PDA

View Full Version : are Mummies zombies? what gun to use?

tlillard23
02-10-2009, 11:21 PM
So, my female-gun-toTITin-friend asks. "are mummies zombies?" "what gun should I use for Mummeeeeeeeezz?"
she recommended the shottie (not my word) but they seem tough to kill. (something about magical powers and being able to control the elements)

Seriously...

wboughton
02-10-2009, 11:27 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/Wildothemagnificent/killitwithfire.jpg

savs2k
02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
HAH! you can't kill a mummy. Zommbies would be half dead which means you can kill them. Mummys have been dead for 500 years and came back to life. Can't kill that. Tell her she can spray it with heavy ammo and hopfully it'll be too heavy to walk. Kinda like someones gramma trying to chase you holding a tv =D.

tlillard23
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Kinda like someones gramma trying to chase you holding a tv =D.

she saye "obviously, that guy is stooopid. My grandma ran a marathon carrying a (overweight) paraplegic last year"

tlillard23
02-11-2009, 12:01 AM
crap. she pulled the 1919 out, maybe she is going with the weight them down thing...?:36:

grammaton76
02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Decapitation is probably your best bet for mummies; usually that either kills them or incapacitates them for a nice hack at their arms/legs. Given that the flesh will be all dried out, you may want to consider using smaller pieces of buckshot... say #3 or #4, close range.

Bear in mind that overpenetration will be a significant issue with dried-out mummy flesh.

eijjie33
02-11-2009, 1:25 AM
hhmm.what about unwrapping them?

fusionstar
02-11-2009, 7:14 AM

yea.. with some birdshot..

nat
02-11-2009, 8:04 AM
Mummy's would be highly flammable.

Pugster
02-11-2009, 8:11 AM
Unwrap them and use it for toilet paper

EBR Works
02-11-2009, 9:40 AM
Deal with them like the Black Knight. No legs, no arms, no problem.

2eMkth8FWno

Timberwolf
02-11-2009, 9:47 AM
I've found that a few well placed claymores seem to help those that are wrapped too tight.

blackbok
02-11-2009, 7:10 PM
Sick the Aqua Teens on 'im. OR, nuke.

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/110209/1801404.jpeg

Surfdog
02-11-2009, 7:17 PM
Dillon Mini Gun...Yea...that's the ticket. If you can cut a tree down with it (See Myth Busters), them Mummys should be a snap.:D

Mssr. Eleganté
02-11-2009, 8:28 PM
You guys seriously need to stop all of this nonsense talk. People come here to Calguns and see threads like this and they think we are a bunch of children.

Why do you waste time talking about killing reanimated mummies when you know there is no such thing outside of B movies?

For crying out loud! Can we please focus on real life self defense issues, like concealed carry, home invasion robberies, and zombies?

jasilva
02-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Kinda like someones gramma trying to chase you holding a tv =D.

Why would gramma want to carry a drag queen around?

chsk9
02-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I think if you offer some fabric softener to the mummies as barter you should be granted safe passage. If not use the super soaker with bleach... :thumbsup:

trinydex
02-12-2009, 8:21 AM
it's all about the terminators

sorensen440
02-12-2009, 8:24 AM
Zombies you can kill mummies you really should be running away

RAMCHARGER
02-12-2009, 8:45 AM
"I prefer the Thompson..." :) Cant chase you without knees

tyrist
02-12-2009, 9:12 AM
Mummies are not zombies...Mummies are undead but they have had their brains removed prior to burial unlike zombies. This means shooting a mummy in the head will change nothing. Further mummies are brought back by ancient Egyptian magic and cannot transfer undead status via bite.

You need to burn a mummy so anytype of fire or heat weapon should work....Due to the chemical used during mummification and their state of dryness they burn very easily.

Sampachi
02-12-2009, 9:28 AM
Hmmm, so they should be flammable, right? So incendiary rounds should be fine.
Wait, didn't the legislature ban incendiary and tracers sometime ago? Damn them for making me defenseless! :(

grammaton76
02-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Mummies are not zombies...Mummies are undead but they have had their brains removed prior to burial unlike zombies. This means shooting a mummy in the head will change nothing. Further mummies are brought back by ancient Egyptian magic and cannot transfer undead status via bite.

