View Full Version : Hello!

02-11-2009, 9:18 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Joe. I just stumbled onto this site and decided to join.

Some interesting events lead me here.

Only 2 weeks into our new socal home, there was a home invasion 3 doors down at my neighbors. It turns out some gang members thought they were busting in to get drugs and money and got the address wrong. The poor couple got a terrible beating, but the wife managed to get to her gun and shot one of the intruders.

My wife has been pretty freaked out by the incident, so I got us into a handgun safety class and purchased a used Sig P6 from a friend. We've been to the range a few times now and are trying out different guns to see what we like.

I also purchased a new Remington 870 just a few days ago.

Anyhow, we are hoping to meet some other enthusiasts in the area and maybe join a local club.

02-11-2009, 9:21 PM
Hey Joe welcome to Calguns

02-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to Calguns and gun ownership, too bad it is for the circumstances you outlined - but nonetheless it is good to be prepared. Don't forget some of the basics - good locks on your doors, good lighting, alarm system, and if you can do it, get a good dog. Wishing the best for you in your neighborhood!

02-13-2009, 3:06 PM
Welcome to Calguns Joe, sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you here. You'll definitely find a *few* enthusiasts here. :D

02-13-2009, 3:28 PM
Welcome to calguns Joe. There is tons of awesome information on this site and a lot of good people. Check out the for sale section, you can find some awesome deals on some good guns.