PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone opine on the Raddlock's legality?

winwithagrin
02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Starting a new thread because nobody seems to be answering this in the tacked one.

If I understand things correctly, the emerging consensus is:
1) The BB is OK because it never crosses the line into "assault weapon mode" during normal operation by most users, while
2) the Prince 50 lock is too close for comfort because a small number of unscrupulous users regularly switch their ARs to "assault weapon mode" in normal use.

The Raddlock, then, seems to be a grey area to me. Left in "BB-style" mode, it's just a glorified BB. However, one could argue that, just as the Prince 50 can, it can be easily switched into "assault weapon mode" with the turn of a screw -- and who's to say that those same unscrupulous users won't do that with the Raddlock?

Anyone care to offer an opinion?

hoffmang
02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
My understanding of the Raddlock is that in normal use (e.g. at the range) there is no reason to put the gun in AW status to remove the magazine. The Prince-50 classic can't remove the magazine without being in AW status.

-Gene

SwissFluCase
02-10-2009, 10:10 AM
My understanding of the Raddlock is that in normal use (e.g. at the range) there is no reason to put the gun in AW status to remove the magazine. The Prince-50 classic can't remove the magazine without being in AW status.

-Gene

Have you had an opportunity to examine one? I am curious as well.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Steyr_223
02-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Gene,

I have the same concern\question as winwithagrin..I have Prince 50s and will convert to either the B16 or the Raddlock to comply with your sticky..

Thanks,

Rod

postal16
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I am comfortable with the Raddlock, i just replaced my 2 Prince50s (though I only toploaded when they were installed) just because I got tired of toploading. When in position 1, it is a BB and acts just like one. When out of state it can be put into position 2 with a tool, and acts just like a mag catch.