PDA

View Full Version : Violence in Mexico

Aegis
02-09-2009, 2:52 PM
I have read several articles recently that describe the violence that is taking place in Mexico due to the drug cartels. The articles state that the violence has spilled into the United States and will continue to do so.

I believe the politicians in Sacramento are doing a terrible act, if not a breach of their oath by not allowing law abiding citizens to protect themselves outside of their homes from these drug cartels. It is a well known fact that many of these cartel members and other gang members are here in California in large numbers. The current may issue CCW system in California is a joke and only helps a small number of people.

Can the governor issue a state of emergency due to the violence and allow all law abiding citizens the ability to obtain a CCW? Maybe the governor and politicians in Sacramento don't care. My guess is many of the politicians who refuse to support a shall issue CCW system have CCW permits themselves.

Saigon1965
02-09-2009, 2:56 PM
Feinstein for years had a CCW -

AEC1
02-09-2009, 3:17 PM
Come on guys, do you think Arnie will do that. That guy... Dont even get me started. I want Pete Wilson back....

Glock22Fan
02-09-2009, 3:46 PM
Feinstein for years had a CCW -

I can't prove this, but I read somewhere that she let her ccw expire after getting some sort of honorary marshall's badge that allows her to carry in all fifty states, and on commercial aircraft.

There's also the story that her S&W fell out of her purse at some kind of fundraising, to her great embarrassment.

Anybody in a position to add more to this - except that it's off topic?

One law for them, another for the rest of us.

Sutcliffe
02-09-2009, 3:56 PM
With her ability to travel at our expense with full security details it doesn't make sense for her to pack heat. Could be wrong. I keep hearing that Federal Marshal angle and don't quite believe it. Anybody have some kind of proof or insight into her status?

Saigon1965
02-09-2009, 3:59 PM
I've heard both stories - She gave up the CCW - Now with her own security folks so no need -

Iron Wolf
02-09-2009, 4:29 PM
As for Feinstein, check this out (look under "Interesting Personal Note"):
http://usliberals.about.com/od/liberalpersonalprofiles/p/SenFeinstein.htm

And this (look under "Gun Politics"):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Feinstein

Quoth her highness:
"I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me." (Sorry to get off topic, but it's hard to resist getting feinsteined.)

Meplat
02-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Imperial county, on the front lines of illegal immigration, is one of the more restrictive counties for CCW. WTF!?!?!? I C residents need to re-evaluate their sheriff.:confused:

I have read several articles recently that describe the violence that is taking place in Mexico due to the drug cartels. The articles state that the violence has spilled into the United States and will continue to do so.

I believe the politicians in Sacramento are doing a terrible act, if not a breach of their oath by not allowing law abiding citizens to protect themselves outside of their homes from these drug cartels. It is a well known fact that many of these cartel members and other gang members are here in California in large numbers. The current may issue CCW system in California is a joke and only helps a small number of people.

Can the governor issue a state of emergency due to the violence and allow all law abiding citizens the ability to obtain a CCW? Maybe the governor and politicians in Sacramento don't care. My guess is many of the politicians who refuse to support a shall issue CCW system have CCW permits themselves.

GuyW
02-10-2009, 9:51 AM
I want Pete Wilson back....

Wilson was a lukewarm compromiser on 2nd Amendment rights, at best.