PDA

View Full Version : My buddies house is robbed..

badicedog
02-10-2009, 12:45 AM
This past weekend, a buddy of mine was robbed of his 2 shotguns as he was pulling in his driveway. Apparently his girlfriend gave his security code to her sister which has a losser BF (happens to be black, I'm not a racist!). BF looses job and knows where to find the shotguns. He knows my buddy works nights at the hospital. BF tells GF that he is going to Mcdonalds to get something to eat, but really goes to steal the shotguns. My buddy pulls in the driveway, sees garage open and someone running out the front door with his guns. Long story short....after a chase, calling PD, they catch the guy at at Mcdonalds drive thru. I guess he was going to tell the GF he was at Mcdonalds all along. What nerv of this scumbag. Seems with the poor economy, more crime and burglaries will be on the rise.

SanSacto
02-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Still don't know why the girlfriend's sister's boyfriend got the security code.....

badicedog
02-10-2009, 12:51 AM
I beleive my buddy gave his code to his girlfriend, she in turn gave it to her sister and the sister some how gave it to her boyfriend. I already came down pretty hard on him for giving anyone your home's security code. That's plain stupid to me. If its not your wife or very close family...Don't give it out period!

tlillard23
02-10-2009, 12:51 AM
pictures or it didn't happen

SanSacto
02-10-2009, 12:54 AM
I beleive my buddy gave his code to his girlfriend, she in turn gave it to her sister and the sister some how gave it to her boyfriend.

Yeah, I still don't get it. I understand the girlfriend having the code. But the girlfriend's sister? I would be just as mad at those two as the scum that stole the shotguns. They would definitely get a dose of something unpleasant.

thefifthspeed
02-10-2009, 12:56 AM
her sister which has a losser BF (happens to be black, I'm not a racist!).

So why'd you mention it then?

Back on track, it sounds like things could have been worse. At least the person got caught and property was recovered. How were these firearms secured in the house?

badicedog
02-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I still don't get it. I understand the girlfriend having the code. But the girlfriend's sister? I would be just as mad at those two as the scum that stole the shotguns. They would definitely get a dose of something unpleasant.

Well the scum bag has the security code, he knew exactly where to find the shotguns and had a window of maybe 35 mins to do all of this. Im still confused how he got the code and knew where to look.

badicedog
02-10-2009, 12:59 AM

Back on track, it sounds like things could have been worse. At least the person got caught and property was recovered. How were these firearms secured in the house?

In the kitchen pantry of all places.

SanSacto
02-10-2009, 1:00 AM
Well the scum bag has the security code, he knew exactly where to find the shotguns and had a window of maybe 35 mins to do all of this. Im still confused how he got the code and knew where to look.

My point is that your buddy needs to rip those two sisters a new hole for letting the code slip. And then sit on something sharp to rip himself a new one for not having the shotguns locked up in a safe.

badicedog
02-10-2009, 1:01 AM
My buddy is more of a hunter, rec shooter. No handguns just rifles and shotguns. But can you imagine coming home to that and possibly being shot with your own weapons?

SanSacto
02-10-2009, 1:02 AM
My buddy is more of a hunter, rec shooter. No handguns just rifles and shotguns. But can you imagine coming home to that and possibly being shot with your own weapons?

No, because I have them either on me or locked in a safe.

badicedog
02-10-2009, 1:03 AM
I ripped him two already! He doesn't have any kids, but I told him it's no excuse, you have to keep your weapons in a safe...

Wild Squid
02-10-2009, 1:06 AM
Your friend is really lucky.

gcvt
02-10-2009, 1:09 AM
This past weekend, a buddy of mine was robbed of his 2 shotguns as he was pulling in his driveway. Apparently his girlfriend gave his security code to her sister which has a losser BF (happens to be black, I'm not a racist!). BF looses job and knows where to find the shotguns. He knows my buddy works nights at the hospital. BF tells GF that he is going to Mcdonalds to get something to eat, but really goes to steal the shotguns. My buddy pulls in the driveway, sees garage open and someone running out the front door with his guns. Long story short....after a chase, calling PD, they catch the guy at at Mcdonalds drive thru. I guess he was going to tell the GF he was at Mcdonalds all along. What nerv of this scumbag. Seems with the poor economy, more crime and burglaries will be on the rise.

Security FAIL, racism FAIL, and a spelling FAIL.

That's a Calguns FAIL hat-trick.

badicedog
02-10-2009, 1:09 AM
Yeah, I told him to buy a lotto ticket and ditch the girlfriend... He prob won't , that wouldn't fly with me. You're done! good bye..

SanSacto
02-10-2009, 1:11 AM
Yeah, I told him to buy a lotto ticket and ditch the girlfriend... He prob won't , that wouldn't fly with me. You're done! good bye..

If he is not going to do the responsible thing and get a safe, at least change the code and don't tell it to anybody.

badicedog
02-10-2009, 1:14 AM
I've always assumed he had a safe. He was one of my first friends who introduced me to hunting. It didn't ever cross my mind that he did not have a safe. I bought my safe with my first handgun, I knew I was going to purchase more firearms.

Darklyte27
02-10-2009, 7:26 AM
lucky they caught him

Warhawk014
02-10-2009, 7:59 AM
thieves, i hate them with a passion.

JamesY
02-10-2009, 8:12 AM
Did he get his guns back or did the 5-0 take them?

the_donald_
02-10-2009, 8:33 AM
Security FAIL, racism FAIL, and a spelling FAIL.

That's a Calguns FAIL hat-trick.

