PDA

View Full Version : Poizner, Whitman, or Campbell?

Kid Stanislaus
02-09-2009, 5:11 PM
Steve Poizner, Meg Whitman and Tom Campbell are all throwing their hat in the ring for the Republican primary race for governor. Which of the three is our strongest 2A ally?

mblat
02-09-2009, 5:20 PM
Who cares?

Really..... none of them are particular inspiring.... and have almost no chances to win. if nothing else I rather take a chance on Jerry Brown....

Kid Stanislaus
02-09-2009, 6:11 PM
Yes, strangely enough, I've heard that Brown is not all that bad on gun issues.

bwiese
02-09-2009, 6:45 PM
Yes, strangely enough, I've heard that Brown is not all that bad on gun issues.

There is better pro-gun traction there than with many elements of the CA Republican party.

Please do not confuse BoF status/attitudes with that of higher DOJ management chain, and don't expect anything like Silicon Valley's speed of change in *any* government body. Do note the changes since summer 2007 (Rossi gone, Iggy Chinn gone, Firearms group downsized from Division to Bureau, overall 'quietness' of other 'personalities' there, and far far far less drama now.)

The last I heard, Steve Poizner refused to even talk to NRA folks (usu candidates on either side of the aisle talk to most major interest groups). I also don't see him having the personality/apperance to win a governor's campaign in California.

I don't see Meg Whitman being of much use to our interests either. California politics has been rife with rich folks dropping themselves into the top of the political arena with little result (remember Al Cheechi?)

Tom Campbell has made anti-RKBA statements in the past with the usual nod to "hunters". I also don't think he'll have the personality to win an election.

Blue
02-09-2009, 6:46 PM
I've worked at Poizners house.

yellowfin
02-09-2009, 6:59 PM
I gather Whitman is anti 2A, responsible for kicking firearms stuff off eBay and making PayPal anti 2A as well. Either that stuff's gotta go or she's got no love from us.

glockman19
02-09-2009, 7:01 PM
I vote for the individual NOT the party.

I'll be backing Jerry Brown.

Kestryll
02-09-2009, 7:04 PM
I'm going to have to look at who finally gets the nod for the Reps and Ind.
I can't support Brown for other reasons.

Aegis
02-09-2009, 7:48 PM
A Republican has about a 0% chance of winning the election in this state, especially these three people. If a Democrat is going to win, hopefully it will be one that supports the 2A. Word on this forum is that Jerry Brown agrees with the Heller decision. I want to see what Brown does after incorporation through Nordyke before I support him. The other Democrats mentioned to run are as anti-2A as they come.

WokMaster1
02-09-2009, 10:19 PM
why can't Gene run?

yellowfin
02-09-2009, 10:38 PM
There is better pro-gun traction there than with many elements of the CA Republican party.

The last I heard, Steve Poizner refused to even talk to NRA folks (usually candidates on either side of the aisle talk to most major interest groups).
Why, do you think? Obviously there's been a lot you've said and rightly so that the party has been riddled with incompetence, but is this more of the same or its own particular flavor of stupid?

mblat
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
why can't Gene run?

Who said he can't run? He just can't win......

ldivinag
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
vote me for gov...

choprzrul
11-10-2009, 5:18 PM
I wrote an email to Poizner just to see what I got back. Here is what he sent me:

"Thank you for sharing your thoughts with Commissioner Steve Poizner and the campaign. We appreciate hearing your views as we work to build a grassroots movement of voters across California.

Commissioner Poizner is a supporter of the Second Amendment and opposes any attempts to chip away at the right that every Californian has to keep and bear arms. Steve believes that the Founders of the Constitution were crystal clear when establishing that people have the right to own guns for both recreational and defensive purposes. The Commissioner strongly opposed the recent signing of the ammunition bill, AB 962. His thoughts regarding the issue can be found at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCdInwNVtks

Commissioner Poizner wants to drive the number of abortions down to zero. Accordingly, he supports the outlawing of late-term abortions, and supported Proposition 4, which would have required a doctor to notify at least one adult family member before performing an abortion on someone under the age of 18.

Commissioner Poizner supported Proposition 8 and traditional marriage. The voters of the state of California have twice voted to define marriage between a man and a woman. Commissioner Poizner believes the same–that marriage is sacred and that it should be defined as being between a man and a woman.

Commissioner Poizner will do what is necessary to secure our borders. He believes securing our borders is critical from both a national security and economic perspective.

Over the next several months, our campaign will be laying out a clear vision for California -- one which provides for a better future and a more efficient state government. We hope to earn your support as we discuss the critical issues affecting all Californians.

If you have any further questions or comments, you may contact us by e-mailing info@stevepoizner.com."

bwiese
11-10-2009, 5:29 PM
Steve Poizner, Meg Whitman and Tom Campbell are all throwing their hat in the ring for the Republican primary race for governor. Which of the three is our strongest 2A ally?

NONE.

They're all antis.

Meg Whitman is on the record as anti (even aside from EBay antigun issues).

Tom Campbell is on the record and he (or his staffer) even came onto Calguns and got run off (he doesn't understand AW laws, and thinks RKBA is different for cities than countryside).

Steve Poizner, last I heard, refused to even meet with NRA folks. If he's made some pro-gun noises, that's improvement.
Notice that opposition of AB962 is not guarantee of pro-gun status. I beleive he's made negative AW comments before.

He can't be much for pro-liberty, he voted against Prop 8.

My vote is with Jerry Brown, I want to reward someone who's stepped outside traditional boundaries of party & social straitjacket and done good work.

7x57
11-10-2009, 5:35 PM
The other Democrats mentioned to run are as anti-2A as they come.

Indeed. On the 2A, JB is in fact the best candidate. I say that as someone who had to be shown, and who may never be able to bring himself to vote for JB on other issues. The other Democrats mentioned (or withdrawn, i.e. Newsome) were awesomely bad. The Republicans are all bad, but not awesomely bad as e.g. Newsome would be.

That's the sad situation.

7x57

7x57
11-10-2009, 5:41 PM
why can't Gene run?

Too many 32-ounce steaks?

:rofl:

:eek:

:hide:

7x57

Nate74
11-10-2009, 5:47 PM
I hope they don't ban all the guns 'cuz I'll have to sell mine to eat, when all the jobs are driven out of CA...

bwiese
11-10-2009, 6:08 PM
I hope they don't ban all the guns 'cuz I'll have to sell mine to eat, when all the jobs are driven out of CA...

Ever thought of being adaptable and picking up new skills?

sholling
11-10-2009, 6:21 PM
I don't know Nate but I know what the job situation is like. I have a BS is information technology and 20 years experience and I cant get a job as a parts swapper or making fancy coffee or even greeting customers at wallyworld. The job market is dead and getting worse.

kf6tac
11-10-2009, 6:22 PM

+1. Time to go to med school in Mexico or the Caribbean, perhaps? Health care reform is going to really ramp up the demand for health care providers :p

bwiese
11-10-2009, 6:34 PM
I have a BS is information technology and 20 years experience and I cant get a job as a parts swapper or making fancy coffee or even greeting customers at wallyworld. The job market is dead and getting worse.

That's what all the COBOL guys said in 1992.

Move to Silicon valley and learn some modern programming.

Window_Seat
11-10-2009, 7:05 PM
Important to Remember that the true pro-2A people are considered to be pro-2A. The anti's will say that they "support" the 2A, and that they respect the rights of hunting...

As for anything, I'll believe it when I see it in the voting record or the signing of the bills.

Erik.

OlderThanDirt
11-10-2009, 7:48 PM
With the pack of retards that are currently running on the Republican side, I'm hoping someone decent will see the opportunity and decide to run. If Brown is essentially unopposed on the Democratic ticket, well, it could be worse.

Timberline
11-10-2009, 8:13 PM
A Republican has about a 0% chance of winning the election in this state, especially these three people. If a Democrat is going to win, hopefully it will be one that supports the 2A. Word on this forum is that Jerry Brown agrees with the Heller decision. I want to see what Brown does after incorporation through Nordyke before I support him. The other Democrats mentioned to run are as anti-2A as they come.

Schwarzzenegger? Wilson? Deukmajian? Reagan? These were not Republicans? The GOP has done very well for itself in gubernatorial races in California, much to the detriment of the State. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_California

If I were registered Republican, and were only able to vote for one the party's candidates, it would be for Poizner. Smart, fresh, least amount of baggage. Whitman cared not a whit to even vote, and Campbell is blander than chicken soup.

I wonder, is it an open primary next year? :confused: In any case, it's Brown race to lose. He'll be a great governor, again.

Nodda Duma
11-10-2009, 9:22 PM

Or forget IT and get an Engineering degree. The defense industry is thriving.

-Jason

KylaGWolf
11-10-2009, 9:23 PM
To answer the OP question None of the above is the better candidate.

dfletcher
11-10-2009, 9:24 PM
NONE.

Steve Poizner, last I heard, refused to even meet with NRA folks. If he's made some pro-gun noises, that's improvement.

Notice that opposition of AB962 is not guarantee of pro-gun status. I beleive he's made negative AW comments before.

He can't be much for pro-liberty, he voted against Prop 8.

My vote is with Jerry Brown, I want to reward someone who's stepped outside traditional boundaries of party & social straitjacket and done good work.

I'm all for thinking the worst of these folks - seems to be a fairly dependable way of breaking even with the house. But Poizner finished up that little radio blurb by saying something along the lines of "I just think there's been enough gun control" in CA.

I think his anti-abortion stand is a huge problem in the state. Personally I don't care whether he and I agree or disagree on Prop 8, I only care that we'd agree on guns - if that's the case.

Is the die cast, so to speak, with Brown? If a Republican candidate was quietly and certainly pro-gun have we lined up with Brown because he's probably most electable and presumed OK on guns?

Centurion_D
11-10-2009, 9:40 PM
I don't know Nate but I know what the job situation is like. I have a BS is information technology and 20 years experience and I cant get a job as a parts swapper or making fancy coffee or even greeting customers at wallyworld. The job market is dead and getting worse.

Damn sholling..I thought I had it bad. When will the job market pick up. I've sent out my rez out god knows how many times I haven't gotten zilch. And that's for any job not just desktop support.

wildhawker
11-10-2009, 9:53 PM
why can't Gene run?

Gene's too valuable to be tied up in the most neutered executive role in the country.

berto
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Poizner's response is great in terms of winning the 45% or so of the vote he needs to win the republican primary. Unfortunately it will get him about 38% of the vote in the general election.

Equalizer2
11-10-2009, 10:50 PM
God Help Us if she runs!!!!:(

November 5, 2009
Feinstein Still Pondering Run For Governor
SACRAMENTO (CBS 5 / AP) ?

Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein said Thursday she will base a decision on
whether to run for California governor next year largely on the solutions
the announced candidates put forward to deal with the state's fiscal
problems.

Polls indicate she would be a heavy favorite if she chooses to run.
Feinstein told The Associated Press in a brief interview that she is
grateful for that support, but it will not be a significant factor in her
decision.

"What does affect it is watching to see what precise programs are put
forward by various candidates to handle what is a very serious structural
budget deficit in this state," Feinstein said. "It's of major consequence
and California is in considerable distress, and there have to be reforms."

Feinstein said she would take a close look at candidates' dedication to
enacting their proposals as well as their ability to develop enough support
to enact the changes.

The state's Department of Finance is anticipating a $7.4-billion deficit in
2010-11, even after lawmakers enacted deep budget cuts this past summer.
Those cuts were so hard to come by that the state had to issue IOUs to
continue operating.

Republicans have three candidates running for governor: Insurance
Commissioner Steve Poizner, former eBay chief executive Meg Whitman and
former congressman Tom Campbell.

Democrats have no announced candidate so far, though Attorney General Jerry
Brown has formed an exploratory committee. San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom
withdrew from the race. He had already told Feinstein he would withdraw if
she opted to run.

Feinstein has a prestigious assignment as chairwoman of the Senate Select
Committee on Intelligence. When asked if she had the patience to deal with a
state Legislature that has often been described as dysfunctional, she
replied: "That's a very good question. It shall be unanswered for the
moment."

goldleviathan
11-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Draft Congressman George Radanovich for Governor.

http://www.radanovich.house.gov/

"A" rating from NRA.

http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_detail.php?r_id=4229

Wiki Article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Radanovich

On Heller case:

http://www.radanovich.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=95595

Deadred7o7
11-11-2009, 1:01 AM
NONE.

This is why bwiese :banghead:

choprzrul

"Commissioner Poizner is a supporter of the Second Amendment and opposes any attempts to chip away at the right that every Californian has to keep and bear arms."

chuckdc
11-11-2009, 1:21 AM
Draft Congressman George Radanovich for Governor.

http://www.radanovich.house.gov/

"A" rating from NRA.

http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_detail.php?r_id=4229

Wiki Article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Radanovich

On Heller case:

http://www.radanovich.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=95595

George is OK, but I'd rather draft Devin Nunes. Devin has been WAY more outspoken and more of a leader on things than Radanovich. I know both personally. George is a nice guy.. probably too nice to be much more than he is in DC now.

ScottCoberly
11-11-2009, 1:37 AM
George is OK, but I'd rather draft Devin Nunes. Devin has been WAY more outspoken and more of a leader on things than Radanovich. I know both personally. George is a nice guy.. probably too nice to be much more than he is in DC now.

Yes but Radanovich has got charisma, looks the part and he's a good age. Nunes is kind of dopey looking and he's only 36.

Sgt Raven
11-11-2009, 9:04 AM

Its sad to say, "None of the above". :rolleyes:

FeuerFrei
11-11-2009, 9:07 AM
Hmmm...Larry, Moe or Curly?
What about Shemp?
Curly Joe?
Nope.
The current crop of RINO's leave me wanting.
Fix it here...........http://www.unplugthepoliticalmachine.org/

Glock22Fan
11-11-2009, 9:11 AM
Poizner, Whitman, or Campbell?

"Would you prefer strychnine, arsenic or sarin in your coffee, sir?"

Sgt Raven
11-11-2009, 9:19 AM
Bring her on, put DiFi on a real campaign trail and everyone will be able to see far she's lost it. ;)

God Help Us if she runs!!!!:(

November 5, 2009
Feinstein Still Pondering Run For Governor
SACRAMENTO (CBS 5 / AP) ?

Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein said Thursday she will base a decision on
whether to run for California governor next year largely on the solutions
the announced candidates put forward to deal with the state's fiscal
problems.
.......snip...............
Feinstein has a prestigious assignment as chairwoman of the Senate Select
Committee on Intelligence. When asked if she had the patience to deal with a
state Legislature that has often been described as dysfunctional, she
replied: "That's a very good question. It shall be unanswered for the
moment."

chuckles48
11-11-2009, 11:27 AM

I've known Tom since the early 90s, and been his strongest defender on here.

Realistically? None of the above. Unless I see some movement, I'm voting for Jerry Brown at this point.

Which really depresses the hell out of me, frankly.

chuckles48
11-11-2009, 11:29 AM

And, most likely, get $15/hour to do so.

bwiese
11-11-2009, 1:01 PM
And, most likely, get $15/hour to do so.

Most likely not.

The people I see whining haven't updated their skills, have narrow view of work duties, etc. They don't understand the whole product, or wanna go home after just 8 hrs.

