PDA

View Full Version : ammogarand.com

1sicklx
02-12-2009, 11:24 AM
http://www.ammogarand.com/ammo-usgi.html

i tried to purchase some lake city M855 SS109 Penetrator ammo, 62 grain
from this place and then they cancel my order, (they ran out now)suck for me i guess...

this is what the email said

Sorry,
my business and my adds clearly state where I choose not to sell/ship. Law is immaterial, my list is more inclusive for my own reasons.

Rob
Owner
Packrats Collectibles

i purchase this same ammo in the pass with no problems(different web site), i should pay better attention next time...o well

anybody no why they wont ship to cali?

BigEd925
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.ammogarand.com/ammo-usgi.html

i tried to purchase some lake city M855 SS109 Penetrator ammo, 62 grain
from this place and then they cancel my order, (they ran out now)suck for me i guess...

this is what the email said

Sorry,
my business and my adds clearly state where I choose not to sell/ship. Law is immaterial, my list is more inclusive for my own reasons.

Rob
Owner
Packrats Collectibles

i purchase this same ammo in the pass with no problems(different web site), i should pay better attention next time...o well

I recently boughts some Garand ammo there and they shipped to Concord with no problem. Maybe he thinks san jose is a city that has a law against shipping ammo.

From their website:

Cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA. Orders from questionable CA locations WILL be cancelled!

Also from their website:
NO AP/Steel Core Ammunition Sales to**: Alabama, Alaska, California, Conneticut, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Washington DC, Rhode Island, Maryland (city of Annapolis or Montgomery county).

I think the 223 you tried ordering is AP/steel core

Inoxmark
02-12-2009, 11:31 AM
F him. He chooses "for his own reasons" not to do business with you. Why would you insist on giving him your money? He's not the last ammo seller left.

Tweak338
02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I find it funny that he will ship Tracers, but not Steel Core ammo..

Clodbuster
02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Maybe he's the last ammo seller that has ammo to sell... :eek:

Clod

F him. He chooses "for his own reasons" not to do business with you. Why would you insist on giving him your money? He's not the last ammo seller left.

Dr Rockso
02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I think the 223 you tried ordering is AP/steel core
Shouldn't matter for rifle ammo. Or is .223 considered pistol ammo now because of AR pistols?

BigEd925
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
He does have a good price on 30-06 M1 Garand ammo. One of the few places online that still has some.

1sicklx
02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
you guys think i should reply to him or jus leave it at that? his prices were preatty cheap...

Dr Rockso
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
you guys think i should reply to him or jus leave it at that? his prices were preatty cheap...

Doesn't sound like he's going to change his mind, and he's probably not starved for business at the moment, so I don't know if it would help. On the other hand...

NO AMMO SALES to: MA; NJ; New York City; HI, AK, Washington DC, Annapolis-Maryland or Montgomery county-MD; Chicago/Cook County-Illinois (FOID copy required for other IL areas). California-NO Sales/deliveries to: Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo and Los Angelas Counties; Cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA. Orders from questionable CA locations WILL be cancelled!

San Jose isn't on that list of places. Sounds like he puts any major California city into the "questionable" pile. Maybe you could have it shipped to a family member or friend who lives in a town he's never heard of?

1sicklx
02-12-2009, 12:00 PM
good point, but i think he ran out of steel core ammo i tired to purchased tha last of it, now when you go online he does not even have it one there....o well

fusionstar
02-12-2009, 12:05 PM
sacramento is not banned from ammo shipments, its yuba county.. across the river. it sucks.. some websites just wont take my business.. but thats fine. I buy most of my stuff locally.

old-trapper
02-12-2009, 12:09 PM
SS109 is illegal in california on public lands...it is not AP according to DOJ they even told me that "all rifle ammo is AP" lol The issue i have been told is, that you cant have any steel containing projectile on public land because of fire hazards. Old AP, SS109 "steel core non AP" etc. Bottom line if it has a chunk of steel "or carbide" in the center it is illegal on public lands. Mild steel jacket I was told is ok. Maybe that is why he will not ship or maybe just Cali paranoid ..or hater. I had the same thing with century arms they only ship to dealers now..