PDA

View Full Version : Form 1 question

eric90503
02-09-2009, 6:14 PM
Anybody successfully granted permission with form 1 in California? Please tell me how long this takes.

Thanks

6172crew
02-09-2009, 6:16 PM
Ive filled them out but I got a LE sign off in a different state. Remember that you have to have the double sided ones and you must do 2 copies of everything including fingerprints.

ke6guj
02-09-2009, 6:18 PM
Yes, some of us have gotten approved Form 1s in CA via a trust for AOWs and C&R SBSs. Current time frame seems to be ~3 months via word of mouth on the forums.

eric90503
02-09-2009, 6:59 PM
Yes, some of us have gotten approved Form 1s in CA via a trust for AOWs and C&R SBSs. Current time frame seems to be ~3 months via word of mouth on the forums.

I saw a link on trusts, was it Oaklander? Do you know what the probability rates are? Interested in building a legal krink, either pistol or fixed stock and welded barrel extension. However, it's original config is what I'd like, minus the original fcg. I figured I'd explore the SBR legal route?
Do I just go to legal Zoom and get a trust?

ke6guj
02-09-2009, 7:09 PM
You don't need a tax stamp to make a Krink pistol (without a vertical forward grip) or as a fixed stock build rifle with a 16" barrel/26"overall length.

To not be considered a pistol AW, you'd have to make sure that you fixed the magazine and not go over 10-rounds. To not be considered a rifle AW, if built as semi-auto centerfire rifle, you'd also have to comply with the 30" OAL minumum.

The only thing a tax stamp is gonna help you with is if you want to put a VFG on a pistol krink. that would make an AOW and you need an approved Form 1/Form 4.

edit: in order to SBR it, you'd need to get a CADOJ dangerous weapons permit which are virtually unobtainium. For modern stuff, the only thing you can really do is AOWs. AOWs don't need a CADOJ permit.

eric90503
02-09-2009, 8:13 PM
You don't need a tax stamp to make a Krink pistol (without a vertical forward grip) or as a fixed stock build rifle with a 16" barrel/26"overall length.

To not be considered a pistol AW, you'd have to make sure that you fixed the magazine and not go over 10-rounds. To not be considered a rifle AW, if built as semi-auto centerfire rifle, you'd also have to comply with the 30" OAL minumum.

The only thing a tax stamp is gonna help you with is if you want to put a VFG on a pistol krink. that would make an AOW and you need an approved Form 1/Form 4.

edit: in order to SBR it, you'd need to get a CADOJ dangerous weapons permit which are virtually unobtainium. For modern stuff, the only thing you can really do is AOWs. AOWs don't need a CADOJ permit.

Hmmm..... Think this noob needs more researching. Thanks for the info ke6guj!. What a time vacuume this is, slowly turning into a challenge. Pistol might be in the works then.

AaronHorrocks
03-03-2009, 2:45 PM

What about something that's not a DD, SBR, SBS, or AOW, but the ATF wants a Form-1 for it... Would that be a problem, or not? :confused:

ke6guj
03-03-2009, 3:22 PM
what other items does BATF consider Title II and need a tax stamp? All I can think of is MGs and suppressors, which are unobtainium for us in CA.