View Full Version : How do we get updates on reported cases? Requests for help

02-09-2009, 4:00 PM
I see one over the weekend deleted. But are we priveleged to find out what the end result is? Party at fault? Or another LEO not knowing the law? No details needed, but just wondering if we get opportunity to find out end result on posted requests for help.

02-10-2009, 8:55 AM
There's a reason for things to not be bandied about with idle chitchat that might add drama for the individual involved.

All is well it appears, and the person is in contact w/The Right People.

02-10-2009, 8:57 AM
Thanks for clarifying Bill. But didn't intend it to be chit-chat, but learning and exposure to LEO fud? No big deal if we don't air out results/learnings. Each individual is accountable for knowing the laws anyway and following it fully. :)

02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I think we do pretty well burying FUD here on CGN.

I do think we'll have some more good news on other BB-AR cases to report shortly.

And the recent matter, whose post was deleted and to which you referred, should end up being OK. I'd be surprised if it went very far.

02-10-2009, 1:07 PM
One thing we can share. Everyone who has had a case pop up on CGN has generally qualified for CGF backing. As Bill alluded, we'll have some good news on these very soon. It looks like it takes about 90 days from a LEO doing something dumb to a DA deciding not to go forward. During that window we like to keep the pressure off a DA so he just drops it. Cheaper and our guys get their guns back after a temporary loan to the property office.

Costs are a couple of legal hours for CGF and a LEGR $25 for the gun owner.

02-10-2009, 5:49 PM
^ Sounds like a good ending to me

02-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Google and the court websites.