (I know, I know, but they've been great to me! So, no complaints here. If I don't like the price on something, I get it somewhere else and all is good.)

Thanks, I forgot about BSP.

02-12-2009, 6:22 PM
I've had great service from...

Ade's Gun Shop (Orange)
Bright Spot Pawn (Riverside)
Cold War Shooters (Highland)
Dave's Indoor Gun & Archery (San Bernardino)

Tier One Arms
02-12-2009, 6:25 PM
Get A Gun, Bakersfield

02-12-2009, 6:39 PM
i have had great service from the following. (not in any particular order)

Bud's Gun Shop
Bain & Davis
J&J Armory
Optics Planet
The Armory
Minuteman Firearms
Spike's Tactical
Defensive Edge

rumble phish
02-12-2009, 6:42 PM
I've used Sierra Arms Corp. in Modesto. Good shop, good guys, decent prices. I give them an "A"

Barnwood Arms in Ripon is good, too. but I don't think they're dealing with black rifles right now.

02-12-2009, 6:44 PM
1. Ades
2. RifleGear
3. DD's Ranch

Solid customer service, great prices, a complete lack of bad attitudes.

rumble phish
02-12-2009, 6:45 PM
Ahh yes, RifleGear. They have taken quite a bit of my money :up:

Always good to deal with.

02-12-2009, 6:56 PM
Also...Brightspot Pawn. Despite being a million miles away from my house and the rows and rows of crap on the shelves AND the drunk guy trying to sell them 3 D batteries, yep...3 d batteries, the guys there were so friendly, knowledgeable and fast. Awesome.

02-12-2009, 6:59 PM

02-12-2009, 7:04 PM
Buckhorns - Glendora, nice guy, no OLL's though:(
Gunrunners- Duarte, OLL friendly

02-12-2009, 7:12 PM
Badger Johns Huntin' Stuff in Sacramento.

02-12-2009, 7:31 PM
Badger Johns Huntin' Stuff in Sacramento.

+1 for Badge Johns!!!
River city exchange (in Sac is cool too.)
Irvington Arms is cool too!!!

Not really dealers but good people anyway

Rogers Relics (transfer dealer Santa Clara.)
M24armorer (gunsmith and MFG.) - can do anything
AR15barrels (gunsmith/gun guy)

02-12-2009, 7:52 PM
***edited....I'm keeping this gem a secret.

02-12-2009, 8:20 PM
I have had good dealings with the following: J&G Sales, LAN World and City Arms.

02-12-2009, 8:24 PM
Didn't read all of them so someone might have already said...

Oak Tree Gun Club in Santa Clarita. Great prices and great people

02-12-2009, 8:29 PM
Ten Percent Firearms
Ole Boys Outdoors
Ammo Dump

LOL, I don't see you-know-who . . . .

02-12-2009, 8:39 PM
1) The staff at City Arms in Pacifica is always helpful...at helping me spend my money.
2) Tabor's in San Bruno is helpful, and they have a lot of good accessories.
3) Jackson Arms in South San Francisco has a great staff. They don't sell a lot of guns because they're a range, but their prices are good. They are also good about doing FTF transfers.
4) Irvington Arms in Fremont is always very helpful. They always have cool stuff.
5) I went to Sportsmen's Supply in Campbell once, and they were great. Even with a store full of people somebody spent a lot of time to help me find some cheap parts I needed.

02-12-2009, 8:49 PM
Locally for anything that I need:

J&J Armory

JTAC Supplies
Rainier Arms
PK Firearms
Henderson Defense
AIM Surplus
Bravo Company
DSG Arms

For those with Mil/LEO/Security credential:

GT Distribution

02-12-2009, 9:08 PM
Gusslers, in Santee ,Ca [/B]619-258-2543 Don goes out of his way to answer questions and has always been great on service .
+10 and Fine Firearms in La Mesa, too.

02-12-2009, 9:22 PM
Kerley's in Cupertino.
You will never find better service. They actually put up with constant harassing phone calls from some liberal group in the area.

02-12-2009, 9:24 PM
TenPercent Firearms
NorCal Black Rifle Gear

and all of the rest of the site sponsors!!

02-12-2009, 9:41 PM
I think Ade's gun shop is so friendly, and everyone there gives
100%. They are always so busy, but still they are always
curtious and warm. Thanks Guys

02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
TenPercent Firearms
NorCal Black Rifle Gear

and all of the rest of the site sponsors!!

:eek: holy crap..I forgot..

JK supply co is the shizznit!!!!!!!!

Obviously a Plant
02-13-2009, 1:03 AM
PK Firearms should get a medal for keeping their stock listed in real-time on their web-site. Well priced, quick shipping... an ideal online transaction.

02-13-2009, 1:15 AM
PRK fresno...

02-13-2009, 3:01 AM
TargetMasters West

02-13-2009, 3:19 AM
1) JK Supply Co. Ione, CA.. Probably the best experence I have had buying a firearm ever. I wish I lived closer however..
2) J&G Gunsmithing in Granite Bay.. Great friendly little shop with a good selection.
3) The-Range Grass Valley, CA.. I love to shoot there.. Great staff.
4) RCGE Sacramento.. Best local stop for OLL goodies..

