PDA

View Full Version : Calguns noob checking in!

rumble phish
02-09-2009, 6:46 PM
Hey all! Lurked here for the last 6 months or so and learned a lot. Grew up around guns and have a decent collection but always wanted to get into AR's and military weapons. With the recent shift in political winds I realized I may not have the chance to own these fine weapons soon, so I got off my *** and finally joined the NRA (my wife did too!). After doing a lot of reading on this and other fine sites I felt I had a good base of knowledge to jump into my first AR build. Well, a couple of months and a lot of money later (I'm selling my beloved Hayabusa :( ) I had a small arsenal along with wayyy too much ammo (according to my wife, not me :D ). Well, long story short the wife was mad and to save my marriage (seriously) I had to sell four of my AR's before I ever got'em to the range. But in the meantime I picked up a Yugo SKS more ammo. Still gonna add to the collection, but the market is completely nuts right now. Anyway, I couldn't believe how easy it was to put an AR together. I love the AR platform. So simple, yet so versatile. It has by far become my favorite firearm (next to my 1911).

Here's what it looked like under my Christmas tree last year :)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/rumblephish12r/P1030132.jpg?t=1234237371

I kept the Stag M4 clone (top w/bipod) and the RRA upper/Stag lower HBAR. I'm looking forward to learning more from these forums.

RP

DVLDOC
02-09-2009, 6:49 PM
Nice collection! Can you add me on your Christmas list this year :)

JeffM
02-09-2009, 6:53 PM
Very nice.

So that's where all the ammo is going!?!

Welcome to the board. Don't be shy about answering those questions that pop up from other new members. Some folks aren't as patient as you are about searching and learning.

69Mach1
02-09-2009, 6:53 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/rumblephish12r/P1030132.jpg?t=1234237371
RP

HOLY SMOKES! Nice collection and welcome to the forum.

Saigon1965
02-09-2009, 6:54 PM
Nice former collection - Santa must of been so happy -

Hopi
02-09-2009, 7:06 PM
MMMMMMMM....guns.

Welcome!

rumble phish
02-09-2009, 7:16 PM
Nice collection! Can you add me on your Christmas list this year :)

Consider you added. But I think I should tell you that Santa is now BROKE! hahaha!

Very nice.

So that's where all the ammo is going!?!

Welcome to the board. Don't be shy about answering those questions that pop up from other new members. Some folks aren't as patient as you are about searching and learning.

Thanks. Yeah, I figured the guns are pretty much worthless without the ammo. I like my ammo cheap and dirty, just like my women! :laugh: The Wolf isn't great, but it isn't bad for plinking. The Privi 62g FMJBT's are nice and I keep the green tips stashed for when the SHTF! :43: As for being patient goes, well, I'm not sure that really describes me but thanks! It's more about not wanting to look like a complete dumbass in front of people who know what they're doing.

HOLY SMOKES! Nice collection and welcome to the forum.

Thanks! Just wish I could have kept them all. I went from 6 to 2, but hey I kept my wife! ( I'm not sure I came out ahead on that deal! :laugh:

Nice former collection - Santa must of been so happy -

Former... that hurts :( :laugh:

Saigon1965
02-09-2009, 7:17 PM
Noticed I am the only one that read your post -

Former... that hurts :( :laugh:

JeffM
02-09-2009, 7:21 PM
Noticed I am the only one that read your post -

I read it, just didn't want to rub it in. :chris:

USN CHIEF
02-09-2009, 7:58 PM
I read it too and I was heart broken by his story, meanwhile all the other gun whores were just looking at the pics and failed to read the sad story:(

I would have gotten rid of the wife and kept my guns, seriously.

Welcome to Cal Guns and now we know who wears the pants in your house. LOL.

rumble phish
02-10-2009, 7:59 AM
I read it too and I was heart broken by his story, meanwhile all the other gun whores were just looking at the pics and failed to read the sad story:(

I would have gotten rid of the wife and kept my guns, seriously.

Welcome to Cal Guns and now we know who wears the pants in your house. LOL.

Ouch! :laugh:

No, but she does wear the panties. And I like it when she takes them off for me :thumbsup:

So I have two AR's and I'm still getting laid :) My only mistake was buying them all at once. Gotta buy'em one at a time and quietly slip them into the safe. :43:

Turbinator
02-10-2009, 4:21 PM
Welcome aboard, hope you can recover and get moving in the right direction again. :)

Turby