PDA

View Full Version : Buy more guns and rifles OR rifles with scopes?

djslik
02-09-2009, 8:57 AM
With the current political climate being what it is do you guys think it is better to buy more guns and rifles now versus spending that money on accessories like quality scopes and other important accessories. I am looking to pick up a couple more handguns and rifles shortly. I also have some money set aside that I can use to either buy some nice glass for my rifles or I can use that money to get more rifles and handguns. I can always get glass later, it just seems with firearm prices going up and availability getting worse that I might just purchase the firearms first and then the accessories including scopes later. What do you guys think?

Beelzy
02-09-2009, 9:04 AM
What!?

You have enough AMMO??? :D

djslik
02-09-2009, 9:06 AM
I reload ;)

Beelzy
02-09-2009, 9:13 AM
Pfft!

Why didn't you say so. :D

Treat yourself to some nice Leupold glass. I used to think scopes were scopes
but their Varmint Reticle scopes are sweet. Excellent ranging capability, and
you don't have to use it just for varmint applications. ;)

djslik
02-09-2009, 9:18 AM
I agree on quality glass, but I'm more worried about having to backorder pistols or rifles and also I'm worried about the price inflating more. The way I see it I can wait on glass and it may or may not go up in price, but just over the last 3 months I have seen firearm prices skyrocket and nothing seems to be in stock. I would rather have the rifles I want now and possibly avoid any more price hikes and/or bans either federal or state. I'm good on ammo since I do reload. So I figure glass will be a future luxury and I can shoot the new rifles open sight for now.

hotwls13
02-09-2009, 9:23 AM
I can always get glass later, it just seems with firearm prices going up and availability getting worse that I might just purchase the firearms first and then the accessories including scopes later. What do you guys think?

I like that idea best. If you are aorried about high prices and who knows what else, stock up on the firearms now. Accessories are always easier to get (especially scopes since they are also considered HUNTING accessories).

domokun
02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
In the order you should be buying:

Guns
Ammo
Optics

Reasoning being that if you must be able to have the gun(s) you want by buying them first. Next if you don't have ammo to feed the gun(s), it's a useless paperweight. Optics are last because your gun(s) should always have iron sights on them right? ;)

fullrearview
02-09-2009, 10:09 AM
In the order you should be buying:

Guns
Ammo
Optics

Reasoning being that if you must be able to have the gun(s) you want. Next if you don't have ammo to feed the gun, it's a useless paperweight. Optics are last because your gun(s) should always have iron sights on them right? ;)

:iagree:

djslik
02-09-2009, 10:43 AM
I agree. So I guess I will be picking up:

Remington 5R .308
Remington SPS Tactical .308
Colt XSE Government .45
S&W 625-JM .45 Revolver

I'll wait on the glass.

SwissFluCase
02-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I still want to get NV just in case that gets restricted....

Regards,

SwissFluCase

SgtDinosaur
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
You can never have too many:

Guns
Ammo
Optics

djslik
02-09-2009, 12:39 PM
NV? What does that stand for?

lasereye
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I agree. So I guess I will be picking up:

Remington 5R .308
Remington SPS Tactical .308
Colt XSE Government .45
S&W 625-JM .45 Revolver

I'll wait on the glass.

I'm in the same boat. I'm buying firearms and ammo, and foregoing the accessaries. I bought a 5R in Aug. and they don't have iron sites. I ponyed up for top base and rings and a bi-pod but still haven't bought glass, I'd rather keep buying firearms and ammo. But I'm thinking of just getting a cheap one so I can take her out ; we'll see.

djslik
02-09-2009, 1:05 PM
Holy crap no iron sites, I just assumed that all rifles come with iron sights standard. i guess I didn't pay attention to the pictures too well. Hmm, that really changes things for me. I might have to find a budget scope for the 5R.

viras
02-09-2009, 1:08 PM
NV? What does that stand for?

Night Vision?

or maybe...

Necromancer Vampire?

Nefertiti's Visage?

Neolithic Vermiculite?

;) :D

high_revs
02-09-2009, 3:54 PM
accessories can be had much easier than rifles and ammos.

aklon
02-13-2009, 9:57 PM
Go for the guns, then buy at least 500 rounds for each gun.

Then buy more guns, and repeat the process until satisfied.

After that is a good time to think about optics.