View Full Version : Is this california legal and if so where can i buy this in state

02-09-2009, 8:09 PM
Hi all i am in love with this gattling 10/22 its amazing

reserve is not met

but wow!!!!

02-09-2009, 8:12 PM
think that is the wrong link... if you are talking about a crank activated 10/22 its not legal

02-09-2009, 8:14 PM
sorry corrected the link .......i dont know if this is the cranking version or not. Also if it were hypothetically already here in ca .......could i buy it from the guy???

02-09-2009, 8:15 PM
your link leads to a

Phoenix Arms 25 cal semi-auto "Pocket Rocket!

02-09-2009, 8:23 PM
i have changed the link guys

02-09-2009, 8:38 PM
it should be legal seeing as its two guns instead of the whole rotating deal.

youll probably have to pay for the transfer fees for both guns if not bought brand new:eek:

02-09-2009, 9:43 PM
I would hope so; looks like fun ;)

02-09-2009, 9:55 PM
IIRC It's the crank trigger activator that makes it illegal for California, regardless of whether its in the state or not

02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
The trigger system on the 10/22 "gatling" is considered a "multiburst trigger activator".

See parts in bold.
Penal Code 12020
(a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, any ammunition which contains or consists of any flechette dart, any bullet containing or carrying an explosive agent, any ballistic knife, any multiburst trigger activator, any nunchaku, any short-barreled shotgun, any short-barreled rifle, any metal knuckles, any belt buckle knife, any leaded cane, any zip gun, any shuriken, any unconventional pistol, any lipstick case knife, any cane sword, any shobi-zue, any air gauge knife, any writing pen knife, any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade, or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy, sandclub, sap, or sandbag.
(c)(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator" means one of the following devices:
(A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the firearm to discharge two or more shots in a burst by activating the device.
(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm.

02-09-2009, 10:51 PM
So would a real Gatling gun be legal? The crank is built in, not attached. It could be a fun project for a homebuilt even if it only had a ten rounds.

02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
So would a real Gatling gun be legal? The crank is built in, not attached. It could be a fun project for a homebuilt even if it only had a ten rounds.

Sounds like a multiburt trigger activator to me...