:rofl2: Oh man, I needed that.

cannon
02-10-2009, 8:34 AM
Your buddy was very lucky.

He needs:

A new security code.

A new safe.

A new girlfriend.

hung380
02-10-2009, 9:09 AM
His girlfriend might be the one thats setting him up. How long have they been dating? Trust no one!

Fate
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
DTB!

odysseus
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Outside of all the issues and comedy this thread provides, that is definitely grounds for breaking up if I heard of one. If he stays with that GF, it better be for some very extraordinary reasons.

mecam
02-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Shoot, my wife of 8+ years don't even know my gun safe code and she knows better not to ask. I bought her own little safe for her revolver.

jazman
02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Shoot, my wife of 8+ years don't even know my gun safe code and she knows better not to ask. I bought her own little safe for her revolver.

So if something happens to you she can't get to them? There must be a better way...specially married over 8 years?;)

mecam
02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
So if something happens to you she can't get to them? There must be a better way...specially married over 8 years?;)

I code is on the will that she can access only whem I'm gone. ;)

badicedog
02-10-2009, 12:13 PM
My appologies for the poor grammar. It was 1am, typing on my Iphone at work.

grumpy562
02-10-2009, 12:14 PM
DTB!

+1 :party:

biscuitninja
02-10-2009, 1:57 PM
DTB!

just figured out that one... :eek::D:thumbsup::chris:

-bix

easy
02-10-2009, 6:14 PM
Smacks of conspiracy! Girl friend, sister, sister's boy friend - someone was gonna make some $$.

vwynn
02-10-2009, 6:21 PM
Its burglary not robbery.

Pistol whip that hoe. (sarcasm).

Find new GF.

mecam
02-10-2009, 6:23 PM
just figured out that one... :eek::D:thumbsup::chris:

-bix

Dizza the Bizza ;)

Fjold
02-10-2009, 6:36 PM
Its burglary not robbery.

Pistol whip that hoe. (sarcasm).

Find new GF.

"hoe" = Major Fail!

sigfan
02-10-2009, 6:42 PM
Badicedog,

I know exactly where this McDonald's is. How is it that someone is able to run down the street with shotguns (even if they're in cases). That's pretty bold for someone to do this in this area since there's relatively high traffic around here.

DarkHorse
02-10-2009, 8:44 PM
Badicedog,

I know exactly where this McDonald's is. How is it that someone is able to run down the street with shotguns (even if they're in cases). That's pretty bold for someone to do this in this area since there's relatively high traffic around here.

....after a chase, calling PD, they catch the guy at at Mcdonalds drive thru...

Can't walk through a drive-thru, so the GF's sister's BF must have had a car near the house when he robbed it. It may not have been in the DW because then it would have been obvious for an onlooker to identify it later.

Maybe.

jamesob
02-10-2009, 8:58 PM

lol, thats what i was thinking, lol

badicedog
02-10-2009, 9:40 PM
Badicedog,

Well, this happened in the Lake Elsinore area. Im not exactly sure on the location since I don't live there. I was told that the McDonald's was in route to the robbery location. The perp was going to use the aliby that he just went to McDonald's for food and denied the involvement in the robbery. The shotguns were recovered by a neighbor. They we're ditched during the chase, probably saved the perps life since it was a felony stop with guns drawn.

gravedigger
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
This past weekend, a buddy of mine was robbed of his 2 shotguns as he was pulling in his driveway.

Note: Always set booby traps whenever leaving residence unattended. He DOES have booby traps, doesn't he?

Trench Broom
02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
So is the loser BF doin' some well-earned time now?

savageevo
02-11-2009, 7:18 AM
I say take down the thief and gf. The gf gave him the code so the gf should be involved.

Tarn_Helm
02-12-2009, 5:14 AM
DTB!

Absolute +1.

BillCA
02-12-2009, 8:28 AM

It's really simple. GF finds out about the shotguns. GF talks to sister and mentions it. Later, the sister mentions it to her BF - something along the lines of "My sister is dating this guy who keeps his shotguns in... and she's uneasy about them being in there..." BF files info away for future reference, perhaps even getting the sister to show him where this guy lives.

How many of you have been introduced to someone at their home and after mentioning guns, found out the guy has a "collection" of some sort or is an avid hunter with several rifles?

How many of you have shown a gun to someone you just met through a "trusted" buddy? Some Calgun member comes over and brings his roomie or best friend and you voluntarily show a gun or are urged to show off one. But what do you really know about this new person? Zip! Nada.

It only takes ONE PERSON to blab to the wrong people that you have guns. Especially if they're unsecured. If you have a safe, keep it's presence, brand and location your own business. No sense in letting thieves know they need to bring certain tools with them.

As to this case... Dump The B---- (DTB[1])is right. Handing out a security code without permission is a serious breach of trust.

For those of you with alarm systems, if possible, establish 2 "guest" codes that can be disabled or enabled with a phone call. If one is compromised, you have a 2nd code that can be used while the first is disabled.[2] Keep track of who has what code, just in case. And be sure that anyone with the code is trustworthy.

[1] Acronyms do not make reading easier, they actually slow it down. Especially those like DTB which are made up on-the-fly. It is generally considered discourteous and imprecise to use acronyms without at least one reference to the meaning.
[2] Using a "guest" code was how a friend of mine discovered a workman was the person stealing from outside his home. Each time he tried to use the disabled access code something went missing in the back yard or tool shed. He caught the guy and made a claim against the workman's "bond" to recover his losses.