You need to burn a mummy so anytype of fire or heat weapon should work....Due to the chemical used during mummification and their state of dryness they burn very easily.

Depends on which mummy, and also whether they're just foot soldiers or Main Mummies (tm).

Main mummies, you pretty much just run. Foot soldiers can usually be taken out by crushing damage in most mythos.

Also, generally if you remove enough mass from a foot soldier (hence shotguns are about the only effective thing here) his effectiveness is gone.

Ironchef
02-12-2009, 1:00 PM
We've all seen how Brendan Frasier's weaponry is a great big "FAIL" against the mummies so we can assume our own weaponry will also be FTL.

When you're messing with magic, there's no real defense guide for that like there is with Zombies. Of course, if there's any calgunners with a magical bow staff who knows how to use it..then by all means, lay it out here for us!

grammaton76
02-12-2009, 1:47 PM
We've all seen how Brendan Frasier's weaponry is a great big "FAIL" against the mummies so we can assume our own weaponry will also be FTL.

Works fine against foot soldiers.

sugi942
02-12-2009, 2:00 PM
The only weapon against mummies is the power of Anubis, the book of the dead or cats. :)

tlillard23
02-12-2009, 2:25 PM
The only weapon against mummies is the power of Anubis, the book of the dead or cats. :)

Cats? Hmmm, I don't really like cats, but I LOVE having a fresh box of poo and pee around the house. Maybe I need more cats....

theseacow
02-12-2009, 2:31 PM
Cats? Hmmm, I don't really like cats, but I LOVE having a fresh box of poo and pee around the house. Maybe I need more cats....

I think you don't like cats because your cat doesn't like you... I've seen how it runs and hides when you walk in the door. ¬.¬

biscuitninja
02-12-2009, 4:45 PM
Living dead vs undead.... good question.

-bix

audihenry
02-12-2009, 5:19 PM
Set them on fire. When everything on them burns away, there will be nothing left.

So the answer is napalm.

PorkLover
02-12-2009, 6:22 PM

my thoughts exactly.......a molatov cocktail would be good too.........

smokinskul
02-12-2009, 6:34 PM
When was the last time anyone even saw a mummy? Zombies are everywhere RIGHT NOW! Dont beleive me? Take a drive down to Long Beach.

hellraiser
02-12-2009, 6:40 PM
flare gun should do the trick!!!

quagmiles
02-12-2009, 7:12 PM
Not to many mummys in CA. One or two per your local museums Egypt exhibit. If you happen to be a young hot well endowed girl who happens to look just like mummys queen from 5000 years ago, you have a problem.

Voo
02-13-2009, 5:18 AM
cmon people... lets start this off by saying, "know thy enemy!"..

Mummies, vampires, zombies are all a classification known as UNDEAD.. They were all once like you and me.. alive, breathing, some might've even been Pro 2A, but for whatever reason, they've turned into some abomination.. hence "UNDEAD".. These types of creatures are not to be confused with Aliens or Alien (but not that BS like Aliens3) or werewolves/Lycanthropes.

As we all know, certain types of undead can be sent back to the pits of hell via different methods... in terms of zombies and mummies, i would say, based on my extensive research, (i own Dawn of the Dead and have unfortunately seen all of the Mummy movies with Brendan Frasier) that mummies are a more evolved and classier version of the zombie, thus making them far more difficult to dispatch.. I would say they rank right up there in terms of difficulty with trying to snuff a vampire.. guns/knives/fire are generally ineffective against these higher forms of walking dead..

Zombies can be taken out wiht well placed shots to the spine/head area.. Fire is always a good method of destruction as well.. While these work well for dispatching zombies, fire and bullets seem to only really slow a mummy down.. Ultimately, you'll need some kind of magic to defeat/vanquish them... Where you'll get this sort of stuff, I have no idea.. My pro advice would be to just haul butt and hope that you're faster than the dood standing next to you.. (you might wanna save a bullet just so you can clip your buddy in the leg to slow him down- yea yea, its cold blooded, but its a dog eat dog world.. )

YMMV, but I hope this info is one day helpful.. BTW, if you're a hot girl and this information saves your life.. well, there's a stipulation in the Hero's handbaook that says you are to "give it up" if someone saves you.. You can PM me here to setup an appointment as necessary.. just so you know :43: