PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo Gun show (Feb 14-15)

mecam
02-09-2009, 1:07 PM
Anybody attending?

Solano County Fairgrounds
900 Fairgrounds Drive
Vallejo, CA

-

hybridatsun350
02-09-2009, 1:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'll probably just be getting jerky, but you never know!

mecam
02-09-2009, 1:11 PM
I'm definitely there for some teriyaki jerkys and some Miwall .40s & .38spcs.

p7m8jg
02-09-2009, 1:49 PM
What's it like, good sized?

40 tables?
10?

domokun
02-09-2009, 2:25 PM
What's it like, good sized?

40 tables?
10?

Miwall will be there if you need some bulk factory ammo... It's one of the better "smaller" shows in the Bay Area.

edward
02-09-2009, 2:32 PM
I'll be there, also for ammo.

Please lord let there be well priced 308 this time...

Darklyte27
02-09-2009, 3:06 PM
not going, no need for me...

PorkLover
02-09-2009, 3:26 PM
maybe for me......how much more ammo do I possibly need?......I'm pretty well stocked for now but with the buying "frenzy" going on, do I really need to buy more....

m98
02-13-2009, 2:14 AM
I may go on sat. Anyone know if any of the cgn vendors are going to be at the show besides MIwall?

ivanimal
02-13-2009, 2:48 AM
Maybe Sunday.

technique
02-13-2009, 2:53 AM
I should be there Sunday,,,

Just a heads up fellas...IIRC no beer in the Valley Jo show:(

m24armorer
02-13-2009, 6:32 AM
The bar is in the off track betting joint across from the gunshow :)

PRKArms
02-13-2009, 7:12 AM
We are going to be attending, and we'll be bringing some interesting toys :D

mecam
02-13-2009, 7:19 AM

Ok, now I'm going for sure. I'm still debating if I should bring my credit card or not.

PRKArms
02-13-2009, 9:37 AM
Ok, now I'm going for sure. I'm still debating if I should bring my credit card or not.

Bring it,

Sometimes you only get one shot at the really rare stuff ;)

zman
02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah! Nothing says "HAPPY VALENTINES" more than going to the gun show :43:

Barbarossa
02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm going, looking for an upper, and some ammo.

theneko
02-13-2009, 11:21 AM

OK then I'm there. Any thoughts of a CG meet? Like "noon on Sunday at the door"?? Any special attire to recgnize each other...?

Vectrexer
02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I am going. And hitting Earl's BBQ right afterward if they are open.

Been looking for a reason to hit Vallejo again. Show (with Miwall) and meat are good reasons!

MrNiceGuy
02-13-2009, 1:01 PM
I'll probably head up there on Sat.
Want a ride up Ric?

mecam
02-13-2009, 1:08 PM
I'll probably head up there on Sat.
Want a ride up Ric?

I'll be coming from the inlaws in Fremont. We still need to plan our BLM trip though, I'll PM you on that. :thumbsup:

professionalcoyotehunter
02-13-2009, 1:10 PM
I f I could get an ATI stock there cheaper than on ebay I would go.

mecam
02-13-2009, 1:12 PM
I f I could get an ATI stock there cheaper than on ebay I would go.

Bring cash and you might.

SwissFluCase
02-13-2009, 1:32 PM
I'll be there. I wasn't planning on it, but I am going on Saturday.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Grumpyoldretiredcop
02-13-2009, 3:30 PM
Going Sunday. No real reason to go, just want to see what's there.

technique
02-13-2009, 4:24 PM
OK then I'm there. Any thoughts of a CG meet? Like "noon on Sunday at the door"?? Any special attire to recgnize each other...?

wear your tinfoil hat:TFH:

norcal-ar
02-13-2009, 4:25 PM
gonna head out saturday and see what they may have for ammo but just going to get out of the house before i have to go do valentines day stuff with the woman although she wants me to take her shooting for the 1st time sat so i think i'll be okay!

PRKArms
02-13-2009, 4:32 PM

I suspect everyone will bump into each other while hovering around the black guns...

If you have a cal guns t-shirt or cap it would be a good time to wear it, not just so people recognize you as a member but to get the good word out to some of the uninitiated who need to be brought up to speed on CA gun laws.

we don't know where the show is going to stick us yet, and its doubtful we can slip away from our table at all during the show, but swing by and introduce yourselves, you won't be able to miss us.

PRKArms
02-13-2009, 6:09 PM
One other thing,

We'll be in the shop late tonight prepping for the show so if there is anything specifically you want us to bring give us a call and let us know.

w55
02-13-2009, 9:04 PM
Try to swing by after work, its right on the way home.

wolf13
02-13-2009, 9:19 PM
I'll be going sometime on Sun.