02-13-2009, 5:21 AM
GOTTA give props to Uncle Paul's Exchange in Ventura!!

I don't buy locally from anybody else, he's my exclusive! I don't mind dealing too much with Shooter's Paradise, but everything is overpriced there, and you have to deal with the cattle call for customer service. I really only go there to shoot. (If UPE had a range too, I'd never have to go to Shooter's!!)

Also, +1 for DD's Ranch! :thumbsup:

02-13-2009, 5:37 AM
Rob Blank at RMB in Milpitas

02-13-2009, 5:51 AM
Metco Firearms, Fairfield, CA
Triple A's Sporting Goods, Vallejo, CA
DD's Ranch

02-13-2009, 6:06 AM
Hoffmeyer's in Grass Valley

02-13-2009, 6:43 AM
Can't forget Dean!

DD's Ranch Rocks!

02-13-2009, 6:49 AM
1. Gusslers
2. Addax Tactical
3. BSP
4. Ade's
5. Ammo Bro's
6. Royal pawn and loan

02-13-2009, 7:38 AM
CalArmory (http://calarmory.com/) ... his reputation continues to grow in the Northern California region. He's simply one of the nicest people you'll ever deal with when it comes to firearms. And he doesn't charge and arm and a leg for his services.

And if you're looking to get your firearm duracoated, I recommend giving him a call just to compare his prices to others out there (or on gun pricing, for that matter).

Here's an example of some of his duracoating work ...

02-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Ten Percent Firearms
Ole Boys Outdoors
Ammo Dump

I'd add 2nd Amendment, you just have to know who to ask for. The few times I've been into Valley Gun have been pretty good too.

I've had good experiences at both Badger John's and RCGE.

02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Duncan's Gunworks
San Marcos

Dwayne has always given me great service. Sadly, I think he's moved on to New Mexico to retire. The rest of the staff seems very friendly and knowledgeable.

02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Castro Valley gun shop -

rumble phish
02-13-2009, 1:22 PM
I'd add 2nd Amendment, you just have to know who to ask for.

2nd Amendment in Bakersfield?

maybe that was the problem the three or four times I went in there. TOTAL DICKHEADS!

Guess I just didn't ask for the right guy.....

02-13-2009, 4:39 PM
In San Diego, I like:

Royal Loan
California Police Equipment

Too Swole
02-13-2009, 4:48 PM
River City Gun Exchange in Sac..been going there for years and I have never had a problem.

02-13-2009, 4:56 PM
I'd add 2nd Amendment, you just have to know who to ask for.

Right, as long as you don't get an eighteen-year-old know-it-all with a molestache . . . . . . .

02-13-2009, 4:56 PM
Easley's in Visalia for reloading
Ed's Reloading Bench in Terra Bella for hospitality and reloading knowledge. Always willing to share the secret recipe.

Cru Jones
02-13-2009, 8:22 PM
Gun Canyon - Will bend over backwards to help you out, get what you want.

JK Supply - Customer Service is Second To None!

Online Shops I've Purchased from with Excellent Results...

Addax Tactical
Rainier Arms

02-13-2009, 9:58 PM
Addax, midway, and riflegear rock. They're the primary people I order stuff from. Gotten far too much stuff from aimsurplus, ammunitiontogo, and jgsales as well. Hoping to do business with wideners soon also.

Kid Stanislaus
02-14-2009, 6:49 AM
Well lets see here. Up in the Sakammena area I've had good experiences at River City Gun Exchange, Trapper John's, and Wild sports. Closer to home there's Barnwood Arms in Ripon, Guns & Ammo in Oakdale, Bilson's in Turlock and Alquist in the same town. I've forgotten the name of the shop in Jamestown & I've never purchased anything there but they seem like nice folk. The only place I'd call a dog in this area is Ronning Arms in Modesto. There's also the Glock store in Ceres, the guy seems nice but the shop is really cluttered, makes me uneasy. All in all, doing business in gun shops has been a positive experience for me.

02-14-2009, 8:23 AM
Oh, and anglins second hand store, they rock with 25 dollar transfer fees if they're taking in a gun for anybody. It always costs me 50 to take in a gun and dros it no matter where its coming from and no matter how many guns I get. I drosed 3 lowers and he charged me 50 bucks!!!

02-14-2009, 2:02 PM
I haven't actually bought with Independent Arms Co. but so far I've been treated really, really well.

I did a PPT with a CalGunner at the Turner's in Norwalk with also good treatment.

02-14-2009, 8:33 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: 2 Thumbs up for Irvington Arms and Henderson Defense.

02-14-2009, 9:15 PM
Irvington Arms
Big 5
Bud's Gunshop
RMB Enterprises
Target Masters
Classic Arms (still good guys after initial issues with new owners)
Sniper Country PX
Lancaster Arms
Fulton Armory
White Oak Armament
Bravo Company USA
Denny's Guns
and the list goes on.

02-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Big Horn Guns in Shingle Springs - a bunch of good ol' boys who'll spend an hour or more with you if you need it. Never pushy, truly interested in finding the right gun for you. I was actually talked out of something more expensive because it didn't exactly fit my needs.