If you can do embedded systems programming and have a bit of flair for math & some HW knowledge, you'll not go hurting. It helps if you can communicate well.

dwtt
11-11-2009, 1:57 PM
The people I see whining haven't updated their skills, have narrow view of work duties, etc. They don't understand the whole product, or wanna go home after just 8 hrs.

That sounds like a government job, just put in 8 hours, while doing minimal work, then go home. After 30 years, they can retire with a full pension of 80% of their base pay, with medical benefits. They can't be fired unless they break the law or a bureaucratic rule, so there's life time job security. Don't ask me how I know.

As for my vote, I'm voting Jerry Brown. He actually wrote an amicus brief supporting the 2nd A. Can't say the same about the Republican candidates.

Quser.619
11-11-2009, 2:52 PM
But its Jerry Brown, the man's been wrong on almost every issue throughout his career. Who cares what a governor's position is if the 2A gets incorporated, if the state's financially ruined? Yes, things can get much worse, look at Michigan. I'd imagine that most Repubs have to walk a thinly defined, politically correct line when it comes to guns given the general public's lack of knowledge & the scare tactics employed by the evil "Assault Weapons" crowd. I'd take a fiscally conservative Governor & take my chances on a Supreme Court that's been ruling in favor of the 2A than splitting the vote only to wind up w/ mandatory Hybrid laws & even more taxes on top of increased gun legislation.

Glock22Fan
11-11-2009, 2:54 PM
But its Jerry Brown, the man's been wrong on almost every issue throughout his career. Who cares what a governor's position is if the 2A gets incorporated, if the state's financially ruined? Yes, things can get much worse, look at Michigan. I'd imagine that most Repubs have to walk a thinly defined, politically correct line when it comes to guns given the general public's lack of knowledge & the scare tactics employed by the evil "Assault Weapons" crowd. I'd take a fiscally conservative Governor & take my chances on a Supreme Court that's been ruling in favor of the 2A than splitting the vote only to wind up w/ mandatory Hybrid laws & even more taxes on top of increased gun legislation.

Where do you plan to find one that also has the ability to make it stick?

berto
11-11-2009, 3:10 PM

Incorporation gives CA Heller. What's reasonable under Heller will be litigated for years to come. A pro-2A gov would veto bad bills instead of signing them and forcing us to spend time and money in court.

Which republican candidate is fiscally conservative, can win, and will stand up to out of control legislature, unions, and populace?

Quser.619
11-11-2009, 4:01 PM
Where do you plan to find one that also has the ability to make it stick?

Won't until people change the legislature, but that's not really a justification of Jerry Brown.

Quser.619
11-11-2009, 4:05 PM
Incorporation gives CA Heller. What's reasonable under Heller will be litigated for years to come. A pro-2A gov would veto bad bills instead of signing them and forcing us to spend time and money in court.

Which republican candidate is fiscally conservative, can win, and will stand up to out of control legislature, unions, and populace?

So we should run candidates that cannot win, throw the state away all because we'll have a fight on our hands?

Jerry Brown hasn't shown any fiscal responsibility & plays very well w/ the ones who have brought financial ruin & hate guns outright. I'll take my chances w/ a governor that will hopefully focus on the financial ruin, the gun stuff will take the course it already is, because California is the way it is. It will be an up hill battle all of the way!

bwiese
11-11-2009, 4:12 PM
So we should run candidates that cannot win, throw the state away all because we'll have a fight on our hands?

Jerry Brown hasn't shown any fiscal responsibility & plays very well w/ the ones who have brought financial ruin & hate guns outright. I'll take my chances w/ a governor that will hopefully focus on the financial ruin, the gun stuff will take the course it already is, because California is the way it is. It will be an up hill battle all of the way!

Then, sir, you are essentially anti-gun - you're put other priorities ahead of gunrights.

That's the functional equivalent of the folks you probably excoriate for voting for Obama (antigun) due to their union (jobs).

