PDA

View Full Version : Can we have Utah CCW class in Irvine area ?

toneman
02-10-2009, 9:24 AM
How many of us can attend Utah CCW class, If Matt P willing to come down in Irvine area ?
According to Matt he'll need a place & have more then 10 people,
So here we go, Let's hear from you guys.
If you decide to attend there will be a deposit, So it will be a firm commitment.

Steve O
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Does he do them in the bay area? or sac?

DarkGT
02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I would be interested in doing this depending on the cost. Would it be an evening or weekend thing? I live in San Diego but work in Lake Forest, been thinking about doing this in SD for a while now.

ryno066
02-10-2009, 1:40 PM
lol they had one last month in Tustin. It was a good class.

Titans
02-10-2009, 2:23 PM
I would be interested in doing this depending on the cost. Would it be an evening or weekend thing?

+ 1

Casual Observer
02-10-2009, 2:38 PM
They usually have one at the Costa Mesa Gun show.

the_donald_
02-10-2009, 2:39 PM
Read this link, found it after a 2 min search.

http://alphasafetytraining.com/ccwschedule.html

Looks like there's one in Temecula scheduled for 2/21 that is open and thereafter in Sacramento, just scroll down on the link. Cost is $100

-------------------------------------

Who is Eligible?

*Minimum requirements for application for a concealed firearms permit in Utah are:
•Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
•Proof of good character...whereas the applicant;
°has not been convicted of a felony;
°has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
°has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
°has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
° has completed any and all requirements of a conviction of any offense involving the use of alcohol at least 6 years prior to applying

*A criminal background check is conducted for all applicants

the_donald_
02-10-2009, 2:58 PM
These guys are more local & can come down to do a class in the Irvine area if we're up to getting a group together. I'd be willing to come.

http://www.americanccw.com/course-schedule.htm

They can also provide referrals.

Matt P
02-11-2009, 9:47 AM
Hey guys!
My cost for the class is $100.00.
For that you get the following:
1. Complete application printed out for you.
2. Fingerprint card
3. Passport picture taken and printed off for you at the class.
4. Your fingerprints printed.
5. An envelope for you to send off your completed application
6. The COMPLETE Florida application for Concealed Weapon
7. A CD ROM filled with free printable targets, mechanical dynamics of Glocks and a COLT M4 (understand how a gas rifle works, understand how select fire works) mental preperation dynamics, gun safety interactive video, practice routines, Oh, and of course all kinds of Utah information.
8. Information as it relates to Uath law, along with much , much more info about self defense. Learn the secret to one handed mag changes, and how to cycle the mag with one hand (you will be amazed as how easy it is).

I think my Itrader rating speaks volumes about the quality of my service. I work hard for your money because you deserve to have the very best service.
Hope you guys will allow for me to come and teach you a class.. Also, attend one of my classes, and then be able to get in on my group buys for lights!

Thanks... Matt Pimentel.

n2k
02-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Come on join us at the Long Beach class. Its only 20 minutes North on the 405. We need to make the min numbers. :D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=151456

Wild Squid
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
You know, I'm curious, do you guys that get the Utah CCW get it because you may actually use it and plan on using it when carrying out of state, or do you get it because you carry in CA anyways and plan to show the judge the Utah CCW in case you get caught with the purpose of hoping for leniency by showing you are deemed responsible enough to carry in other states?

esskay
02-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Check out the training forum here, there's a bunch of upcoming Utah CCW courses posted there.

n2k
02-12-2009, 10:29 AM
You know, I'm curious, do you guys that get the Utah CCW get it because you may actually use it and plan on using it when carrying out of state, or do you get it because you carry in CA anyways and plan to show the judge the Utah CCW in case you get caught with the purpose of hoping for leniency by showing you are deemed responsible enough to carry in other states?

For me, its for actual use when I travel out of state.

I don't think any leniency will be shown for carrying in CA without the proper licensing, if anything you may be treated worse.

Kruzr
02-12-2009, 6:11 PM
You can also take the "Utah" course without a minimum number of students from Jim Bowen, who does the guard quals at The Firing Line, HB. He will do it for one person or a class at your convenience. I think it's $100 for Utah and $125 for Utah and Florida.

He teaches it at AKI Security on Bolsa in HB and I think he still will do it at TFL. He can do all the paperwork you need.

He has a website at http://www.firearms-training.info