PDA

View Full Version : Need Legal disclaimer for Calguns gun show booth

Can'thavenuthingood
02-10-2009, 8:39 PM
Our current Calguns project, or one of them is setting up Calguns booths at the gun shows throughout California. The first show we plan to attack is the Cow Palace on 28 Feb & 1 Mar.

wildhawker, Fastfinger, Eric Mayer and myself are kicking around the pamphlet content and thought we better have a legal disclaimer. Reason being the information given out in the pamphlet or the flow chart might degrade within a few days after the show. Like the Prince 50 vs bullet button concerns.

None of us are close to legal types and I'm not very good with fancy ways to tell someone to be careful and accept some responsibility for your actions.

Thought we'd get a faster response here than PMing or mailing the legal types.

We need just a short paragraph or what ever it takes to say the information in this pamphlet may no longer be any good. Consult references or something.
Or point us to a standard disclaimer to cut and paste.

Though I suppose a cut & paste disclaimer will come with its own disclaimer?

Thanks,

Vick

gotgunz
02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
"Each individual is compelled to become familiar with the laws of the State of California and directly in how they relate to the purchase/sale, possession, use thereof and assembly of any and all firearms. The views contained herein are not to be construed as legal advise or as a substitute to legal representation. Calguns and its site owner(s), members or those who may post information online are not attorneys and nothing contained herein or at www.calguns.net is to be deemed as such."

Or something like that?

oaklander
02-11-2009, 1:24 AM
This isn't legal advice - but I imagine that the disclaimer in "How to Own a Gun in California and Stay Out of Jail" might be a good one. . .

:D

bwiese
02-11-2009, 11:21 AM
My Sig line could be warped a bit into appropriate form, something like this:

"The information offered here cannot be construed as formal legal
advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. This is a best-efforts
compilation by gunrights activists based on our experiences and
contacts, and which we believe to be current at time of printing.
We urge you to continue to check for latest information, as laws
and regulations can change over time."

Can'thavenuthingood
02-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Thats it, just what we are looking for, Thanks guys.

Fastfinger here you go, ought to get a disclaimer worthy of your talents from these 2 posts. Unless Redhorse already has one for his flow chart we ought to put one on it also.

I'm at work now chewing on lunch.

Back to the salt,

Vick

wildhawker
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Thats it, just what we are looking for, Thanks guys.

Fastfinger here you go, ought to get a disclaimer worthy of your talents from these 2 posts. Unless Redhorse already has one for his flow chart we ought to put one on it also.

I'm at work now chewing on lunch.

Back to the salt,

Vick

Thanks for the expeditious responses guys!

wildhawker
02-11-2009, 9:10 PM
This isn't legal advice - but I imagine that the disclaimer in "How to Own a Gun in California and Stay Out of Jail" might be a good one. . .

:D

Anybody have something they can post which may contain similar or identical information as is referred to in the above? ;)

CapS
02-12-2009, 12:31 AM
"The information offered here cannot be construed as formal legal
advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. This is a best-efforts
compilation by gunrights activists based on our experience and
research, and which we believe to be current at time of printing.
We urge you to continue to check for latest information, as laws
and regulations can change over time."

I think this is a little clearer.

bwiese
02-12-2009, 9:30 AM
I think this is a little clearer.

Works for me!

hoffmang
02-12-2009, 8:25 PM
Can I just say that I love this forum?

Looks great.

Brandon - I owe you a return phone call.

-Gene