G-Man WC
02-13-2009, 9:55 PM
I'll be heading in on Sat from Walnut Creek. Looking for reloading supplies and then on to GFAOS and then to Sportsmans in Rocklin to stock up. There's gotta be componets somewhere. -g

norcal77
02-14-2009, 4:54 AM
I am going. And hitting Earl's BBQ right afterward if they are open.

Been looking for a reason to hit Vallejo again. Show (with Miwall) and meat are good reasons!

???...is that the place in Parkway Plaza?:ack2:...try JJs fish or Buttercup pantry...unless you hate good fried food or american cuisine.

Vectrexer
02-14-2009, 9:53 AM
???...is that the place in Parkway Plaza?:ack2:...try JJs fish or Buttercup pantry...unless you hate good fried food or american cuisine.

Fried food? It's a friend to me. The kind of friend who get's you in trouble when you go out on the town. Fun all the same.

That is the Place off of Springs Road Here is a link: Earl's Barbecue (http://www.yelp.com/biz/earls-barbecue-vallejo)

I may go to the other BBQ places I had my eye on:
D's Bar-B-Que (http://www.yelp.com/biz/ds-bar-b-que-vallejo) on Sonoma Blvd.
or
Michael's Southern Delights (http://www.yelp.com/biz/michaels-southern-delights-vallejo) on Marie world Parkway.

BTW when you said Buttercup pantry I guess you meant the Buttercup Grill and Bar (http://www.yelp.com/biz/buttercup-grill-and-bar-vallejo#hrid:VvdXkXiWpTqGVQJxCugiMg/src:search/query:Buttercup pantry) ? Looks like an ok local place. I may go there for breakfast.

And yes, J J's Fish & Chicken (http://www.yelp.com/biz/j-js-fish-and-chicken-vallejo) looks to be good stuff. Hushpuppies!

Vectrexer
02-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Show info and map link:

Code of the West Gun Shows (http://www.codeofthewestgunshows.com/gun_show_schedules.htm)

Solano County Fairgrounds (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Solano+County+Fairgrounds,+900+Fairgrounds+Drive +Vallejo,+CA&sll=38.140092,-122.229767&sspn=0.080737,0.169601&gl=us&layer=t&ie=UTF8&ll=38.13832,-122.23002&spn=0.080739,0.169601&z=13)
900 Fairgrounds Drive
Vallejo, CA

Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

MrNiceGuy
02-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Er....where was Jeff and Minder's table?
Walked the place twice and didn't see them.

thedrickel
02-14-2009, 1:30 PM
We didn't make it man . . . ran out of gas last night. Too many nights of 4 hours sleep in a row. :(

pinwheels
02-14-2009, 1:45 PM
I haven't been to one of these before. Am I likely to find a couple of Glock mags and double mag pouch for reasonable $?

Blue
02-14-2009, 1:53 PM
Any special attire to recgnize each other...?

Just look for the insanely over weight,...oh wait this is Calguns not AR15.com....

G-Man WC
02-14-2009, 1:53 PM
Show was jammed up from the gitgo. Arrived at 9:30 to stand in line at Miwall for 40 mins to buy 308 and Win Primers. By 10:30 it was wall to wall. Had to leave cause it was really smelling like *** in there. Adding to the overall experience, many people deceided that bringing the kids and strollers was fun! "She falls in a well her eyes get crossed, Gets kicked in the head by a mule her eyes get uncrossed. I don't know?" Uncle Eddy
Not sure these's going to be much let over for tomorrow. Went on to GFAOS for a few Lb's of powder before returning home to beat the rain.-gary

Barbarossa
02-14-2009, 2:03 PM
See any uppers there?

peteboozer
02-14-2009, 3:41 PM
See any uppers there?

i didnt see any for under 700

Gofasterdammit
02-14-2009, 4:10 PM
There was a used LMT GPU upper there for the low low price of $1,900. Those two guys with the AR stuff on the tables by the bathroom tried to tell me that was a good price and it was new. Where was PRK?

m98
02-14-2009, 5:44 PM
Just look for the insanely over weight,...oh wait this is Calguns not AR15.com....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ivanimal
02-14-2009, 5:52 PM
Show was jammed up from the gitgo. Arrived at 9:30 to stand in line at Miwall for 40 mins to buy 308 and Win Primers. By 10:30 it was wall to wall. Had to leave cause it was really smelling like *** in there. Adding to the overall experience, many people deceided that bringing the kids and strollers was fun! "She falls in a well her eyes get crossed, Gets kicked in the head by a mule her eyes get uncrossed. I don't know?" Uncle Eddy
Not sure these's going to be much let over for tomorrow. Went on to GFAOS for a few Lb's of powder before returning home to beat the rain.-gary

We still need to get together and talk reloading.