You can always get a new job. You can't always get new gunrights.

Being a bit of a prgamatic realist, JB is likely to veto many crap gun laws coming down the pike if he's governor. You can't say that about 2 of the other 3, if not all 3, Republicans.

In addition, a Republican gov ain't all that useful when the party has surrendered in the legislature and statewide offices. At best, you'll get an Arnold putting his finger in the dike to stop a flood.

I will add this: during JB's stint as mayor of Oakland, his platforms and actions were largely indistinguishable from a pro-business, anti-crime moderate Republican. Lefties don't like JB because "he's an old man" and "part of the system".

Past issues raised about JB's governorship are often conflated with the mid-70s economy of that time - which was suffering from both Nixon's command economy and Jimmah Carter's 'malaise'.

berto
11-11-2009, 4:29 PM

We're already running candidates who can't win and have been at the state level since the '90s. I haven't voted for a fiscal conservative who won an important state wide race in my entire life. I'm 35. The level of failure on the part of the CA republican party is astounding.

Jerry Brown + a dem legislature is a potentially scary thought on many issues but none of the 3 stooges in the republican primary can win the general election. Brown is the best viable choice on strictly 2A issues.

Any gov can only do so much to solve the state's financial woes as long as idiot voters keep passing initiatives spending nonexistant money and the legislature is beholden to interest groups demanding more more more. Redistricting will help but that's a few election cycles away.

Quser.619
11-11-2009, 4:37 PM
Bill,

I respect you & all you have done, but that is ludicrous to say I'm anti-gun. The laws in California are unjust & need to be removed. The 2A does apply to each state. I am a firm believer in the Bill or Rights & would rather die than give up my rights to bare arms.

It's not about me losing my job. I'm self employed & have a nitch market firnely established & a spouse's business that is pretty much recession proof, so it's not about my personal survival.

This state cannot have another top down, pro-government vs. individual regarding fiscal responsibility, period. We cannot afford a politician that will enforce & maintain the political status quo in regards to redistricting, voter ID acts & regardless of a couple of Amicus briefs filed, has generally supported BS climate change laws/stances that is driving businesses away in droves. We cannot afford to become Michigan, because once there, no matter what gun rights we retain or regain incrementally, there won't be a there, there to support.

Support whomever you wish, I respect & value your opinions, but no matter who is governor the majority of the legislature here is anti-gun & eventually will produce laws that will infringe on our rights & make things even worse. Those laws will fall eventually, but we cannot afford someone that going to support & sign into laws that make it harder for the politicians to be removed, that refuses to investigate or enforce voter fraud case after case, after case & has never once shown any fiscal restraint throughout a lengthy career.

As a citizen in a state that has over 12% unemployed & saw a 28 billion in tax revenue shortfall, I cannot afford to be a 1 issue voter. Whatever we may gain in bills vetoed, we'll lose in other areas like increased debt, loss of local businesses, continued loss of tax revenues, insane environmental policies, etc.

Yes, I'd love a governor that will firmly support & defend my gun rights, but my rights are already limited & we have a track in which to gain them back already in place. I believe that you helped in forming the battle-plan. Fiscal & political gains in state must follow that same level of determination & strength of character if we are to bring this state back from ruin.

bwiese
11-11-2009, 4:48 PM
The laws in California are unjust & need to be removed. The 2A does apply to each state.

Good, them you agree with JB. Unfortunately until incorporation that's not the case.

would rather die than give up my rights to bare arms.

I really wish folks would spell that properly... it's "bear".
We do get ridiculed a lot on that particular instance of misuse.

Support whomever you wish, I respect & value your opinions, but no matter who is governor the majority of the legislature here is anti-gun & eventually will produce laws that will infringe on our rights & make things even worse.

We believe that once we get some favorable traction in multiple cases a lot of the anti bills & votes will subside. That's what's happening on the OLL front, on a much smaller scale - we've accumulated enough wins it's become known that it's not worth messing with.

