PDA

View Full Version : Is this true for FFLs wanting to sell to CA?

Steve O
02-09-2009, 9:47 PM
I asked a CG FFL if he could ship the legal item to ca and this was my response.

"I know but in order to ship guns into California you have to register with the state which I am not at this time. It is a ridiculous stipulation. I don't ship anything there. Sorry I know it sucks if you are a gun enthusiast living there but it is a lot of hassle for FFL dealers."

Is this true?

ke6guj
02-09-2009, 9:51 PM
Correct, for an FFL in CA or out-of-state to ship to a CA FFL, he must sign up in the CFLC program and get an approval letter stating the the receiving FFL is currently allowed to receive a firearms shipment.

If it is something you really want, and the guy won't take the 5 minutes to sign up online and get an approval, you can have it sent to one of the CA-friendly middleman FFLs that will accept a shipment from your CA-phobic FFL and then reship it to your local FFL with a CFLC approval. The middlemen usually charge around $25+shipping for the service.

NiteQwill
02-09-2009, 9:51 PM
It takes a few minutes to register. it's just laziness. Contact freakshow as a middleman, he's ship to CA.

ZirconJohn
02-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Look, it's like when you create an Email account... you get a user-name and password. Then next time you ship a gun you just log-on and enter ship to FFL/CFD #'s and hit send... print the letter and BAM - DONE!

Freaking laziness and downright fear of the unknown... that's all it is!

Deadred7o7
02-09-2009, 11:57 PM
What cave have you been living in ???

Steve O
02-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I've spent a small part of my life in the Nevada Caves. Bringing back my home brews. And so I have never had the privilege of buying a firearm in the republic of kalifornia.

Nodda Duma
02-10-2009, 7:30 AM
It takes a few minutes to register. it's just laziness. Contact freakshow as a middleman, he's ship to CA.

FFS it's not just laziness. If YOU were an FFL in another state, would YOU want to give out information to the most liberal state in the country? Remember, FFL's are slightly above average on the paranoia scale as it is. The anti-gunners here knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote this bill up. They KNEW how paranoid FFL dealers would be.

-Jason

ZirconJohn
02-10-2009, 7:47 AM
FFS it's not just laziness. If YOU were an FFL in another state, would YOU want to give out information to the most liberal state in the country? Remember, FFL's are slightly above average on the paranoia scale as it is. The anti-gunners here knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote this bill up. They KNEW how paranoid FFL dealers would be.

-Jason

That's a defeatist reaction... then you are doing what the 'anti-gunners' want you to do 'quit!' they want you to give up, they want you to go away, they want you to stop buying guns, stop selling guns, stop owning guns!

My advice is to step-up the action, buy, sell, own, fire, repair, re-load, and do it again and again!:36:

freakshow10mm
02-10-2009, 8:03 AM

-Jason
I've shipped over 2,000 guns to California since July 1st. The CFLC isn't keeping me away.

The information you provide is no more intrusive than what the ATF provides if you buy the list of FFLs.

Nodda Duma
02-10-2009, 8:29 AM
I've shipped over 2,000 guns to California since July 1st. The CFLC isn't keeping me away.

The information you provide is no more intrusive than what the ATF provides if you buy the list of FFLs.

Yep, if I need a rifle from out of state and the dealer won't send it into CA, I intend to go through you.

I just wish more dealers had your attitude on the matter.

-Jason

ke6guj
02-10-2009, 11:02 AM
The anti-gunners here knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote this bill up. They KNEW how paranoid FFL dealers would be.
Actually, IIRC, that would be the anti-competition California Association of Firearms Retailers that knew what it was doing when it wrote this bill up to minimize competition from out-of-state sales being transfered through CA dealers.

Nodda Duma
02-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Actually, IIRC, that would be the anti-competition California Association of Firearms Retailers that knew what it was doing when it wrote this bill up to minimize competition from out-of-state sales being transfered through CA dealers.

sounds like anti-gunners to me, to push for something as stupid as the CFLC.

-Jason

EOD Guy
02-10-2009, 12:36 PM

-Jason

I don't think it was the anti-gunners that were the main force behind this law. It was California dealers. They wanted to cut down competition from out of state dealers.

Turbinator
02-13-2009, 6:17 PM
What cave have you been living in ???

Umm. For folks who don't often have guns shipped in, this requirement won't be common knowledge.

Turby