I will be at the show early Sun.

tankerman
02-14-2009, 6:01 PM
OK then I'm there. Any thoughts of a CG meet? Like "noon on Sunday at the door"?? Any special attire to recgnize each other...?No need for special attire, just look for the overweight bald guys with bad BO that never shut-up..

technique
02-14-2009, 6:03 PM
No need for special attire, just look for the overweight bald guys with bad BO that never shut-up..

LMFAO:rofl2:

sig line!!!!!

G-Man WC
02-14-2009, 8:14 PM
We still need to get together and talk reloading.

I will be at the show early Sun.

Ivan, Lets do it sooner than later. :thumbsup: PM inbound! -gary

chiz
02-14-2009, 8:26 PM
I may go to the other BBQ places I had my eye on:
D's Bar-B-Que (http://www.yelp.com/biz/ds-bar-b-que-vallejo) on Sonoma Blvd.

d's is closed now. they haven't been open for six months. the only reason to go to vallejo was for d's bbq and gun shows.

packnrat
02-14-2009, 8:27 PM
Miwall was just about mty by late sat, said could not get resupply,
do to snow.
Even the table with all the mty ammo cans got cleaned out.

the at tables were doing good all day, and have plenty left.

some good guns...(read old) but over priced.

Inkman
02-14-2009, 10:32 PM
I love looking at all the guns, just have no idea what's a good deal on old revolvers and shotguns I definitely know what isn't a good deal on handguns and Saigas though. G23s for $689.00? You bay area dealer (s) that were there should know better.

I told my buddy i was with that he can look, but don't even think about buying w/o doing his homework first.
I did see some ARs that i might have plunked down some money on (basic ones) if i really felt the BRD pulling hard. Only prob for me is i already have 2 and now i don't follow them closely anymore. All the different uppers and lowers boggle my mind.

Who was the dealer with the sign on cardboard that said in big letters something to the effect of "NO!! WE DO NOT DO TRANSFERS, SO DON'T EVEN ASK!!"........Me being me, i just had to ask if they did transfers. :43: Got a mean glare back at me. :D

Al

pinwheels
02-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Sorry for the repost, but am planning a Sunday AM run to Vallejo. Noobie to all this, and haven't been to one of these shows. If there's 40 S&W left, might buy some, but I'm getting into IPSC-type things and wondering - do vendors there have mags, mag pouches, belts, holsters, etc.? Or maybe Glock internals?

RP1911
02-15-2009, 8:51 AM
Thinking of going to the show and taking one of my AR-15s to sell (Bullet Button). Just not sure how that's going to work at the entrance.

m24armorer
02-15-2009, 7:31 PM
My factory FN A2 uppers were 350.00 less BCG. I had the best prices at the show and I still took them home.

Xerxes
02-15-2009, 9:37 PM
My factory FN A2 uppers were 350.00 less BCG. I had the best prices at the show and I still took them home.

That was last years fashion.

Have you not heard the hemlines are shorter (16" barrel) and the tops are low cut (flat tops) for this years most favorite fashion that commands the high price and sales.

And we think our wives are fickle about having the color of their purse matching their shoes.

sheeezzzz....:eek:

Barbarossa
02-15-2009, 10:02 PM
I wandered the show for about an hour and a half on saturday. I looked at various AR related items, and the Miwall table, Etc...

This was the first gun show I have been to, but I was under the impression that no one wanted to sell anything.

I work in sales and work trade shows, and generally when someone approaches your booth you greet them, or acknowledge them.

I felt like I was interrupting the people working the booths, to ask them simple questions. They were all sitting around just talking amongst themselves.

Only .223 I saw was wolf, and I didn't see any real persuasive deals on .40 S&W.

After an hour drive and $10 to get in I only bought two containers which would hold a box of shotgun shells each.

I walked out with my money thinking that there sure wasn't much salesmanship, and that I essentially wasted 4 hours.

Is this the normal read you all have on gunshows?

G-Man WC
02-16-2009, 12:53 AM
I would agree with you Barb, half of the vendors at any of the shows I've ever been to have attitude and seem to give me the impression that your an idiot and wasting there time if your not buying from the anoited one. Just like some gun shops, they lack basic customer service skills to even muster up a simple greeting to even warrent a sale. But on the other hand, I'm sure they put up with a lot of crap and swap meet customers that want to haggle over a quarter. -gary

B.D.Dubloon
02-16-2009, 12:58 AM
I was at Vallejo today for a while doing a ppt. It was alright, but it was 90% c&r stuff, which was kinda lame. And listening to some guy try and sell me a 91/30 for 250 because I can cash and carry it is a little bit insulting. 10 bucks is a ridiculous price for admission to such a small show, especially when they are charging 5 bucks for parking too.