Newtown Firearms in Placerville - knowledgeable and friendly, a good selection of modern arms.

02-15-2009, 3:27 PM
Ade's has been the best gun shop I have dealt with in years. Its a shame that he is disengaging and selling the shop. He will be around some and hopefully the flavor or the place will not change.

I have been less than thrilled with several others who stock much more things but are downright arrogant. I am always disgusted by those who have the "we-don't-really-need-you" attitudes. (Folwers/Stockade)

Turner's is ok but sometimes the guys behind the counter talk a bit beyond their expertise. I am always amused when I hear someone spouting off about the "cops all carry this model" of whatever gun they are pushing...Not necessarily bad guns by any stretch just a bit beyond helpful and pushing towards know it all.

As to Ade's I have heard a few grumbles about the guys working there but considering the tight quarters they work in and the mobs they deal with I think they do a pretty damn good job. Andrew, Pat and Steve all do the best they can. I have seen them (time permitting) spend a great deal of time with potential customers...of course when they are slammed...well they are slammed.

I truly hope the new "owners" recognize Ade has built a loyal customer base. We come back because Ade's sells guns. Not a bunch of other stuff just guns. I realize some shows have other stuff they try to sell to get by but that's not what I want in a gun store. (Hence why I seldom go to the OC Fair gunshows....they sell more things unrealted to guns then they do guns. Jewelry, dolls, shoes, wallets...WTF?) Please, please stick to what works. Listen to Ade. He has been doing well because he listens and takes the time to know his customers...change a bunch of things and customers will find elsewhere...we are a fickle lot.

Anyway sorry about blathering on. Just wanted to give a High 5 to Ade and the guys. In my opinion they have earned it.:clap:

02-15-2009, 7:12 PM
fort courage armory in simi. This is the best store ive been in. Tim is a great guy to deal with.

02-15-2009, 7:40 PM
I've always had great experiences at Contra Costa Collectables, Triple A's and Irvington Arms.

In spite of what some people have run into, Canyon Sports has been a good one for me, too.

I did a road trip this weekend and ended up at Ten Percent Firearms in Taft. Wes went above and beyond in getting me some parts I needed in addition to diagnosing and fixing a problem rifle I had with me. Couldn't have asked for more!

02-16-2009, 7:39 AM
Bright Spot
Turner's Signal Hill
Turner's Fountain Valley
DD's Ranch
Henderson Defense
Iron Sights in Oceanside
PK Firearms
Impact Guns
Top Gun Supply
Gun Gallery in Glendale
Rainier Arms
and Calguns!

1 or 2 I might have forgot, and a small handful aren't getting mentioned for a reason.;)

02-16-2009, 3:44 PM
Old West Gun & Loan in Redding, OLL friendly, reloading supplies, lots of long guns, antique guns, handguns, and a great "junk table" with you guessed it, lots of neat old stuff to pick through. Knowledgeable and friendly staff from the "kids" to the "old timers" and a superlative gunsmith on duty (he does awesome trigger jobs on S & W revolvers as well as 1911s).

02-16-2009, 7:55 PM
+1 For Bright Spot Pawn. Great service and no problems.

02-16-2009, 9:20 PM
Get a Gun
DDs Ranch

02-16-2009, 9:32 PM
personal facvorite would be Independent Armament Co in SFV
definately the best service, nothing less from Dmitry
also went to gun gallery in glendale for consignment, some good prices
and Gun World in burbank, expensive but they have everything

7.62 FMJ
02-17-2009, 7:32 AM
Precision Reloading in Victorville.
Annies Get Your Gun in Corona.

02-17-2009, 7:45 AM
+1 Bright Spot Pawn...Its a 45 mile drive for me now but I have been doing business with Chris for 20+ years well worth the drive.

02-17-2009, 7:45 AM
Hey, these are the same shops in the complaint posts. I guess when you're down to only a few they have to pull double duty. (where's the darn smiley face?)

02-17-2009, 9:52 AM
personal facvorite would be Independent Armament Co in SFV
definately the best service, nothing less from Dmitry

I'll second that, just did a PPT at IAC for a shotgun I got as a gift, went perfectly smooth. Dmitry was plenty busy too last Sat.

02-17-2009, 8:59 PM
Ade's in Orange

I bought two rifles from Ade's in the last two months, I don't think I'll ever go to a another place to get a rifle. They do get super busy but are knowledgeable and courteous for the most part.
I also went to Fowlers Gun Room and they were really helpful but priced a bit higher than I was willing to go.

02-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside
Faith Armory in Temecula
Annie's Get Your Gun in Corona

All have always given me good service. I know Faith is new but the two guys that work there were super nice and made it easy to do business with.

02-18-2009, 3:23 AM
J&G Gunsmithing in Granite Bay (used to be in Roseville) good guys, customer service and work. Guns for sale also.

River City Exchange in Sacramento

02-18-2009, 6:26 AM
Uncle Pauls Gun Exchange
Ventura, Ca

Amazing to deal with on all accounts so far.