With incorporation and attacking various laws we'll be able kill things dead and they'll stay dead.

Good ol' Southern boys don't run black men down on a rail, either - they know when they're beat. (I do use the racial pairing here because of the association between gun bans and Jim Crow laws and the accumulation of bad law that created doctrine of separate incorporation).

Those laws will fall eventually, but we cannot afford someone that going to support & sign into laws that make it harder for the politicians to be removed, that refuses to investigate or enforce voter fraud case after case, after case & has never once shown any fiscal restraint throughout a lengthy career.

As I said, he seemed to be pretty mature conservative mayor during his stint in Oakland.

And this is a critical time in gun rights matters esp in CA. The rest of the issues will be taken care of one way or another.

We lose political advantage when we don't help someone that has really helped us - as compared to the many POS CA Republicans waving the pro-gun flag that haven't done much for us at all.

Quser.619
11-11-2009, 5:03 PM
Trust me I'm not waiving my support for any political party in this state, there's plenty of blame to go around equally. I just don't see how electing someone that even local Acorn offices are convinced that have him in his bag is really going to help. If the same voter loopholes that allow the same POS politicians to keep their jobs is in place are protected by the Governor's Office, any change fiscal, political or pro-gun will not happen.

W/o going back into the same arguments, Mr. Brown will not be receiving my vote, but can't say who will. I can only hope that a majority of those in this great state wake up & actually pay attention to those that they vote for & realize who has done the damage

Glock22Fan
11-11-2009, 5:13 PM
I really wish folks would spell that properly... it's "bear".
We do get ridiculed a lot on that particular instance of misuse.

I agree. Also, it is a "niche market." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niche_market

Nate74
11-13-2009, 9:41 AM

I'd like to think that a BS in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA would be skills enough...

jnojr
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I think I'll be voting Libertarian again.

Glock22Fan
11-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd like to think that a BS in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA would be skills enough...

I can't remember all of the languages I've programmed in, since I started in the days when simple quad nand gates were the most advanced chips in a computer and a large mainframe might have 16 or 32 KB of core memory. However, once you have programmed in enough procedural languages, they all become the same, it's just a matter of where do you put the semi-colons (OK, an exaggeration, but any experienced programmer will know what I mean).

What really pi$$es me off is when some recruiter asks "Have you ten years programming experience in XYZ version 4.3" and totally discounts the reply "Well, IIRC, version 4.3 has only been around for four years, but I do have eight years experience in previous versions up to 4.2, and a further three years in 4.4" and they say "Sorry, we must have 4.3, close the door as you leave."

I most recently have eight years in a most advanced server-side object-oriented language writing and extending web-based applications for clients whose names are known worldwide - but almost nobody has heard of it, so I am counted as inexperienced.

Sgt Raven
11-13-2009, 1:41 PM
I think I'll be voting Libertarian again.

If you're lucky you'll be a minor blip on California's Radar. :rolleyes:

KylaGWolf
11-13-2009, 9:46 PM
Damn sholling..I thought I had it bad. When will the job market pick up. I've sent out my rez out god knows how many times I haven't gotten zilch. And that's for any job not just desktop support.

I have no clue but I counted how many times I have sent my resume and how many interviews:

Resume sent 300 times
Interviews 2

The news was saying today we are coming out of the recession. I don't see it here. The next thing on the news was unemployment is at 24% here. I too have applied at many types of jobs including going back to retail which I did for 16 years no one is hiring. My daughter is trying to find her first job and having no luck. I haven't given up I just keep applying and hope for the best.

linc2000@msn.com
12-28-2009, 7:03 AM
Tom Campbell wrote, "I took the position that the 2nd Amendment created a personal right to keep and bear arms ...". The right to keep and bear arms is a natural or God given right and the 2nd Amendment tells the government not to mess with it. In my opinion Tom Campbell does not understand the issue. Lincoln Pickard 619-575-0133