BDD

Tweak338
02-16-2009, 1:04 AM

I would have jumped on them.

spddrcr
02-16-2009, 3:37 AM
I had a great time being hit in the back directly on my newly implanted spinal cord stimulator by an old guy with a cane, I was like WTF? oh i didnt see you there was his reply:confused:

I think this was my last vallejo show, the vendors dont seem to want to sell to the public and when they do want to it's only because they think your going to pay them twice what the firearm is actually worth. I remember a time when going to a gun show was fun and you could get deals on guns:confused:

Ford8N
02-16-2009, 5:41 AM
I wandered the show for about an hour and a half on saturday. I looked at various AR related items, and the Miwall table, Etc...

This was the first gun show I have been to, but I was under the impression that no one wanted to sell anything.

I work in sales and work trade shows, and generally when someone approaches your booth you greet them, or acknowledge them.

I felt like I was interrupting the people working the booths, to ask them simple questions. They were all sitting around just talking amongst themselves.

Only .223 I saw was wolf, and I didn't see any real persuasive deals on .40 S&W.

After an hour drive and $10 to get in I only bought two containers which would hold a box of shotgun shells each.

I walked out with my money thinking that there sure wasn't much salesmanship, and that I essentially wasted 4 hours.

Is this the normal read you all have on gunshows?

There is a certain item I have been walking past at the Ventura show for five years in a row. I made an honest offer five years ago to that vendor and it's still on his table to this day. He could have doubled his money if he would have taken my offer and put it in a CD in the bank. Most of these guys from what I know are not there to sell, it's just something to do over the weekend. A social thing.

My peeve is the vendor who doesn't mark his stuff. He leaves the table to visit around the show and the guy left to answer questions doesn't have the authority to set a price on an item. I always get the "Oh he just left and will be right back", Fail! You just lost a sale.

theneko
02-16-2009, 8:07 AM
I guess I was also a bit disappointed - although it wasn't that much different than the last time I went to the valejo show. After $5 for parking and $10 to get in there wasn't much left of my $20. I didn't expect to get anything for $5 but the prices were what you see in the gun stores. No deals here. Most people seemed to be buying ammo cans ($6 isn't too bad) and bulk ammo (I have plenty which I got at better prices). Vendors seemed nice enough but it was much more crowded than the last time I was there so maybe they are more busy.

theneko
02-16-2009, 8:08 AM
No need for special attire, just look for the overweight bald guys with bad BO that never shut-up..

heh heh hehe - that would describe just about everyone in the place ! :p

nagorb
02-16-2009, 9:59 AM

i would have taken one

elSquid
02-16-2009, 2:19 PM
i would have taken one

Factory fresh FN A2 uppers sans BCG/CH? Yeah, I'm interested. :)

-- Michael

Requiem
02-16-2009, 2:20 PM
Lol. I wanted to go, but said "F that" when I found out it was $5 for parking and $10 to get in... *shrugs*

tankerman
02-16-2009, 6:16 PM
I like the Vallejo show, but I'm not usually looking for black rifle parts, when you can find a better selection online.

Last time I found a $200 sight for $10 in some old guy's bucket o' parts and I also bought a $5 part off some other guy who was selling the stuff for his garage that his wife wanted him to get rid of, BS'ed with him for a few minutes and he gave me two 5 gallon buckets of 223 and 308 brass for free.

If you go to gunshows just to act Tacticool then gunshows probably aren't for you. Stay home next time.

Jeff P
02-16-2009, 6:29 PM
Just look around, this guy from Sac, had Black rifle parts. Luis's prices are OK.
Another table with 5.7 x 28 ammo at $19.00 a box. That's cheaper than Cabela's. Some Milwall reloads .40's. Hey, I could of been cleaning the pool in the rain.

dfletcher
02-17-2009, 1:33 PM
I've generally liked the Vallejo show - more odds & ends such as reloading or an old Lyman peep sight were likely to pop up. But lately, not much reason to go because so many vendors are looking to hook someone who doesn't know what an item should cost.

m98
02-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I've generally liked the Vallejo show - more odds & ends such as reloading or an old Lyman peep sight were likely to pop up. But lately, not much reason to go because so many vendors are looking to hook someone who doesn't know what an item should cost.

Isn't ripping off others a part of kommifornia's tradition?..